Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838314 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1935 on: April 02, 2021, 10:58:27 AM »
That will help.  WOKV (Jacksonville) was a 5000 watt radio station in 1988 when it became one of the first 50 to carry Rush.  It rode the show to becoming a 50-thousand watt AM station, the a 100-thousand watt FM.  It has now replaced Rush’s show with a local show. I wonder how many other stations have left the EIB.
It’s been well over a month since Rush passed.  I can see doing this rotating host “tribute” show for about a month but I’d think it’s time to move on.   I know I haven’t been listening, especially since Steyn hasn’t been on in several weeks, as near as I can tell.  He’s the only one of the current guest hosts I could listen to on a regular basis.  I’m fairly confident PremRat can dick-up this time slot, too.  Maybe Connie “Giggles” Willis can get a regular gig.  I can hear her roasting Biden for not doing enough for Bigfoot.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1936 on: April 02, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »
I read in the radio industry trade publications, that Norry is being tapped to replace Rush Limbaugh as a rotating guest host.

Finally he'll get the exposure he deserves. 

Since it's not the middle of the night, maybe even a few PremRat morons will finally tune in and listen to what they've been airing all these years.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1937 on: April 02, 2021, 11:46:05 AM »
It’s been well over a month since Rush passed.  I can see doing this rotating host “tribute” show for about a month but I’d think it’s time to move on.   I know I haven’t been listening, especially since Steyn hasn’t been on in several weeks, as near as I can tell.  He’s the only one of the current guest hosts I could listen to on a regular basis.  I’m fairly confident PremRat can dick-up this time slot, too.  Maybe Connie “Giggles” Willis can get a regular gig.  I can hear her roasting Biden for not doing enough for Bigfoot.

Yeah, I was pretty much done with the tributes about 2 or 3 days after he died. I don't think this was Rush Limbaugh's plan. The show is a catastrophe. I emailed the Winterbles asking if Brent was inconsideration as a replacement host and had mentioned I was worried the format of the constant tribute was going to kill the time slot. No reply. My gut feeling is that they are trying to kill the time slot.

I don't recall too many companies that continue to use dead spokespeople for their ads. It is obvious that these people are greedy fuckers by continuing to run his voice on commercials. I do remember an infomercial with some copper magnet stuff and they had the golfer who died in the private jet, Payne Stewart (I think), as a big part of the commercial. They ran a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen continually saying that the family felt that was something he believed in, blah, blah, blah...

Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1938 on: April 02, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »
We don’t know what the contracts called for.  They could require Rush to be the spokesman.
Merry Christmas

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1939 on: April 02, 2021, 01:33:43 PM »
George and Tommy reliving past Aprils Fools pranks Noory claims were amazing such as the famous Toast to Toast prank where a deadpan Noory announced that the show had changed formats and was now a cooking show. Tommy laughed 'people got so mad!' and Noory added 'boy did we hear from people'

Noory lies so easily, his only natural gift.
Noory forgot to mention some of his other April Fool's joke "classics"
Like the 2 or 3 headed creature he interviewed, and the tale of a baby dinosaur in a cage...

Noory did manage to play a bunch of April themed bumper music songs last night, including one from his "buddy" Pat Boone.  :P

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1940 on: April 02, 2021, 02:04:52 PM »
That's even better than the guest who told George his name kept popping up in the Bible Code.

Good 'ol Georgie boy is blessed!  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1941 on: April 02, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »
Noory forgot to mention some of his other April Fool's joke "classics"
Like the 2 or 3 headed creature he interviewed, and the tale of a baby dinosaur in a cage...

What made that shtick worse was when he revisited it the following year and one of the heads was dead, but still on the body with the other two.  There was even a graphic on the C2C website showing the dead head on the body with the other two living ones.  LOL!  If I recall correctly Noory interviewed the others and had them describe what it was like to have their dead brother next to them.  (Or something of that nature)  It was so absurd.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1942 on: April 02, 2021, 02:40:22 PM »
...My gut feeling is that they are trying to kill the time slot...
I’ve had the same thought.  Maybe PremRad is going “woke,” like most of MSM now.  That should make the D.C. and corporate establishment happy.  They can move some kind of PC pablum into the slot and reach complete mediocrity.  That, or they’re just incompetent.  It’s sometimes hard to tell in these goofy times.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1943 on: April 02, 2021, 02:42:04 PM »
What made that shtick worse was when he revisited it the following year and one of the heads was dead, but still on the body with the other two.  There was even a graphic on the C2C website showing the dead head on the body with the other two living ones.  LOL!  If I recall correctly Noory interviewed the others and had them describe what it was like to have their dead brother next to them.  (Or something of that nature)  It was so absurd.
But typical Dave Noorie.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
« Reply #1944 on: April 03, 2021, 01:45:23 AM »
I tuned into the show just in time to hear George talking to Tom about Paranormal Date. After they talked about how cool it would be to have a paranormal dating couple get married on the air, George said "Remember the couple that got married on The Johnny Carson show?"  Tom said "Probably not as I was only four years old at the time.  Who?"  "Tiny Tim!" George said proudly.  "Oh," Tom said, "The Tiptoe Through the Tulips guy."

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1945 on: April 03, 2021, 02:39:01 AM »
I tuned into the show just in time to hear George talking to Tom about Paranormal Date. After they talked about how cool it would be to have a paranormal dating couple get married on the air, George said "Remember the couple that got married on The Johnny Carson show?"  Tom said "Probably not as I was only four years old at the time.  Who?"  "Tiny Tim!" George said proudly.  "Oh," Tom said, "The Tiptoe Through the Tulips guy."

George is tuning up for his Rush replacement slot

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1946 on: April 03, 2021, 07:50:23 AM »
But typical Dave Noorie.

@ItsOver  Wasn't there also another name that was mistakenly tagged to him?  I recall someone posting an article on BellGab and in it Noory was called something else.  I want to say Henry but I don't think that's it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1947 on: April 03, 2021, 08:01:18 AM »
George is tuning up for his Rush replacement slot

So, somebody's developed a shot for improved IQ?

What about show prep?  Or are those pills?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1948 on: April 03, 2021, 08:02:43 AM »
@ItsOver  Wasn't there also another name that was mistakenly tagged to him?  I recall someone posting an article on BellGab and in it Noory was called something else.  I want to say Henry but I don't think that's it.

Regular caller Cornelius talked to one of the rent-a-hosts and referred to him as "George Norway."

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1949 on: April 03, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
Regular caller Cornelius talked to one of the rent-a-hosts and referred to him as "George Norway."
Yep, Mr. Norway.  Snorge is a man of many names, though.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎