Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 847253 times)

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9135 on: June 28, 2023, 11:42:26 PM »
Crap, I forgot and was busy.  Turned it on at 11:24 PT.

Hoagland had a few points of interest. The Face on Mars is made of glass, a form of glass that is made in Space and twenty times stronger than steel. Noory has nothing more than - "Interesting take."

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9136 on: June 28, 2023, 11:47:16 PM »
Crap, I forgot and was busy.  Turned it on at 11:24 PT.

Too busy for Crap to Crap with Dave Snorewell?  Bro..

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9137 on: June 29, 2023, 01:35:00 AM »

glad I left Coast on as I was getting shit ready for tomorrow, would have missed a classic Noory brain shutdown event.

So he's interviewing his second guest, a science fiction writer. The guest finishes a comment/answer and then it happens as it frequently does - Noory's brain malfunctions, there is the trademark awkward silence, the guest left dangling, the primitive area of Noory's brain keeping him breathing and semi-conscious is the only sub-system operating. Very slowly Noory utters the word 'Writing' followed by a long pause, the guest remains silent, Noory continues slowly and the word 'is' comes out, then another long pause, where is he going with this you wonder, aha ... he completes the sentence with 'an art'. Much success George, 'Writing is an art.', quite profound but what's the guest supposed to say to this. Noory's brain still in very basic function mode manages to tie things together with one of his patented 6 year old child like questions 'Are you glad you became a writer?' Scintillating stuff.

He's still hurting, struggling to keep himself in the game, so out comes another dumb question, he asks the guest about another science fiction writer, the guest helps out and says some nice things about the other author, Noory's still clinging to the ropes in a daze, all he can offer is another child like question 'How old is he?',  the next question would surely have been 'Does he like spaghetti?' or something similar. The guest tells Noory that the other author is 85 years old. Noory responds 'That's not too bad. 85 is the new 65.' Of course to Noory who's 72 or 73 that means he's really only 50 years old.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9138 on: June 29, 2023, 11:26:30 PM »
Old Walt the skeptical regular caller just got on with one of his fav guests Michael Shermer of skeptic magazine.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9139 on: June 29, 2023, 11:57:13 PM »
Noory just let some old woman caller go on and on rambling with some incoherent story for 15min.
Shermer had only a generic comment after that.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9140 on: June 30, 2023, 12:36:47 AM »
Old Walt the skeptical regular caller just got on with one of his fav guests Michael Shermer of skeptic magazine.
Noory just let some old woman caller go on and on rambling with some incoherent story for 15min.
Shermer had only a generic comment after that.

Walt was incoherent and he is probably deaf as well. I had it on while driving and I must say Sad Pack! Shermer would have won my heart over if he said "..
that guy's crazy, no comment..."
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9141 on: June 30, 2023, 04:12:33 AM »
Did Old Walt discuss his shoe size as he always does with Connie?
Merry Christmas

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9142 on: June 30, 2023, 06:47:43 AM »
Did Old Walt discuss his shoe size as he always does with Connie?
Nope - he only does that when Connie is hosting.
With Noory he just rambles on.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9143 on: June 30, 2023, 07:40:32 AM »

Walt was blathering on with his usual 'ya Gawd is just the manifestation of the imagination of people who had no microscopes or telescopes, the Jews were great storytellers ...'
Noory asked him 'Walter do you believe in God?' but Walt was only listening to his own voice, Noory raised his voice and 3 or 4 times repeated the question 'WALTERRRRRRR, DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?'  Finally Walt answered, he did allow that nobody can be sure and then went back to calling God and Christ fake news. Noory then asked Shermer if he believed in God, Shermer not surprisingly said no.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9144 on: June 30, 2023, 07:44:19 AM »
He should have asked Walt if he agrees with that a man's shoe size corelates with a woman's pleasure.
Merry Christmas

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9145 on: June 30, 2023, 08:48:13 AM »
He should have asked Walt if he agrees with that a man's shoe size corelates with a woman's pleasure.

Gasp!  This is what Coast has dwindled to.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9146 on: June 30, 2023, 08:52:09 AM »
I wonder if Norry is sad because he was bypassed for host of "Wheel Of Fortune?"  Maybe he can take Vanna's place when she retires.  That way he will get to "dress up."

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9147 on: June 30, 2023, 09:41:11 AM »
Walt was incoherent and he is probably deaf as well. I had it on while driving and I must say Sad Pack! Shermer would have won my heart over if he said "..
that guy's crazy, no comment..."

Col.John Alexander has done that.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9148 on: June 30, 2023, 01:08:48 PM »
One of the callers in the last hour was named Joan, but Noory called her "John" :D

Then regular caller Cornelius got on complaining about how hot it is in his area of Louisiana, over 100, so he said he was sweating like a hog, and stuff!

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9149 on: June 30, 2023, 03:15:06 PM »
One of the last callers in the final hour last night was regular caller Jeremy.
He told Noory he just called in to update him on his count of years, months, and days since the accident that put him in a coma...