Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838708 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #4455 on: December 10, 2021, 06:00:37 AM »
Does anyone remember this?

I do not. @PB

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #4456 on: December 10, 2021, 07:35:46 AM »
With regard to early childhood memory, I don’t think you can pin it down that closely.  I can remember clearly the first time I saw the downtown Christmas lights.  I was 19-months old.  I couldn’t understand why my father couldn’t reach up, pluck one of the red lights and bring it home.  He looked tall enough from my perspective.  I also remember my baby sister coming home from the hospital a few months later.  I remember the Christmas lights better.

Same here. A few months after my second birthday, I distinctly remember my Mom coming home from the hospital after a miscarriage.  I didn't understand why she and my Dad were crying, but I remember how upset she was and my aunt coming to stay with us for a while.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #4457 on: December 10, 2021, 01:24:10 PM »
Lately that same caller keeps calling in and always bringing up the same story about when he was in a coma to every guest.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4458 on: December 11, 2021, 12:42:39 AM »
what a different show when Punnett hosts, tonight's guest was an author with a book on robots/AI, Ian was well prepared as usual so the interview became more of a conversation. Ian challenged the guest, he likes to get in his philosophical moralistic flex which can be annoying/cloying but it sure beats the nightly Noory display of stupidity.

so during open phones a caller got on air and was complaining about what Coast has become under Noory, he referred to the infomercials and how guests are never challenged and said Ian's shows are 'what we want'. Ian told him he was glad he enjoys what he does but informed he wasn't going to be addressing how others hosts do their shows. He did say since he doesn't do Coast that often that he has the luxury of being able to actually read the books of the guest and really dig in to topics and as for the infomercials he said the radio biz is changing and to survive as an industry things are being done that wouldn't have 20 years ago.

no excuse for Noory or the producers -  somebody should be reading the guests books and preparing synopses and talking points/questions for Noory. of course the majority of Noory's guests are woo peddlers so how do you prepare for that nonsense unless you're prepared to be a skeptic and if Coast had a skeptic as host the show would be over. The solution is to get rid of New Age charlatans.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4459 on: December 11, 2021, 02:18:11 AM »
what a different show when Punnett hosts, tonight's guest was an author with a book on robots/AI, Ian was well prepared as usual so the interview became more of a conversation. Ian challenged the guest, he likes to get in his philosophical moralistic flex which can be annoying/cloying but it sure beats the nightly Noory display of stupidity.

so during open phones a caller got on air and was complaining about what Coast has become under Noory, he referred to the infomercials and how guests are never challenged and said Ian's shows are 'what we want'. Ian told him he was glad he enjoys what he does but informed he wasn't going to be addressing how others hosts do their shows. He did say since he doesn't do Coast that often that he has the luxury of being able to actually read the books of the guest and really dig in to topics and as for the infomercials he said the radio biz is changing and to survive as an industry things are being done that wouldn't have 20 years ago.

no excuse for Noory or the producers -  somebody should be reading the guests books and preparing synopses and talking points/questions for Noory. of course the majority of Noory's guests are woo peddlers so how do you prepare for that nonsense unless you're prepared to be a skeptic and if Coast had a skeptic as host the show would be over. The solution is to get rid of New Age charlatans.
Sounds great.  Too bad PremRat’s management is brain dead and Noory is a lazy stooge.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4460 on: December 11, 2021, 04:20:22 AM »
Art said he never read the guests’ books.
Merry Christmas

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #4461 on: December 11, 2021, 07:21:22 AM »
Art said he never read the guests’ books.

And he usually strayed from the guest's supplied questions fairly quickly. That I attribute to Bell being a skilled listener. As I've listened to his old shows over the years, I've gotten to the point I can often tell where he went off script and asked questions for which the guests didn't have prepared answers. I remember one guest who basically told Bell he'd asked a question not on his list.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4462 on: December 11, 2021, 10:08:50 AM »
Wish I listened.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4463 on: December 12, 2021, 10:49:43 PM »
I think I have figured out the submerging artists thing that they've been heavily pushing lately. There is something phrased in the release form, I think they are going to possibly push an indie label/distribution label of some sort, probably a pay-to-play thing, but it would generate some income from the soulless masses who listen to the show.
Eh, nevermind...

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #4464 on: December 13, 2021, 01:19:33 AM »
I think I have figured out the submerging artists thing that they've been heavily pushing lately. There is something phrased in the release form, I think they are going to possibly push an indie label/distribution label of some sort, probably a pay-to-play thing, but it would generate some income from the soulless masses who listen to the show.

A streaming platform maybe?

Suckify?

Ooops. Feeling negative.

I'm afraid I was caught unawares by the death of Anne Rice.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4465 on: December 13, 2021, 04:14:00 AM »
I think the name of the Streaming Service will be known as Rotten Apple.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #4466 on: December 13, 2021, 05:39:45 AM »

they're stupid but not that stupid to think any of the submerging artists are worth the time and effort, i posted here that last time there was a guy with a great voice but then realized it wasn't a submerging artist but was Josh Groban

tho who knows, Noory probably thinks he could be the next Colonel Parker if he can find his 'Elvis'

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4467 on: December 13, 2021, 05:47:47 AM »
A streaming platform maybe?

Suckify?

Ooops. Feeling negative.

I'm afraid I was caught unawares by the death of Anne Rice.
Heh,heh,heh... Maybe Jorch cut a deal with Siriusxm for the Submerging channel.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4468 on: December 13, 2021, 07:49:33 AM »
I had a hearty, but painful, laugh at this morning's posts...

My chest is one big charlie horse.

Maybe tommmmmmeeeeeeee is looking for opening acts for the George shows???
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #4469 on: December 13, 2021, 09:26:31 AM »
I had a hearty, but painful, laugh at this morning's posts...

My chest is one big charlie horse.

Maybe tommmmmmeeeeeeee is looking for opening acts for the George shows???

He will steal this idea and call it Submerging Comedians.  That is, after Norry buries the proof twelve foot under. 

He could have the acts come out and warm up the audience.