Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838643 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1725 on: February 27, 2021, 11:19:55 PM »

It's quite a statement to make considering the quality of people involved in Coast but there can be no question that Connie Lingus is the stupidest of them all. Her effort to promote herself as a Big Foot 'researcher' is hilariously sad, the reason she chose Big Foot to be her 'thing' is it's simple, what's there to know other than there's supposedly a reclusive ape man out there in the woodlands and mountains. All the other familiar paranormal topics, as bogus as they are, take some knowledge and creativity so the bullshittery *sounds* like science.

I tuned in last night, for the first half hour she rambled on making very little sense, trying to sound intelligent and create some kind of gravitas and mystery to what was coming but of course she failed miserably. The trailer park southern drawl of course doesn't help when you're trying to sound like a serious researcher. I hung in and listened for a while, the guest had a southern drawl thicker than hers, he is an Oklahoma state legislator who has authored a bill that would create a legal hunting season for Big Foot in Oklahoma. Now Connie I guess thought this would add authenticity to Big Foot, a real law that validated Big Foot's existence because you can't hunt what doesn't exist. Well no, the guy made it clear he has no idea if Big Foot exists or not, has no opinion about it -  all he's trying to do is develop some tourism for the state, he envisioned building trails/roads for the Big Foot hunters. Honestly the whole interview, the part I listened to anyway, sounded like something out of a Borat movie, the guy kept talking about how they could sell Big Foot hunting licenses at 'candy stores',  which I think means convenience stores, he sounded old.

She's on again tonight, I lasted 5 minutes, some wacked out woman was the guest, couldn't figure out what she was going on about and of course came to the conclusion it didn't matter.  Connie is incapable of finding a semi-interesting guest and even if she did she has no ability to do a competent interview.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1726 on: February 27, 2021, 11:39:17 PM »
Maybe they'll hire back Dave "Daddy Dearest" Schrader to scold both guests and listeners alike.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1727 on: February 27, 2021, 11:50:36 PM »

actually the guest is normal, it's just being interviewed by an idiot woman that threw me off. guest researches/writes books with a neuroscience and psychology bent, giving advice on how to train your brain to learn better.

Connie Lingus is very much a female George Noory. She's just got nothing going on upstairs. She came back from commercial break to Bob Seger's Night Moves and tried vainly to come up with some entertaining patter but what we got was a cringe inducing Boomer Mom trying to sound cool to her kids friends  'Oh maaaaaaan I love this song. What a classic. I remember waiting to listen to this song every night, I had to keep the radio real low *hyuk* *hyuk' didn't we all have to do that so our parents couldn't hear'

I'm assuming she's about the same age as me if Bob Seger was a big deal when she was in high school  -  uh, nobody sat in their bedroom staring at the radio waiting for a song to come on, if you liked a song you bought the record and played the shit out of it until you hated the song.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1728 on: February 27, 2021, 11:53:44 PM »
Connie Lingus is very much a female George Noory.
Didn't you mean to say "...is very much a female Heather Wade?"

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1729 on: February 28, 2021, 05:42:17 AM »
actually the guest is normal, it's just being interviewed by an idiot woman that threw me off. guest researches/writes books with a neuroscience and psychology bent, giving advice on how to train your brain to learn better.

Connie Lingus is very much a female George Noory. She's just got nothing going on upstairs. She came back from commercial break to Bob Seger's Night Moves and tried vainly to come up with some entertaining patter but what we got was a cringe inducing Boomer Mom trying to sound cool to her kids friends  'Oh maaaaaaan I love this song. What a classic. I remember waiting to listen to this song every night, I had to keep the radio real low *hyuk* *hyuk' didn't we all have to do that so our parents couldn't hear'

I'm assuming she's about the same age as me if Bob Seger was a big deal when she was in high school  -  uh, nobody sat in their bedroom staring at the radio waiting for a song to come on, if you liked a song you bought the record and played the shit out of it until you hated the song.

Funny and spot on.  The first guest has good credentials.  Very impressive actually.  It would've been good if Punnett or Syrett did that show.  I just couldn't listen because of Connie.  I quickly lost interest.  She irritates me.  The incessant giggling for no reason while she wanders of talking about anything but the subject at hand drives me nuts. 

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1730 on: February 28, 2021, 02:58:05 PM »
Funny and spot on.  The first guest has good credentials.  Very impressive actually.  It would've been good if Punnett or Syrett did that show.  I just couldn't listen because of Connie.  I quickly lost interest.  She irritates me.  The incessant giggling for no reason while she wanders of talking about anything but the subject at hand drives me nuts. 

Yeah, but don't you find her syrupy sweet cooing and fawning over every guest, caller and George Noory heartwarming?  Oh sure you do, doncha?  Tee hee hee...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1731 on: February 28, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »
... Connie Lingus...

This is so great, it's been so long since I listened that I've never even heard of her.

I really wish I'd marked the date of the last time I tuned in to C2C, instead I just realized one day I hadn't listened for months.  I'm not even sure what year that was (although it was before John B Wells started guest hosting).

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1732 on: March 02, 2021, 05:45:58 AM »
The show this Friday is about the 20th Century's Greatest Music.  Too bad Noory is hosting it.  Then it's open lines afterward.  I fully expect Mike The Millennial to call in and give his thoughts on what "younger people" think about the music.  He speaks for an entire generation don't ya know.  ::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1733 on: March 02, 2021, 07:28:30 AM »
I had the radio on while showering...  Noory had a Edgar Cayce "expert" on. George shone like a clump of coal... After it had burned all night.

The interviewee made a gentle point that she previously addressed the answer to his question earlier.  Classic Noory.

Maybe I've figured out his appeal...

He makes his late night listeners feel...  Smart. Well, smarter than the guy on the radio.

Eh, nevermind...

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #1734 on: March 02, 2021, 08:15:22 AM »
The show this Friday is about the 20th Century's Greatest Music.  Too bad Noory is hosting it.  Then it's open lines afterward.  I fully expect Mike The Millennial to call in and give his thoughts on what "younger people" think about the music.  He speaks for an entire generation don't ya know.  ::)

I need to tune in just for comic relief.  Hopefully there's some post-50s music trivia George is subjected to.

Speaking of MTM, I was listening to the Road Dog channel on SiriusXM radio (channel 146) early morning a couple weeks back or so.  I often listen to Coast to Coast AM on that station when going to bed.  A guy named Tim Ridley hosts a morning show there, one which follows Coast to Coast.  I happened to wake up early and caught some of that show, a show which is basically truckers calling in and shooting the breeze with Mr. Ridley.  In fact, I had never heard anyone who isn't a trucker call in to that show in my brief experience catching it.  But lo and behold, good ol Mike called in that particular morning, and from the conversation it was revealed that wasn't his first time doing so.  So I'm assuming he tunes in to Coast on SiriusXM.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1735 on: March 02, 2021, 09:44:38 AM »
I need to tune in just for comic relief.  Hopefully there's some post-50s music trivia George is subjected to.

Speaking of MTM, I was listening to the Road Dog channel on SiriusXM radio (channel 146) early morning a couple weeks back or so.  I often listen to Coast to Coast AM on that station when going to bed.  A guy named Tim Ridley hosts a morning show there, one which follows Coast to Coast.  I happened to wake up early and caught some of that show, a show which is basically truckers calling in and shooting the breeze with Mr. Ridley.  In fact, I had never heard anyone who isn't a trucker call in to that show in my brief experience catching it.  But lo and behold, good ol Mike called in that particular morning, and from the conversation it was revealed that wasn't his first time doing so.  So I'm assuming he tunes in to Coast on SiriusXM.

I may tune in as well. @AvDaBr  No doubt it will be comical.  Every group or song that is mentioned, George will say "That's a classic!"

So MTM is calling into a show that focuses on truckers?  Do you recall what he said?  I'm curious.

Less than a year ago Noory referred to MTM as a "new caller."  MTM has been calling in since 2013.  He just didn't refer to himself as MTM.  He was just 'Michael from Colorado.'  Makes me wonder if Tommy or George told him to use the Millennial handle. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1736 on: March 02, 2021, 11:00:58 AM »
The show this Friday is about the 20th Century's Greatest Music...

Oh really.  I wonder how much time they will devote to 20's ragtime, or some of the fantastic big band stuff from the 30s ad 40s.  Zero?  I wonder if they'll get much past Elvis, the Stones and the Beatles in the 50s and 60s up to, say, Woodstock?  It seems unlikely. 

The only thing we know about Noory is he has (or had) a John Lennon poster up in the studio (although he probably only vaguely knew who it is), and once said he's ''getting into'' Bob Dylan.  Yeah, sure he was.

The more Snorgy talks, the more cringeworthy this show will be.  Ok, in other words a typical show.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1737 on: March 02, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »
*It was too late to edit my previous post.  MIM rarely refers to himself as Mike the Millennial.  He's called that by George, Tommy, and all the other idiot regulars.  I'm sure he embraces it.  Anyway, carry on!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1738 on: March 02, 2021, 11:18:52 AM »
Oh really.  I wonder how much time they will devote to 20's ragtime, or some of the fantastic big band stuff from the 30s ad 40s.  Zero?  I wonder if they'll get much past Elvis, the Stones and the Beatles in the 50s and 60s up to, say, Woodstock?  It seems unlikely. 

The only thing we know about Noory is he has (or had) a John Lennon poster up in the studio (although he probably only vaguely knew who it is), and once said he's ''getting into'' Bob Dylan.  Yeah, sure he was.

The more Snorgy talks, the more cringeworthy this show will be.  Ok, in other words a typical show.

I think you're on point @PB.  You know he'll bring up Sinatra too, and as you mentioned Elvis.  The guest works for PBS.  Here's the synopsis:

20th Century's Greatest Music / Open Lines

Friday - March 5 2021

GUESTS

TJ Lubinsky, Open Lines

TJ Lubinsky is the creator/executive producer and director of the most successful PBS pledge show in history, DOO WOP 50, and many 50s and 60s Doo Wop, Classic R&B, soul, and folk music programs and specials. He'll discuss the greatest soul, rock, and R&B artists of the 20th century including Ray Charles, Dionne Warwick, the Righteous Brothers, The Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Johnny Rivers, The Miracles, Herman's Hermits, The Temptations, and Patti LaBelle & the Bluebelles. Open Lines follow in the latter half.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1739 on: March 02, 2021, 03:36:47 PM »
... Sinatra... Elvis...

There should be a pool going how long into the interview before Snorgie brings up his own singing.