Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838704 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #5925 on: May 17, 2022, 08:24:41 PM »
can't wait until the Everett show gets cancelled and Noory makes up some bullshit excuse for the cancellation other than poor ticket sales because his show sucks so bad that even his fans in Everett won't piss away their money any longer on his garbage presentation.

Maybe he can be like Ophra and give away cars to everyone in the audience.  Or at least a jar of baby formula.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #5926 on: May 17, 2022, 09:58:18 PM »
I would love to see a documentary on Coast to Coast in its present form. behind the scenes access. It would be fascinating to see all the work that goes into the show. Noory scouring the news wires for breaking news stories,  Noory researching the topics and guests for the night's show, filling up yellow legals pads weekly with copious notes, in constant contact with his producer Tom Danheiser, tension builds as they argue about different lines of questioning Noory might challenge the guest with. Danheiser fills Noory in on potential guest bookings to which Noory gives great thought knowing the guests make the show. He will often tell Danheiser a prospective guest isn't up to Coast's nor his standards. Danheiser is used to Noory's attention to detail and driven nature. The stress shows on Danheiser who admits he eats to deal with stress and Noory's perfectionism has taken a toll on his once finely tuned body.

15 minutes to show time, Noory is nervous, as is his personality he can't get past the feeling that he hasn't prepared enough, in only there were more than 24 hours a day - he cares dearly about the show Coast's creator radio legend Art Bell built passed down to him and its audience . Noory paces, then goes into a 10 minute meditation to focus and relieve stress. It is 2 minutes to air, Noory descends the stairs to the basement of his suburban St. Louis home and enters his state of the art home studio, Coast's stirring and familiar theme music fills the air, Noory takes the pilot's seat behind the microphone and we are on the air.

lol what a fantasy that is

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #5927 on: May 17, 2022, 10:52:05 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5928 on: May 18, 2022, 02:52:59 AM »
Doc Wallet says to drink only a quart of water a day.  I wonder what it would be if he sold water.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5929 on: May 18, 2022, 04:20:33 AM »
Doc Wallet says to drink only a quart of water a day.  I wonder what it would be if he sold water.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #5930 on: May 18, 2022, 04:50:58 AM »
can't wait until the Everett show gets cancelled and Noory makes up some bullshit excuse for the cancellation other than poor ticket sales because his show sucks so bad that even his fans in Everett won't piss away their money any longer on his garbage presentation.

It's the economy, folks, its' the economy.  The price of canned cat food has soared through the roof and those on a fixed income have gotten their wealth inflated away.  There is no extra money for "entertainment."

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5931 on: May 18, 2022, 05:28:52 AM »
It's the economy, folks, its' the economy.  The price of canned cat food has soared through the roof and those on a fixed income have gotten their wealth inflated away.  There is no extra money for "entertainment."
We all know that it’s this guy’s fault.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #5932 on: May 18, 2022, 08:10:00 AM »
Branson.....what the hip world would be doing on Friday nights if the South had won the Civil War.

I am way younger than their target demographic buy I loved Branson when I went for week. Lots to do and Silver Dollar city is great too.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #5933 on: May 18, 2022, 01:16:47 PM »
Noory is cutting out early earlier in the week now instead of just on Friday nights.
Last night he stopped his interview early in the last half hour to replay for the umpteenth time his old reading of Edgar Allen Poe's The Telltale Heart! :o

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5934 on: May 18, 2022, 01:59:58 PM »
Noory is cutting out early earlier in the week now instead of just on Friday nights.
Last night he stopped his interview early in the last half hour to replay for the umpteenth time his old reading of Edgar Allen Poe's The Telltale Heart! :o

So he has 30 extra minutes for super intensive show prep today.  We should expect a real clashic tonight.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #5935 on: May 19, 2022, 01:28:38 AM »

The first guest asked Noory how many people were listening to the interview. Noory told him 3.5 million people. He's so full of shit, Coast has ~500 stations, the majority of them in small podunk cities and towns. Arbitron doesn't even take ratings from midnight to 6 AM. I'd love to know how many people listen to Coast in its bigger markets like NYC and LA.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5936 on: May 19, 2022, 03:09:56 AM »
Here’s what the current Wiki states, for what it’s worth.

“At its peak, Coast to Coast AM under Bell was syndicated by Premiere Radio Network, and aired on more than 500 radio stations and boasted a weekly listening audience in excess of 10 million listeners.  Since 2013 the weekly listener numbers have declined to 2.5 million.  According to estimates by Talkers Magazine, Coast to Coast AM has a cumulative weekly audience of around 2.75 million unique listeners listening for at least five minutes, making it the most listened-to program in its time slot...”

I wouldn’t be surprised if it currently averages around a million or so, primarily because there’s not much else on AM in that time slot, although listening to a Tejano broadcast might be a better choice. ;)

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5937 on: May 19, 2022, 08:50:51 AM »
Red Eye Radio loses me because of their parroting weak-assed Buck and Clay and their playing back of prerecorded segments numerous times through the week. They're not a show for regular listeners.

Like the hole Rush left, Art's void is momentous industry wide.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5938 on: May 19, 2022, 09:34:18 AM »
Red Eye Radio loses me because of their parroting weak-assed Buck and Clay and their playing back of prerecorded segments numerous times through the week. They're not a show for regular listeners.

Like the hole Rush left, Art's void is momentous industry wide.
To this day, no one comes close to either Rush or Art.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5939 on: May 19, 2022, 09:36:02 AM »
To this day, no one comes close to either Rush or Art.

Or Noory, at the other end of the spectrum