Author Topic: They Should Know Better!  (Read 3105 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
They Should Know Better!
« on: May 09, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
I'm no grammar Nazi or spelling Nazi, but some common language usage mistakes are absolutely over the top. For instance many people (not EASL speakers) always switch "than" with "then". "He claimed to be richer then her, and than he showed his bank record to prove it." Do you have any such pet peeves of you own?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: They Should Know Better!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »
Do you have any such pet peeves of you own?

This one tops the list.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »
Nucky, if you could only see the messages and emails I receive from potential customers when looking for an estimate or anything else.

Nothing but small run-on sentences with no punctuation whatsoever. No caps, no nothing!

"hello can you give estimate on hardwood floors a rent suite might be laminate" << That is actually a descriptive one compared to others that will read like a child sent it.  "can you floor in june" < That one is verbatim! No ?mark no nothing!  I'm supposed to be the dumb blue collar guy?  :-\ God help us.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 06:27:32 PM »
Nucky, if you could only see the messages and emails I receive from potential customers when looking for an estimate or anything else.

Nothing but small run-on sentences with no punctuation whatsoever. No caps, no nothing!

"hello can you give estimate on hardwood floors a rent suite might be laminate" << That is actually a descriptive one compared to others that will read like a child sent it.  "can you floor in june" < That one is verbatim! No ?mark no nothing!  I'm supposed to be the dumb blue collar guy?  :-\ God help us.

Were you able to floor in june?    ;D

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »

Your fault for advertising on Kijiji

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 07:12:19 PM »
Your fault for advertising on Kijiji
Hahahaha almost a spit-take! :D Fuck, there is some truth to that! But only some..

Website does tend to get a higher end customer, yes. Do you like the website? I built it myself with the tools provided by a company based out of you know where.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »
Were you able to floor in june?    ;D
Dear Annie, it's May.  ;)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 07:22:05 PM »
Hahahaha almost a spit-take! :D Fuck, there is some truth to that! But only some..

Website does tend to get a higher end customer, yes. Do you like the website? I built it myself with the tools provided by a company based out of you know where.

I haven't seen your website, I was taking a guess based on the replies.
I saw an ad the other day for an "electrical guitar comes with 2 wires to connect to guitar speaker also comes with container guitar professionally tuned missing one wire but other 5 good condition"

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

You got a Website dude?   Is this it?  http://theguyfrompittsburgh.boardhost.com/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »
Dear Annie, it's May.  ;)

Ok, you may put floor ok   ;)

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 08:05:46 PM »
I'm no grammar Nazi or spelling Nazi, but some common language usage mistakes are absolutely over the top. For instance many people (not EASL speakers) always switch "than" with "then". "He claimed to be richer then her, and than he showed his bank record to prove it." Do you have any such pet peeves of you own?

affect v. effect
two v. too v. to
Anyone who pronounces "similar" as "simular"

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »

Why don't you advertise here?  You can pay in BartBuxx and reach ten's of people.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »
You got a Website dude?   Is this it?  http://theguyfrompittsburgh.boardhost.com/
You still got your the Doctors finger in your ass?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 08:38:20 PM »
I haven't seen your website, I was taking a guess based on the replies.
I saw an ad the other day for an "electrical guitar comes with 2 wires to connect to guitar speaker also comes with container guitar professionally tuned missing one wire but other 5 good condition"
Yeah, musician ads could make for a whole other thread. Wow.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 08:44:30 PM »
You still got your the Doctors finger in your ass?

Indeed I do.  Clenched so hard, I snapped that bugger right off.