Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838305 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1470 on: September 01, 2020, 03:17:02 PM »
Oh gawd, yet another crazy cat-lady tonight with a tarot pack.
Hey, we like crazy cat ladies here.
Merry Christmas

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1471 on: September 02, 2020, 06:16:31 AM »
Hey, we like crazy cat ladies here.

That one was a champion talker.

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1472 on: September 02, 2020, 03:11:26 PM »
...and another crazy cat lady tonight.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1473 on: September 04, 2020, 08:57:52 PM »
George wants to know if he knows Tommy

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1474 on: September 06, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »
12 minutes of C2C tonight. it's the first time in well over a week (probably more like two or three weeks) that I have listened

God, Noory sucks!
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1475 on: September 07, 2020, 05:06:07 AM »
GN - A unicorn, for those of you who don’t know, is basically a horse with one horn on its head.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #1476 on: September 07, 2020, 04:44:11 PM »
GN - A unicorn, for those of you who don’t know, is basically a horse with one horn on its head.

Well I had NO idea.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1477 on: September 07, 2020, 06:17:40 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1478 on: September 09, 2020, 08:34:27 PM »
12 minutes of C2C tonight. it's the first time in well over a week (probably more like two or three weeks) that I have listened

God, Noory sucks!

I wonder if most people stop listening to Noory cold turkey or was it bits by bits. For me it was bits by bits, I really tried to stay loyal to C2C but Noory pushed me all away. This was my order of peeling away from the show

First I stopped listening to Open Lines, the callers were so boring and repetitive and Noory couldn't hold a decent conversation
Then I started skipping the infomercial/personalized show. The Medical shows + Personal psychics talking to callers
Then I turned off a little bit in his "news segments" when he talked politics, than I notice it's almost ever show, so I didn't bother tuning in until 20 minutes after
Then I started tuning out during the call-in segments with guests. It's the same callers
Then I started skipping current events/political stuff that you can get any time during the day(Guns, economy, Virus etc) and if I skip the first guest I usually forget to check in for the second guest

I still listen if it's an interesting topic, the problem is C2C is not my first choice anymore. I normally check out the alternatives, and if their show isn't really catching my ear I might then take a look at what Noory has. That was never the case, as I always gave Noory first listen, but the last 6 months just really drove me away

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1479 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:16 PM »
I wonder if most people stop listening to Noory cold turkey or was it bits by bits. For me it was bits by bits, I really tried to stay loyal to C2C but Noory pushed me all away. This was my order of peeling away from the show

First I stopped listening to Open Lines, the callers were so boring and repetitive and Noory couldn't hold a decent conversation
Then I started skipping the infomercial/personalized show. The Medical shows + Personal psychics talking to callers
Then I turned off a little bit in his "news segments" when he talked politics, than I notice it's almost ever show, so I didn't bother tuning in until 20 minutes after
Then I started tuning out during the call-in segments with guests. It's the same callers
Then I started skipping current events/political stuff that you can get any time during the day(Guns, economy, Virus etc) and if I skip the first guest I usually forget to check in for the second guest

I still listen if it's an interesting topic, the problem is C2C is not my first choice anymore. I normally check out the alternatives, and if their show isn't really catching my ear I might then take a look at what Noory has. That was never the case, as I always gave Noory first listen, but the last 6 months just really drove me away

Ditto this ^^^

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #1480 on: September 10, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
George Haas tonight. LOL. He calls himself "The Cydonia Institute" -- it should be "The Pareidolia Institute".

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1481 on: September 10, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »
@Zetaspeak, I was listening to less and less (fast-talking mumblers, Willis and Garr, Ian all unlistenable)...

I had listened to Red Eye occasionally months ago and finally switched over. It just got to the tipping point where I leave the radio on the RER station, meaning I don't listen to any of the other shows too. I only heard C2C by accident.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1482 on: September 10, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
I actually stopped listening to Art Bell first.  He was doing something like one show a month, and it was always what must have been his pet interests at the time - consciousness, new agey crap, really bad topics, the final straw was a guest named Starfire Tor, or some such.  That was it for me.

Soon after I finally stopped listening to George Nap for good, although I rarely listened to any of that anyway.  Dry, boring, much too gullible.

Then Ian, he just became too much of a jerk.

And finally George Noory.  Although by this time I was already listening to fewer and fewer shows, and the shows I did listen to I had long since stopped listening to open lines and his other nonsense.  I can't believe Noory was the last one.  It wasn't a conscious effort, at some point I realized I hadn't even looked at the schedule for months, let alone turned the radio on.  I really couldn't even say when the last time I listened was, or who the guest was.

I did listen to a few MitD shows when Art came back.  Wasn't the same, and quit listening live after just a handful.  I meant to go back and listen to them, but never did.

LittleChris

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot