Author Topic: Spookcats' Summaries  (Read 125398 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: Spookcats' Summaries
« Reply #225 on: January 02, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »
You summarize the show aND the thread?!  Wow.  I appreciate the thread summary!

Well I could be really simple and just define "the kingdom of Nye with heather wade" as "shitshow that is boring 9/10 times" but you know some people live for that 1/10 where it comes to a dramatic peak and she starts going off. ;)
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #226 on: January 02, 2019, 08:52:45 PM »
Well I could be really simple and just define "the kingdom of Nye with heather wade" as "shitshow that is boring 9/10 times" but you know some people live for that 1/10 where it comes to a dramatic peak and she starts going off. ;)
There is pattern of Peaks and Valleys. Valleys are good for her business.   "SAD"   @rekcuf .

rekcuf

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2019, 09:02:50 PM »
There is pattern of Peaks and Valleys. Valleys are good for her business.   "SAD"   @rekcuf .

i concur.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2019, 09:05:34 PM »
I would say no, don't do that to us!  Pease sit down and have some Christmas cookies!  I am not opposed to the show, just surprised you are covering both.  Reporter without borders! 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2019, 01:07:58 AM »
Congrats on being pinned!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2019, 01:12:57 AM »
    Summary for January 3, 2019

Drama

• Timebandit gives the official intro rating:
      Last night's Intro Rating: 9.1
      Charged out the gate!
      excellent pace, vibrant, had thunder.
      a faith restoring Bart Scale Buster of 9.1
    • Wanna read Paul and Ella stuff?
      http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=8.msg138757#msg138757
      http://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=8.msg138761#msg138761
      leading to the quote of the night
      Excusing my French but that is pure fucking gold. So bizarre and so many subtleties to ponder upon re-reading besides the obvious wackiness. I'm still pondering if they are real people or if it is an AI bot type of deal with the odd wordings, subjects, and such. Amazing, simply amazing.
    • When asked "WWAB" do?
      I think he would sit her down and say “What the fuck are you doing? Why are you screening calls, why are you only taking calls from the same group of people, why are you posting pictures of yourself like THAT? Why are you trying to be me, why do you keep disrespecting my wife, why are you letting yourself get into such a state that you oversleep? Why are you cursing on air? Why are you burning all the bridges I built for you?”
      Great questions. I can hear Art Bell asking each one. I would like to add one more question. "Do you think that Michio Kaku wants to be on your current show?"
      "What happened to my coffee pot??" :-X
      If you mean open the door to the world beyond and see what he has to say that has been an option, just a matter of choosing to open it. I have already had the sense he thinks I have in some ways been more critical than I should have been, yet thinks many of the points I made are good ones and sometimes kind of funny. He always appreciates searching for the truth and keeping to facts, but doesn't like personal attacks on anyone.

It would be unethical to say more and even the above is skating on thin ice, but with the intent of reducing harm.

One day I will have to answer for every post and word on Ellgab and Bellgab and I can only say I was being as fair as I could given ever piece of information and experience I had to process this through at the time I posted. If I was dead wrong about anything in light of new facts I will apologize to anyone and learn my error in processing so that it doesn't happen again.

"Stop it Heather just stop it! Don't make me come down there!"
      "Why does it smell like Cheech & Chong were here?"  "Who moved my good pens out of the Studio?"  "Why is there a bunch of kids down in the basement calling themselves Code Ninjas?"
      Actually you know what Art would do?

Turn his back on her and walk over to be with his wife and kids.
      WWABD? Quit.
      He would still defend her. He never could stand to admit he was wrong about something or someone. When he was he would frame things so he came off as coerced into supporting them. More than her behavior he would hate being wrong.
    • What the hell have I been missing?
      Enjoy West Coast dude.

Sadly, I'll miss it as I'm doomed to EST where all we have is Vara and an hour of Jimmy Church or Rense.   :'(
      We may not even have Dietrich anymore - it is possibly that he's dropped his show.  The last one he totally flipped his Bic and shared
      his deepest, darkest secret.  In 1936, Hirohito sent his 13 year old Mother to the Fatherland to obtain a sample of the Führer's
      sperm.  She was successful in this mission and somehow impregnated herself 30 years later with it.  Thus, Douglas Dietrich is a
      direct, genetic descendant of Adolf Hitler.   Not too many places for him to go after that, so he mentioned he might stop the show.
    • Liberace makes an appearance! Is it actually Bellgabs Liberace?
      Happy 2019
    • Timebandit wasn't amused tonight.
      Intro: meh.. bonk.
      oy vey..lackluster, grueling.
    • No discussions on the actual show.

Drama thread is up to page 4743

On Midnight in the Desert

David Marks calls in on Dave's show about the Beach Boys.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
    • Ellightened
    • Gone Fishing
    « Reply #231 on: January 03, 2019, 01:18:57 AM »
      Summary for January 3, 2019

Drama

Drama thread is up to page 4743

On Midnight in the Desert

David Marks calls in on Dave's show about the Beach Boys.
      Thanks for the update @Spookcat [/list]

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
      • Elluminati
      • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
      « Reply #232 on: January 03, 2019, 07:27:59 PM »
      Summary for January 2, 2019

Prayer Request
      @Bobs Your Uncle
      Drama

Drama is on page 4728.

On MitD
      Caller called in during the Zodiac segment and starts confessing to the murder of William Colby. Also allegedly part of the Regan shooting.. Truth or not? I have no idea, but it was definitely interesting!

Wait...that's all I have? ... :(

And for the pupper lovers *cough* @AngiefromNJ *cough*
      https://twitter.com/AMAZlNGNATURE/status/1079345008552132608
      AWWWWWWWWW PUPPIES!!!!!!!

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
      • Ellevated
      « Reply #233 on: January 04, 2019, 01:45:22 AM »
      Summary for January 4, 2019

Psst! Before we get started, you all should go to the Spooky Southcoast or MitD threads and go tell Spooky Tim "Happy Birthday!"  ;) ;)

DramaLazy Spookcat version

• Preview of something Bart Ell is working on.
        https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1080975917692928000
      • @Bluejay gif of the night:

• Heather claimed Art told her that "there is no school where you can learn all this." Actually, even in Art's day there were plenty of broadcasting schools and textbooks. The part that you will not find in the textbooks are his creative adaptations and theater of the mind.

From the years of picking out what he did it runs something like this. Lay out breadcrumbs in a way that the audience feels things are predictable and comfortable, but with a sense of suspense. (Ideally even the suspense has some misdirect to it with clever wording) Then turn that at the predictable moment to something the audience does not suspect. Then spend the rest of the show attempting to regain the initial comfort level, but never quite do that so that the show is a cliffhanger that can be spun from on later shows. You want the audience to leave at the end with the thought "Well I feel in one piece, but what the hell just happened? What should I think now?"
      • Story Time with Dyna-X!
        With the show the other night on telekinesis, I decided to give this a shot. To gain a place where I could concentrate without distraction I went to the local park and sat down beside the big oak tree with a thermos of coffee, as it was kind of cold out. Still, the sun was out and it was nice to find a place that nobody would ask me what I was doing.

Next to find something to move. There were swing sets and heavy trashcans but they all seemed to heavy for a first try. Some litterbug had dropped a small cardboard box about 20 feet away and I could try to move it to the trashcan. Focusing and trying to isolate my reality. Feeling the sunlight. I closed my eyes and refocused on the box and nothing. I tried harder. Still nothing. The third attempt was the charm. To my surprise I noticed the box had moved just a few inches from when I last closed my eyes. I've done it! Then I noticed it was still moving. How in the world is this possible? I had stopped focusing on the box. Was this a spirit moving it? Well I crept up to the box looking all around perplexed. There was no wind. I picked it up and there was a big snapping turtle underneath it that bit me in the ankle!. I checked my ankle and luckily he didn't draw blood.

Disappointed and with the stinging ankle, I tossed the ragged box into the trash and made my way back to the tree to get my thermos. Who put the turtle under the box? They are native to the area but usually are not in the park. Very odd, but not paranormal at all. Then I noticed the thermos was gone from where I had set it by the tree! I could feel my heart beating now. I took a deep breath and noticed it on top of the picnic bench table. What was it doing up there? I was relived to find it and when I picked it up I noticed it was half empty. Wait a second, how is this possible? Still nobody was around. I decided this was enough weird for one day and that I should probably go home and have a nap. As I walked back to the street I noticed a short very old Eastern European looking woman complete with a head scarf and netted bag with aluminum cans come out of some bushes near a park maintenance shed. She walked up to me and pressed a shiny quarter into my hand and said "Thank you spasiba for dah Chai."  "You're welcome, but it was coffee" was all I could murmur.  I felt faint at this point and grasped the coin and thermos as way to preserve a sense of the tangible.

She shuffled back to the tool shed and went inside and shut the door behind her. I figured she may have been homeless and collecting cans. But why didn't I see her drink the coffee? Did I really daze off while concentrating for longer than I thought?  The incident with the turtle was less than a minute and I so nobody around. I figured I should probably give her back the quarter and the money I had in my pocket so I went to the tool shed and knocked. No answer. I opened the door and looked inside and the shed was empty! No tools, no bag of cans, nothing. It was like I had entered the twilight zone. I looked at the date on the quarter 1963. It looked like it had never been circulated!  (*not a true story, but a small demonstration of theater of the mind, truth or trash)
      • Timebandit has the intro rating.
        wow, what was that?
        too singsong, tone variables, zero spice.
        I mean I like hard and fast and ready to rumble.
        When she hits the crescendo "and I'm your host heather wade"
        I want to be screaming "Charge!"..
        instead I was more of a "where'd everybody go"
        Intro Rating: a Bart Scale Blah of 3.3
        :(
      • It's like she throws a switch.  She is speaking normally before the Chase and then she gets all loud and fakey
        She says she's our host "every single night" with absolutely no irony. Amazing.
        Oh, so she's choosing not to have big names on the show because she's "topic driven."

• Problems towards the end.
        10:58 Pacific - Show feed down and reverted to Shivaya song.
        This was really a good interview with Preston Dennett - so hope the show comes back on.

still not back at 12 after the hour

There was a problem during a break with the encoder and also a mention of ice on the microwave tower on the mountain range between Pahrump and LV.
        I do not think we would be hearing her stream her Shailendra Bharati - Om Shiv Dhuni song if her internet was down due to ice. I also do not buy her "ice on the microwave tower" story one bit. Did she go look at it, is there an ice storm? She plays bumper music off of cds, so I have no idea what she is calling an encoder.
        Update: The show is back on. She is saying it is the encoder - "the software that enables you to hear the show."
        Ice on the tower weather conditions. 50 degrees and sunny on Thursday.
        Definitely an in studio issue. She was making reference to the Vu meters and a computer screen being frozen (and that computer had been rebooted earlier today) So she will be up the rest of the night doing tests.
        It took 30+ minutes to restart her computer apparently, I would look into that so that she can have a stable stream.
        Wow, she thinks she was off the air for 4 or 5 minutes, more like ~40 minutes! Maybe she was involved in an abduction and lost time.

Doomed

• Ellightened
      « Reply #234 on: January 04, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
      So, it was all "business as usual" then?

JUAN

• Ellevated
      « Reply #235 on: January 04, 2019, 12:20:25 PM »
      Back when Art set up his studio, didn't he say they had to microwave the internet over the mountains to reach Pahrump?  If so, the microwave tower at elevation could have had problems what wouldn't be reflected by Pahrump weather conditions.
      Merry Christmas

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
      • Ellevated
      « Reply #236 on: January 05, 2019, 03:24:57 AM »
      Summary for January 5, 2019

Drama

Other stuff

Hey!  Check out our new Spaced Out Radio store!

https://spacedoutradio.com/shop/

Spooky Tim hosts MitD

Pete Eberhardt, former advertising sales manager for Art Bell’s MITD shows up on the after show.

July 20th is what Pete means (not the 22nd)

10-21-2015 was the date of the gunshots in the background on the air when he left to "Thunderdrums" and made reference to the "back gate alarm"

The After Show also takes calls from @DynamoHum and (I'm guessing?) @sean92008

The After Show turns into @SpookyTim Lamone and Jose talking for almost an hour about wrestling. ^^;

sean92008

• Garage Band
      • Ellevated
      • Wondering if that was the end
        • Not me but an incredible stimulation
      « Reply #237 on: January 05, 2019, 08:54:10 AM »

Pete Eberhardt, former advertising sales manager for Art Bell’s MITD shows up on the after show.

The After Show turns into @SpookyTim Lamone and Jose talking for almost an hour about wrestling. ^^;

Yep, that was me... What's left of me, that is.  The combination of kids and old people is a special life-sized petri dish for illnesses. 🙄

I think Keith got hung up on my reference to days of old. I was really setting it up to address the current state of MitD. Eh, nevermind...
      Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
      • Ellevated
      • The owls are not what they seem
      « Reply #238 on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »

Drama

Other stuff

Spooky Tim hosts MitD

Thanks for the updates. I guess Michael T Vara will only need a tiny shield.
      +1

Bart Ell

• Shithead
      • Ellevated
      « Reply #239 on: January 05, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »

SPOOKCAT GETS HER BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR @SpookyTim PLAYED ON MITD.