Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838586 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1785 on: March 06, 2021, 01:18:24 AM »
More inappropriate odd reactions again tonight.

The guest doing the show on 60s R&B music was talking about interviewing Barry Gordy founder of Motown and how so many of the Motown stars are no longer with us. The guest brought up Mary Wilson of the Supremes who just died, he told George he had just spoken with her and she was in great spirits and had so many projects in the works she was excited about, 3 days later dead. He then told George that the interview will air on this PBS show. Noory's response to this. 'THAT'S CLASSIC. CLASSIC.''

What the hell is CLASSIC about it? A showbiz legend in good health and spirits dies unexpectedly - that's CLASSIC?

George Noory enters restaurant in St. Louis. A friend dining there recognizes George and approaches him.

Friend: George my friend, it's been too long.
George: How are yeeeeeeeeeew?
Friend: Good George can't complain other than my mother passed away a couple months ago from Covid complications.
George: That's CLASSIC ...... CLASSIC
Friend: Huh? Classic? Did you mean TRAGIC?
George: Interesting take

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1786 on: March 06, 2021, 01:20:44 AM »

The guest doing the show on 60s R&B music was talking about interviewing Barry Gordy founder of Motown and how so many of the Motown stars are no longer with us. The guest brought up Mary Wilson of the Supremes who just died, he told George he had just spoken with her and she was in great spirits and had so many projects in the works she was excited about, 3 days later dead. He then told George that the interview will air on this PBS show. Noory's response to this. 'THAT'S CLASSIC. CLASSIC.''

What the hell is CLASSIC about it? A showbiz legend in great health and spirits dies - that's CLASSIC?

George Noory enters restaurant in St. Louis. A friend dining there recognizes George and approaches him.

Friend: Good George can't complain other than my mother passed away a couple months ago from Covid complications.

It *is* classic. It's classic Noory.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1787 on: March 06, 2021, 01:24:03 AM »
it's always the same, he writes out a script.  'I'd like to thank you as a younger person blah blah blah'  he's so lost in his sad little world he doesn't notice that guests never react to his millennial bullshit, because nobody cares other than Mike that he's a younger person. what a loser.

No young guy talks like that in real life. It sounds like "I'd like to reply to your comment as a middle aged Generation X person whose good times are behind him."

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1788 on: March 06, 2021, 01:40:03 AM »
No young guy talks like that in real life. It sounds like "I'd like to reply to your comment as a middle aged Generation X person whose good times are behind him."

lol he's so sad. it's obvious he is extremely immature for a 24 year old, remember the Eddie Haskell character on Leave it to Beaver? He was a dick but when Beaver's parents entered the room he'd ingratiate himself with the adults by speaking very properly in a very mature way and compliment them, the parents knew he was a dick and weren't buying his act. Mike the Millennial sounds like Eddie Haskell but unlike Eddie he isn't a wiseass 50s teenager, he's being himself. It's as if he is trapped in the 1950's and he's hoping the guest reacts to him 'Why what a fine young man you are Mike and quite bright. You'll go far in life son.' That's what he's really after, at 24. Normal 24 year olds are trying to impress employers, professors and people of the opposite sex.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1789 on: March 06, 2021, 01:50:41 AM »
.... It's as if he is trapped in the 1950's and he's hoping the guest reacts to him 'Why what a fine young man you are Mike and quite bright. You'll go far in life son.' That's what he's really after, at 24. Normal 24 year olds are trying to impress employers, professors and people of the opposite sex.

It's easy to impress George.  Ok, first you have to get his attention, but after that...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1790 on: March 06, 2021, 02:17:28 AM »

I listen to Coast a lot. I honestly cannot remember hearing a caller under the age of 40. 80% of callers are the same people, and they are way over 40, i bet their average age is 60+ if not older. Mike the Millennial is lying to himself that there are lots of millennials who listen to Coast.

He blatantly ripped off Thomas from La Jolla's act. The structure of Mike's calls is the same as Thomas's. George announces they're on the air,  then they overdo the gratitude 'Thank you so much for taking my call' as if the fucking show isn't desperate for callers if not actually using a service that provides callers, next they move on to unctuously compliment the guest and George about the interview 'I'd like to say what fantastic work you're doing. Great interview.'  then it's time for them to show off what they know about the topic, in Thomas's case maybe he's a very well read old man, Mike is a loser who prepares for every guest on Wikipedia. George gives them time to do their own little program.

now I think about it, Thomas is too well prepared on too many subjects, I think he is also looking up who the night's guests are and studying up online for the big call in to Coast.

my god, how pathetic  ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1791 on: March 06, 2021, 03:49:48 AM »
With regard to commercials, if you’re listening online, you probably won’t hear the local commercials aired by the station. There are a number of reasons - union rules, licensing, and separate ad rates.  I’m not wholly familiar with how it works, but there are services which will detect what server you are listening through and play commercials local to you.  For instance, I would listen to a Minneapolis radio station and hear Georgia and Florida political ads.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1792 on: March 06, 2021, 05:29:34 AM »

What the hell is CLASSIC about it? A showbiz legend in good health and spirits dies unexpectedly - that's CLASSIC?

LOL!  There truly is something wrong with him. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1793 on: March 06, 2021, 05:40:19 AM »
lol he's so sad. it's obvious he is extremely immature for a 24 year old, remember the Eddie Haskell character on Leave it to Beaver? He was a dick but when Beaver's parents entered the room he'd ingratiate himself with the adults by speaking very properly in a very mature way and compliment them, the parents knew he was a dick and weren't buying his act. Mike the Millennial sounds like Eddie Haskell but unlike Eddie he isn't a wiseass 50s teenager, he's being himself. It's as if he is trapped in the 1950's and he's hoping the guest reacts to him 'Why what a fine young man you are Mike and quite bright. You'll go far in life son.' That's what he's really after, at 24. Normal 24 year olds are trying to impress employers, professors and people of the opposite sex.

Interesting take. ;)  But seriously, you're on to something.  He does get plenty of adulation from a few of the regular callers.  Cornelius has referred to him as 'a fine young man.'  Barry is a fan of MTM as well.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1794 on: March 06, 2021, 06:06:35 AM »
I listen to Coast a lot. I honestly cannot remember hearing a caller under the age of 40. 80% of callers are the same people, and they are way over 40, i bet their average age is 60+ if not older. Mike the Millennial is lying to himself that there are lots of millennials who listen to Coast.

I've only encountered two people of the millennial generation that listened to Coast.  They were big fans too.  I had the program on during an early shift and when they came in one of them said "You're listening to Coast to Coast! Cool."  That surprised me.  Then we started talking about it and it was clear that they listened quite a bit.  Talking about the guests, some of the callers, etc.  One of them said his dad got him into the program.  The other one had an iPod loaded with shows.

Aside from those two guys I mentioned, I have never met anyone in that age group that even knew what Coast to Coast was.  Actually I just recalled a girl that worked for me that said her dad listened to it.  She didn't though.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1795 on: March 06, 2021, 08:58:01 AM »
Last night.  George Noory to Dave Paulides.  "I wanted to take calls very soon, but you mentioned a little baby disappeared."  He can't help his obsession with bad things happening to children.  I was hoping he'd ask if it was a mean baby.

Noory also said he didn't think a Bigfoot would harm a child.

Interesting take, George.  ::)

My C2C weekday listening has pretty much fallen to when Paulides is on, that's pretty much it lol.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #1796 on: March 06, 2021, 09:31:21 AM »

Something new in his repertoire, or maybe I'm just so anxious for him to look like a moron that he's always done it but I'm only noticing it now. It's the inappropriate big 'HAHA' laugh in response to what a guest says. The guest will say something quite neutral, no irony at all and Noory on mental auto-pilot gives them a big HAHA, followed by awkward silence. Noory has no ability to recognize humor other than Red Skelton or Henny Youngman so it's difficult for him, so he flips a coin in his head whether what the guest said was funny or not.

what a weird hobby I have. when that other board closed I freaked out for a minute, without anywhere to document Noory's haplessness there would be no point in me listening to Coast at all anymore. I went and did a search on Twitter thinking maybe some people on there were mocking him and i could join in - nope, he's a big zero on Twitter, nobody tweets about him, the only references are some guests letting their followers know they're going to be on Coast.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1797 on: March 06, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
Something new in his repertoire, or maybe I'm just so anxious for him to look like a moron that he's always done it but I'm only noticing it now. It's the inappropriate big 'HAHA' laugh in response to what a guest says. The guest will say something quite neutral, no irony at all and Noory on mental auto-pilot gives them a big HAHA, followed by awkward silence. Noory has no ability to recognize humor other than Red Skelton or Henny Youngman so it's difficult for him, so he flips a coin in his head whether what the guest said was funny or not.

what a weird hobby I have. when that other board closed I freaked out for a minute, without anywhere to document Noory's haplessness there would be no point in me listening to Coast at all anymore. I went and did a search on Twitter thinking maybe some people on there were mocking him and i could join in - nope, he's a big zero on Twitter, nobody tweets about him, the only references are some guests letting their followers know they're going to be on Coast.

I've heard him laugh like that when a guest wasn't even finished speaking.  It's like he uses it as a method to cut off the conversation and go to the break.  It's not even an appropriate time to laugh either.  Plus, it's evident that half the time he doesn't pay attention to the content of the discussion.

I'm surprised to see he's not trending on Twitter.  That wouldn't be good for him anyway.

Good 'ol George is an enigma that's for sure.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1798 on: March 06, 2021, 03:55:34 PM »
Last night.  George Noory to Dave Paulides.  "I wanted to take calls very soon, but you mentioned a little baby disappeared."  He can't help his obsession with bad things happening to children.  I was hoping he'd ask if it was a mean baby.

Noory also said he didn't think a Bigfoot would harm a child.

Interesting take, George.  ::)

He also perks right up if an animal is distressed or killed

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1799 on: March 06, 2021, 03:56:13 PM »
I've heard him laugh like that when a guest wasn't even finished speaking...

''Haw haw haw, I love it''