Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838505 times)

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #5895 on: May 16, 2022, 06:45:38 AM »
The school (Ariel School) was in Zimbabwe, and it's actually one of the most compelling cases on record.  Who knows what really happened, but I wouldn't be so quick to write it off.  The only part of the documentary I heard with music was the last portion toward the end of it.  I was a bit disappointed in the guest though- a bit dry, and probably at least 30 "you know"s.

Oh well, on to Gunslinger's Gulch.

The first guest sounded stoned.  There were a couple times his mind wandered and resulted in dead air, much to Knapp's chagrin.  There was another time Knapp asked a somewhat detailed question, and the guest simply answered, "yes."  More dead air as Knapp waited for him to elaborate, then Knapp finally asked him to explain.

The best part of the Ariel segment was the next to last caller, a crazed sounding guy who launched into a story about witnessing "T-11 jet fighters" attacking a UFO in New York.  It escaped by stopping time, leaving the jets frozen in midair before they could launch weapons.  Naturally Knapp bought this and asked the guy to remain on the line so the producer could get his contact information. Knapp knows a compelling UFO incident and potential future guest when he hears one.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5896 on: May 16, 2022, 08:51:16 AM »
The guest's constant "you know" was maddening.  Even Knapp was doing it.  I could only get through the first hour.  You know.  ;)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5897 on: May 16, 2022, 09:10:47 AM »
Okay, I moved on to the second guest and it was nothing but "uh" and "umm."  I can't do it.  A few "you knows" sprinkled in too.  Riveting!  ::)

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5898 on: May 16, 2022, 09:47:01 AM »
I read the Wikipedia entry on it. A mystery, not a mystery about flying saucers and aliens, but how the story originated and why.

Similar to the Lonnie Zamora case which is the most intriguing UFO incident ever. That man saw what he told everybody he saw, he was a police officer, wasn't drunk, took a lie detector i believe and passed - he saw some kind of odd vehicle and two individuals outside it, then it lifted off and flew away. I read a long, as in years long, thread on some website/blog where people who had first hand knowledge of the Zamora incident including some of the engineering students at the college nearby who were thought to be responsible for making the craft as some kind of elaborate prank. Impossible to know, people who claimed they knew first hand it was a prank, no way of knowing if they're telling the truth. Same for everybody else involved.

The most likely explanation is Zamora came upon some military/NASA thing he nor anybody else was supposed to see. Some have speculated the craft may have been a very early prototype of the lunar landing module that would be used in the Apollo moon missions.

I've heard of the Zamora case, but am not knowledgeable about it.  I think that's the one that occurred somewhere in New Mexico.

I am by no means a "true believer".  For starters, I've never seen anything I would consider abnormal in the sky.  Not saying I could identify everything with precision, but nothing ever dumbfounded or perplexed me enough to consider it much.  If you think about it, belief is quite a commitment.  However, I'm open to the possibility of high strangeness being witnessed by others.  Can't say spaceman piloted aircraft would be my starting point, but cases like Aerial School, Pascagoula, Devil's Den, and the Travis Walton case give one pause. 

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5899 on: May 16, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »
The first guest sounded stoned.  There were a couple times his mind wandered and resulted in dead air, much to Knapp's chagrin.  There was another time Knapp asked a somewhat detailed question, and the guest simply answered, "yes."  More dead air as Knapp waited for him to elaborate, then Knapp finally asked him to explain.

The best part of the Ariel segment was the next to last caller, a crazed sounding guy who launched into a story about witnessing "T-11 jet fighters" attacking a UFO in New York.  It escaped by stopping time, leaving the jets frozen in midair before they could launch weapons.  Naturally Knapp bought this and asked the guy to remain on the line so the producer could get his contact information. Knapp knows a compelling UFO incident and potential future guest when he hears one.

That was quite a tale.  I try to be open minded, but if your BS detector isn't activated after listening to that you might need a new one.  What makes it even more dubious is the voluntary 1.5 seconds detail when talking about how long it took for the craft to disappear over the horizon.  Plus the fact he somehow knew it was 100 miles.

Do you have any thoughts on the Ariel School case?

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5900 on: May 16, 2022, 10:13:31 AM »
Okay, I moved on to the second guest and it was nothing but "uh" and "umm."  I can't do it.  A few "you knows" sprinkled in too.  Riveting!  ::)

There's definitely something to be said for articulation.  One might have an incredible story to tell, but actually telling it seems a struggle to many guests.  And some guests could probably tell a good story fairly well, but struggle in a conversation format.  When you have on two guests practically every show, you're guaranteed to find those guests more frequently.

I have absolutely no interest in higher consciousness or astrology or the like, but it seems to me those guests tend to be more natural conversationalists.  We need the Numbers Lady to start hunting Bigfoot.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5901 on: May 16, 2022, 10:25:37 AM »
... We need the Numbers Lady to start hunting Bigfoot.
I’d rather have Bigfoot hunting the Numbers Lady.  ;)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #5902 on: May 16, 2022, 10:44:59 AM »
In the Art Bell Vault this keeps popping up. Amazed Snoorage hasn’t adopted this theme. It’s screams Georgieboy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5903 on: May 16, 2022, 10:53:14 AM »
That was quite a tale.  I try to be open minded, but if your BS detector isn't activated after listening to that you might need a new one.  What makes it even more dubious is the voluntary 1.5 seconds detail when talking about how long it took for the craft to disappear over the horizon.  Plus the fact he somehow knew it was 100 miles.

Do you have any thoughts on the Ariel School case?

Not really, other than it's one of a number of cases involving UFOs witnessed by (mostly) children at schools.  There were similar cases in Wales, Australia, Florida, and others I can't recall off hand.  I remember several years ago thinking there were enough such incidents to write a book, and actually thought about doing it until a family medical crisis kept me occupied for a few years.  Then not long ago I found there is now such a book, unfortunately written by Preston Dennett, one of the dimmer bulbs in the UFO book business. 

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5904 on: May 16, 2022, 10:53:53 AM »

I'd pay to watch that.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5905 on: May 16, 2022, 11:33:23 AM »
In the Art Bell Vault this keeps popping up. Amazed Snoorage hasn’t adopted this theme. It’s screams Georgieboy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Is that one still in heavy rotation? REALLY?  Back when I was first a subscriber in 2011 that one was always popping up. And then again in 2020 - still there and ever-present. As if they think the title of the show is really cutting edge. Or groovy!  ::)

If you want a good open lines show, the Clinically Dead open lines is one of the best.
 https://anchor.fm/artbelltapevault/episodes/Open-Lines-Clinically-Dead---Coast-to-Coast-AM-12-21-01-e1d7mv9

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5906 on: May 16, 2022, 12:26:55 PM »

If you want a good open lines show, the Clinically Dead open lines is one of the best.
 https://anchor.fm/artbelltapevault/episodes/Open-Lines-Clinically-Dead---Coast-to-Coast-AM-12-21-01-e1d7mv9

The best open lines topic I ever heard Bell do was "Dates from Hell" (or something similar).   One dizzy sounding gal called in and started telling him about this guy she went out and to bed with, apparently he was both well endowed and extremely flexible. She sort of rambled, Bell peppering her with questions and milking the story for all it was worth. It was obvious where she was going with the story, and Bell let her get right up to the point of saying the guy sucked his own dick before he cut her off and casually went to his next call. I damn near wet myself laughing.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5907 on: May 16, 2022, 01:53:36 PM »
One of his great gifts was knowing how to milk a guest or caller. sNoory not so much.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5908 on: May 16, 2022, 02:06:41 PM »
The best open lines topic I ever heard Bell do was "Dates from Hell" (or something similar).   One dizzy sounding gal called in and started telling him about this guy she went out and to bed with, apparently he was both well endowed and extremely flexible. She sort of rambled, Bell peppering her with questions and milking the story for all it was worth. It was obvious where she was going with the story, and Bell let her get right up to the point of saying the guy sucked his own dick before he cut her off and casually went to his next call. I damn near wet myself laughing.
Oh shit, LOL yeah I remember that call.  Another one from that show was a call from a guy who was on line in an NYC bank with a cigar in his mouth as the woman behind him (a beautiful tall woman in a long coat) sort of physically assaulted him for smoking inside. She even followed him out of the bank minutes later. If memory serves - somehow they wound up going for dinner or lunch and she got crazier from there.  She would have been a 70's Karen.

One of his great gifts was knowing how to milk a guest or caller. sNoory not so much.
Yup. He writes about getting as much mileage from "entertaining" guests or callers in, The Art Of Talk.  Read that book six times. #nerd

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5909 on: May 16, 2022, 08:39:51 PM »

Heh heh.  Chuckles would be jealous.