Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838189 times)

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6585 on: July 14, 2022, 05:27:52 PM »

I do remember Andy Williams Christmas Specials but I have no memory of ever seeing Perry Como on anything, never saw him on the Tonight Show, never saw him on the Love Boat, maybe he retired or got sick before I became culturally aware in the early 70s.

Tommy plays a song called 'Magic Moments' for a bumper, I had to go to YouTube to see if it was a real song and not a parody like SCTV's Five Neat Guys record commercials.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #6586 on: July 14, 2022, 10:47:22 PM »
I do remember Andy Williams Christmas Specials but I have no memory of ever seeing Perry Como on anything, never saw him on the Tonight Show, never saw him on the Love Boat, maybe he retired or got sick before I became culturally aware in the early 70s.
Yeah, Perry was most active on TV in the late 50s and early 60s.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6587 on: July 14, 2022, 10:53:07 PM »

Noory told his guest, one of his prophecy kooks, that he's entering his 20th year as Coast's host in 2003. The mind is pudding, Biden level almost.

the prophecy kooks don't offend me like most other Coast frauds.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6588 on: July 14, 2022, 10:59:25 PM »

The guest was describing the Millennial generation as a mess, George told him 'We have a millennial who calls in to the show, he might call in during this interview later, if they were all like him we'd be in good shape.'

yes, Mike the Millennial is certainly somebody to aspire to be, 26 years old, living at home, no employable skills, asocial, will never produce offspring, will be completely dependent on others to support him when he is older

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6589 on: July 14, 2022, 11:44:44 PM »
Technically Andy's ex-wife at the time, she was a babe.  The running joke then was she was the only person ever to go to jail for killing a Spider.
Didn't Claudine Longet (sp?) advertise watches?  Or was that the dead boyfriend who did???

(I'm not googling.)
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6590 on: July 15, 2022, 12:49:25 AM »
lol absurd show is absurd

a 72 year old man who claims he was a TV news producer in major markets asks in serious journalistic tone like he's Mike Wallace

'Can Dog Man run as fast as a car Ken?'

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6591 on: July 15, 2022, 01:06:34 AM »
lol absurd show is absurd

a 72 year old man who claims he was a TV news producer in major markets asks in serious journalistic tone like he's Mike Wallace

'Can Dog Man run as fast as a car Ken?'

Noory follow up:  ''Doo yuh 'member John Smith dooin' the TV news in Detroit years ago?  Great Guy.''

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6592 on: July 15, 2022, 01:35:52 AM »
Noory follow up:  ''Doo yuh 'member John Smith dooin' the TV news in Detroit years ago?  Great Guy.''

More and more his interviews are filled with awkward pauses where he's got nothing to say or ask, number 1 because he's dumb as shit and number 2 because he hasn't listened to the guest's last answer so he stumbles and resorts to the child like questions like 'Ken how did you get interested in this stuff?' 'Ken things pretty good with yeeew?' 'Have you ever been to Arizona?' 'What's your favorite thing about what you do?' 'How many books have you written?' Complete non-sequiturs.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6593 on: July 15, 2022, 01:43:23 AM »
George should do a weekly segment where he goes into the hospital and asks people to talk about their accidents, illnesses, and operations.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6594 on: July 15, 2022, 03:25:17 AM »
George should do a weekly segment where he goes into the hospital and asks people to talk about their accidents, illnesses, and operations.
He could take Doc Wallet with him and no doubt perform miracles.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6595 on: July 15, 2022, 08:16:37 AM »

Yes, that could be the next gyration of Coast.  The next step after that would be a Falkie/Norry podcast.  Note, I put the most influential name first.  The men from "The Pit (Pittsburgh) and The Lou (St. Louis), or affectionally know as The Pit and Lou Podcast.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #6596 on: July 15, 2022, 08:21:11 AM »

“Did it hurt when your leg was severed off by that combine? He’s right!”

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6597 on: July 15, 2022, 09:41:56 AM »
“Did it hurt when your leg was severed off by that combine? He’s right!”

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“Can I call yeeewww peg leg?  If yeeewww put on an eye patch and get a parrot, yeeewww can be a pirate!”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #6598 on: July 15, 2022, 03:19:44 PM »
The guest was describing the Millennial generation as a mess, George told him 'We have a millennial who calls in to the show, he might call in during this interview later, if they were all like him we'd be in good shape.'

yes, Mike the Millennial is certainly somebody to aspire to be, 26 years old, living at home, no employable skills, asocial, will never produce offspring, will be completely dependent on others to support him when he is older
I looked up what is a millennial and it says anyone born between  1981 and 1996 (that is 26 -41) and Noory can pin point ONE caller that can represent the entire demographic spanning 15 years including everyone in their 30s and he's a national radio host.  :o Does he have any idea how bad that makes him sound lol

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6599 on: July 15, 2022, 08:52:49 PM »
I looked up what is a millennial and it says anyone born between  1981 and 1996 (that is 26 -41) and Noory can pin point ONE caller that can represent the entire demographic spanning 15 years including everyone in their 30s and he's a national radio host.  :o Does he have any idea how bad that makes him sound lol

What is odd is there are other callers who could be, and probably are, in that age group but don't advertise it.  MTM called years ago just under "Mike from Colorado (Denver)."  Then later he was anointed "Mike the Millennial."  I remember listening to an archived show while Ian Punnett was hosting.  5 years ago.  Maybe a little more.  The sound of MTM's voice is unmistakable.  No doubt it was him.

I'm wondering if Noory or Tommie reached out and told him to uses that label thus making him a regular of the Sad Pack.