Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838643 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #3150 on: August 10, 2021, 11:34:40 PM »
...  He is so afraid of appearing ignorant that he jumps right in and names names to prove his competence... he has to "knowledge-signal"...

If that's what he's doing, he's terrible at it.  Like everything else I guess.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3151 on: August 11, 2021, 12:56:12 AM »

i can't be sure because he's always been dense but I think he's in age related cognitive decline now - he can't follow/retain what his guests say.

this second guest is an easy guest, he's written a book about lumberjack culture and the myths and creatures loggers told stories about in the heyday of the lumberjack.

so the guest had just spent a few minutes describing how dangerous a job it was and many died - falling trees, axe blades, drowning - he finishes and Noory says 'I wonder if some of them were killed by falling trees and things like that.' GRAMPA HE JUST FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT!!!

he keeps doing it, the guest has addressed whether these creatures are myths, he said the fun part is considering if some of the stories are embellishments of real events/creatures because some of the creatures are similar to cryptids such as Big Foot that people today believe are real.  But that doesn't get through the mush of Noory's mind, he keeps asking the guest 'are these real creatures or were they made up by the lumberjacks?'

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2021, 01:03:28 AM »

and he's doing a new thing lately, he's making comments on the artwork of the book covers of guests and then asking 'who did that?'  i have listened/watched thousands of authors being interviewed on radio/tv and I don't remember any interviewer asking who did the cover design - on radio especially where the audience hasn't even seen the fucking book.

he's doing this because his mind is failing, he finds himself without a question to ask, so he looks at the cover of the book and buys himself some time by getting the guest to address the book cover.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2021, 01:22:02 AM »

lol Barry has a stupid story about everything - doesn't matter what the topic is he calls in with a story and his usual laughing shtick.

Bullshit Barry that's his new name.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #3154 on: August 11, 2021, 05:53:38 AM »

Paul Hellyer won't be down for breakfast.

He's one of the crackpots the UFO retards reference to bring some kind of respect and authority to their 'research' because a thousand years ago Hellyer was the Minister of Defense in the Canadian government and they infer his belief in UFO nuttery like Roswell is based on Hellyer having access to highly classified information. Hellyer was on Coast in the last year or two, incoherently rambling on about many conspiracies and admitted he never saw anything interesting about UFOs when he was in government - he read the same UFO books every other nutbag bases their own 'research' on.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3155 on: August 11, 2021, 07:20:30 AM »
i can't be sure because he's always been dense but I think he's in age related cognitive decline now - he can't follow/retain what his guests say.

this second guest is an easy guest, he's written a book about lumberjack culture and the myths and creatures loggers told stories about in the heyday of the lumberjack.

so the guest had just spent a few minutes describing how dangerous a job it was and many died - falling trees, axe blades, drowning - he finishes and Noory says 'I wonder if some of them were killed by falling trees and things like that.' GRAMPA HE JUST FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT!!!

he keeps doing it, the guest has addressed whether these creatures are myths, he said the fun part is considering if some of the stories are embellishments of real events/creatures because some of the creatures are similar to cryptids such as Big Foot that people today believe are real.  But that doesn't get through the mush of Noory's mind, he keeps asking the guest 'are these real creatures or were they made up by the lumberjacks?'

I listened to part of that segment.  It gave me a few chortles.  Noory just doesn't pay attention.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3156 on: August 11, 2021, 07:25:51 AM »
and he's doing a new thing lately, he's making comments on the artwork of the book covers of guests and then asking 'who did that?'  i have listened/watched thousands of authors being interviewed on radio/tv and I don't remember any interviewer asking who did the cover design - on radio especially where the audience hasn't even seen the fucking book.

he's doing this because his mind is failing, he finds himself without a question to ask, so he looks at the cover of the book and buys himself some time by getting the guest to address the book cover.

Maybe his mind is failing.  It could just be me, but I noticed a difference in his cadence lately.  There are nights where he doesn't sound well.

Regarding the comments on the book's artwork, I think he's just trying to act cultured by inquiring.  Or perhaps, like you said, his mind is failing and he can't think of anything else to say.  Tommie needs to make some new index cards.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3157 on: August 11, 2021, 07:33:50 AM »
I was listening to an archived C2C podcast on my iPod.  I somehow had it on 1/2 speed.  There must be something wrong with me because I listened to Noory talk at that speed for a while and laughed to the point of tears.  I encourage you to give it a shot just for the sake of humoring yourself for a few minutes.  ;D

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3158 on: August 11, 2021, 08:36:09 AM »
I think he's more interested in showing that he knows the name of famous 17-year old gymnasts.  Just like he had to demonstrate that he knew who wrote "Shake It Off".  And Lisa Rinna.  He is so afraid of appearing ignorant that he jumps right in and names names to prove his competence.  This man who reputedly earns obscene amounts of money as the radio star of the night, is so afraid of looking ignorant that he just can restrain his 70-something tongue from jumping in to name names of famous sex symbols, even if it means basically interrupting a guest.  God forbid he merely pause & let the guest finish their story. Oh, no, he has to "knowledge-signal" right away.  This could explain why he seems to be single.  In his impetuousness to avoid appearing unknowledgeable, he would choose to trod on the sensibilities of women closer to his age bracker.

My analysis is that he is boring, insensitive, a dullard, self-aggrandizing, untruthful, and disrespectful, explaining why he seems single.  There could be more additions but that gives a strong basis. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3159 on: August 11, 2021, 08:41:29 AM »
I think he's more interested in showing that he knows the name of famous 17-year old gymnasts.  Just like he had to demonstrate that he knew who wrote "Shake It Off".  And Lisa Rinna.  He is so afraid of appearing ignorant that he jumps right in and names names to prove his competence.  This man who reputedly earns obscene amounts of money as the radio star of the night, is so afraid of looking ignorant that he just can restrain his 70-something tongue from jumping in to name names of famous sex symbols, even if it means basically interrupting a guest.  God forbid he merely pause & let the guest finish their story. Oh, no, he has to "knowledge-signal" right away.  This could explain why he seems to be single.  In his impetuousness to avoid appearing unknowledgeable, he would choose to trod on the sensibilities of women closer to his age bracker.
Jorch Snoorway, sex fiend.   :o  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #3160 on: August 11, 2021, 09:01:40 AM »
My analysis is that he is boring, insensitive, a dullard, self-aggrandizing, untruthful, and disrespectful, explaining why he seems single.  There could be more additions but that gives a strong basis.

Excellent analysis, I'd add dumb, poorly educated, with a complete lack of interest in the world around him.

Just the right skillset for an Art Bell on the fence as to whether he wanted to return.  I doubt any one of the career ladder climbers at PremRat has ever listened to more than 2 minutes at a time of his show, lucky for him it's on late.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #3161 on: August 11, 2021, 09:11:29 AM »
Jorch Snoorway, sex fiend.   :o  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL

eNor looks like a Conway Twitty album gatefold. Smarmy.

I would like for Millennial Mike to guest host on a Saturday and for an inebriated Ian Punnet to repeatedly call in and argue with MTM.  Mike keeps hanging up on him, but Ian will not be stopped as he makes his point. Mike eventually resorts to calling Ian a no good ancient poser fuck.

Tommy plucks the younger host off  the air and activates the emergency  Tell Tale Heart module.

The awkward interaction is chalked up to Mike's nervousness and to the fact they kept putting Ian through.

Ian will later claim he has no memory of the event.

"How could I have any memory of the incident?" Ian retorts. "I'm a no good ancient poser fuck."

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3162 on: August 11, 2021, 10:00:34 AM »
I wonder if Premiere might be part of the media conglomerate that is trying to usher in the new world order and America's Marxism.

When you have so many programs on your airwaves that have complete imbeciles hosting the shows, including any conservative programs, one must wonder. Right?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #3163 on: August 11, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
LOL

eNor looks like a Conway Twitty album gatefold. Smarmy.

I would like for Millennial Mike to guest host on a Saturday and for an inebriated Ian Punnet to repeatedly call in and argue with MTM.  Mike keeps hanging up on him, but Ian will not be stopped as he makes his point. Mike eventually resorts to calling Ian a no good ancient poser fuck.

Tommy plucks the younger host off  the air and activates the emergency  Tell Tale Heart module.

The awkward interaction is chalked up to Mike's nervousness and to the fact they kept putting Ian through.

Ian will later claim he has no memory of the event.

"How could I have any memory of the incident?" Ian retorts. "I'm a no good ancient poser fuck."

Now that would be quality entertainment.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3164 on: August 11, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »
I wonder if Premiere might be part of the media conglomerate that is trying to usher in the new world order and America's Marxism.

When you have so many programs on your airwaves that have complete imbeciles hosting the shows, including any conservative programs, one must wonder. Right?
Maybe we should ask one of those ultra reliable MSM fact checkers.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎