Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838505 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #5985 on: May 21, 2022, 02:13:03 PM »
I suspect for one Premier looks at it as good enough.  It provides programming for their stations and earns enough to provide some profit.  I suspect their research also shows there’s little audience for overnight radio anymore.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5986 on: May 21, 2022, 03:35:59 PM »
I suspect for one Premier looks at it as good enough.  It provides programming for their stations and earns enough to provide some profit.  I suspect their research also shows there’s little audience for overnight radio anymore.
Heh, “Premier looks at it as good enough.” Pretty much what I suspect. So much for any charade of trying for excellence. PremRad’s company mission statement, “To be good enough.”  :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5987 on: May 21, 2022, 03:50:13 PM »
Heh, “Premier looks at it as good enough.” Pretty much what I suspect. So much for any charade of trying for excellence. PremRad’s company mission statement, “To be good enough.”  :D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Better is the enemy of good enough."--Some Soviet admiral

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #5988 on: May 21, 2022, 03:50:54 PM »
Was there ever a more perfect role for an actor?
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5989 on: May 21, 2022, 04:37:17 PM »
Was there ever a more perfect role for an actor?
He was a chameleon.  There was a time he was gold... 

His politics doesn't help his legacy.

I don't remember the girl's name (Nina...  Bethancourt?)  but a model told me how he picked her up and, even though she wasn't a prostitute, he wanted to treat her like one.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5990 on: May 23, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »
Tommy's new book drops next week:  The Coast Guide to Candies, Baked Goods, and Soft Drinks.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #5991 on: May 24, 2022, 08:32:18 AM »
The first guest last night was a hoot.  I knew she was going to be something special when George told us she gained her channeling and intuitive abilities as a result of retuning her aura by her use of crystals.  Even more entertaining was the number of times she told George he and other researchers/authors were wrong about Atlantis and other related topics.

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #5992 on: May 24, 2022, 09:17:42 AM »
Honest to God, is there really that much demand for the constant intuition/higher consciousness/astrology/angels/other woo horseshit?  I suppose there are opportunities to have interesting discussions on any given topic, but they don't come from the cookie-cutter peace, love, and light brigade parading on Coast weekly.

I'd be somewhat interested in a show which deals with an historical analysis of angel accounts as told in the Bible and other sources.  Particularly interesting is the account of witnesses being terrified by the sight of them- quite contrary to the image put forth by crystal wielding charlatans.  I don't believe that is the prevailing experience of those who witness them, however.  And yes, I do believe in them.

As for astrology, I suppose a fairly thorough discussion of its origins and evolution could be somewhat interesting- in addition to how it played a part in crucial historical events.  I mean that in terms of how it influenced important decisions by world leaders and others, as I don't subscribe to the merits of the field itself.

Of course, all the above requires the interest and dedication needed to find guests who aren't taking advantage of dupes via book sales and 1-900 numbers.  It also would require a full show being dedicated to the topic.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #5993 on: May 25, 2022, 01:12:57 AM »
Honest to God, is there really that much demand for the constant intuition/higher consciousness/astrology/angels/other woo horseshit?

There is no demand for it. I guarantee you Premiere hasn't invested a nickel into research on what Coast's declining audience wants. Because it doesn't matter to them, Arbitron doesn't even measure radio from 12 midnight to 6 AM. Noory nor anybody else connected to the show has any pride in what they're doing, just a nice paycheck with zero pressure because there are no ratings.

The audience is old, most don't even know what a podcast is. All they need is a human voice in the middle of the night. I have always listened to overnight talk radio, there are incredible podcasts but I for whatever reason like to listen to live voices in the stillness of the night. Noory makes it impossible on most nights. If Noory dropped dead I wonder who they'd select to take over. It would be quite the pay raise for any of Knapp, Punnett and Syrett.

Listening to Red Eye Radio right now, the hosts are slightly more intelligent and informed than Noory but damn they suck.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5994 on: May 25, 2022, 02:10:06 AM »
...Noory makes it impossible on most nights. If Noory dropped dead I wonder who they'd select to take over. It would be quite the pay raise for any of Knapp, Punnett and Syrett...
Don’t forget Chuckles Willis.  Considering PremRad’s past, I wouldn’t be surprised if they selected someone even worse than Noory.  Someone like Chuckles would no doubt work for even less than Knapp, Punnett, or Syrett, making them an ideal candidate for the PremRad suits.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #5995 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:39 AM »
Don’t forget Chuckles Willis.  Considering PremRad’s past, I wouldn’t be surprised if they selected someone even worse than Noory.  Someone like Chuckles would no doubt work for even less than Knapp, Punnett, or Syrett, making them an ideal candidate for the PremRad suits.

Do they have Dunkin Donuts in LA?  She’d move there and be a frequent shopper at all of the dispensarys.
Are we having fun yet?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #5996 on: May 25, 2022, 08:21:05 AM »
Do they have Dunkin Donuts in LA?  She’d move there and be a frequent shopper at all of the dispensarys.
It looks like Krispy Kreme is in LA.  We know she’s a fan of those, from her thrilling past live doughnut drive-thru report.  Maybe PremRad can sign her on with a box of Krispy Kreme’s, to replace Jorch.  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #5997 on: May 25, 2022, 02:36:28 PM »
I would believe after years of hearing these tales a person would have some problem addressing the real world.  Fantasy becomes reality.  There is no difference between daylight and dark.  Yes, this may be a problem.

An example is a leader hears yes, yes, yes from all of their staff and is never wrong.  In fact that person is making bad decisions that is affecting the immediate environment and even the world.  I could be someone digging a ditch up to and including the President.  These are just words for thought.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5998 on: May 26, 2022, 12:36:52 AM »
I started listening while in the shower because I didn't have my Bluetooth speaker with me. The woman is talking about dealing with old people who are psychopaths, sociopaths schizo paths, etc. She's actually decent and this really does apply to Falkie.

Apparently, old school medical professionals thought that people would outgrow some of the antisocial behaviors. It is becoming clearer and clearer that it is not true...

Timely due to the Depp-Heard trial.

www.LoveFraud.com

sNoory pronounced "narcissist" "naw sissist."
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5999 on: May 27, 2022, 12:30:50 AM »
I think they could easily get someone more competent than George for a substantially lower salary.  The key is to find a local radio or podcast talent who's good enough now to take over and grow into a nationally syndicated program.  Local radio hosts average less than $50K/year, and I doubt most podcasters make that much.  You could pay a replacement a third of what George makes (reportedly $1M/year) to start out and it would be more money than he/she has ever seen.
Where did you hear $1M/year?  I've never seen any word of more than $500K, around 2018.  I doubt it's doubled!  But, let me know if you find where you saw that because I'm very curious.