Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838541 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6660 on: July 20, 2022, 01:01:43 PM »
It's not allowed, that's why I'm finally making complaints. Besides turning Coast into execrable crap he's a predator preying on a gullible aging trusting audience to make a buck for himself, the snake oil peddling advertisers and Premiere.

I'm taking my time with the FTC report because that's the agency most appropriate when dealing with frauds/scams. The FCC website suggests making complaints to the FTC, FDA etc because there is overlap between the agencies when it comes to this shit. I want to be specific enough that hopefully somebody reads it is intrigued enough to do some poking around - it's a long shot, they get so many complaints and only have so much manpower.
If anything would turn Ms. Julie on Dave, it would be “Feds come-a-knocking.”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6661 on: July 20, 2022, 01:05:40 PM »
I applaud your efforts.  One suggestion I would make is to find what committees/subcommittees your local Congressional reps and Senators are members of, you might get lucky and find they are on committees that control the
budget and/or otherwise affect/influence the federal agencies in play here.  If so, contact them and ask they look into your concerns. Nothing shakes up a federal agency like a letter or phone call from a congressional aide or staffer. I've been on the "incoming" end of such congressional queries, and it always resulted in me being told answering them was my #1 priority.
Good point.  I can see the Drudge headline now.  “Fed Inquiry Into Top Late Night Show.”

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6662 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:47 PM »
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6663 on: July 20, 2022, 08:10:48 PM »
This is when the FDA got on the “Get The Tea” guy.

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/get-tea-538965-03222018

how the hell are they still in business? that letter from the FDA basically said everything that company is doing and claiming is illegal. all the snake oil advertisers on Coast do the same shit. they don't even develop or manufacture the products, 3rd party manufacturers private label the useless garbage for them.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6664 on: July 20, 2022, 08:50:31 PM »

how the hell are they still in business? that letter from the FDA basically said everything that company is doing and claiming is illegal. all the snake oil advertisers on Coast do the same shit. they don't even develop or manufacture the products, 3rd party manufacturers private label the useless garbage for them.

The stuff these guys are hocking are classified as food products, not medicines, so they aren't regulated by the strict standards governing the sale of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.  If the FDA finds that these supplements cause harm then they can crack down.  They can levy fines and take steps to remove the product.  Ultimately the Federal Trade Commission can shut down the company making the products for false claims.  But when has that happened?  I can't recall.

So that being said, I suspect if any action is taken the company just pays a fine.  Then if there are more complaints...rinse and repeat.  I guess it would take somebody dropping dead from taking Doc Wallet's supplements before anything is done to shut him down.

What burns my ass is we have a Veterinarian dictating what people should do to improve their health and cure ailments.   I wonder if he ever told the person who brought their German Shepperd in for treatment that the dog should eat a dozen eggs each day.

I'm waiting for a C2C guest to come on and endorse the benefits of a high colonic.  I can hear it now... Go to their website and type in GEORGE to get a 10% discount on your enema pack.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6665 on: July 20, 2022, 09:33:57 PM »
The stuff these guys are hocking are classified as food products, not medicines, so they aren't regulated by the strict standards governing the sale of prescription and over-the-counter drugs.

The claims on your product labels and website establish that the products are drugs under section 201(g)(1)(B) and/or (g)(1)(C) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 321(g)(1)(B) and/or (g)(1)(C)] because they are intended for use in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, and/or to affect the structure or any function of the body. As explained further below, introducing or delivering these products for introduction into interstate commerce for such uses violates the Act.

The FDA told them their products aren't food products but are drugs and therefore subject to the stringent FDA approval process a drug must go through to prove its' efficacy and safety.

But you're right, very few companies or individuals pay the price, it's a never ending game of WHACK-A-MOLE for FDA/FTC -  there are big fines sometimes but these people are making gobs of money and the fines are just a cost of doing business. Even when the government shuts a company down they just reappear under a new name and with new 'front men' who have no black marks against them with government agencies.  The FTC does bring lawsuits against big time scam artists and people do go to jail but this is a huge country, the odds of getting caught AND ending up in jail are very much in the crooks' favor.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6666 on: July 20, 2022, 09:44:48 PM »
The stuff these guys are hocking are classified as food products, not medicines...  They can levy fines and take steps to remove the product.  Ultimately the Federal Trade Commission can shut down the company making the products for false claims...

So that being said, I suspect if any action is taken the company just pays a fine...

If they're clever, and not cheap, they'll have it all nailed down by attorneys that know just exactly how to walk right up to the line without going over, just what to say and not say in their advertising and on the radio.  Or at least know where the FDA draws the line.

George is a sleaze.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6667 on: July 20, 2022, 09:47:25 PM »
The FDA told them their products aren't food products but are drugs and therefore subject to the stringent FDA approval process a drug must go through to prove its' efficacy and safety.

But you're right, very few companies or individuals pay the price, it's a never ending game of WHACK-A-MOLE for FDA/FTC -  there are big fines sometimes but these people are making gobs of money and the fines are just a cost of doing business. Even when the government shuts a company down they just reappear under a new name and with new 'front men' who have no black marks against them with government agencies.  The FTC does bring lawsuits against big time scam artists and people do go to jail but this is a huge country, the odds of getting caught AND ending up in jail are very much in the crooks' favor.

I wonder what changes were made to meet the standard.  The "get the tea" guy is constantly on Richard Syrett's show whether it be as a guest or a commercial.  So that FDA warning from 4 years ago didn't do much.  I guess he just changed the labels.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6668 on: July 20, 2022, 09:49:56 PM »
If they're clever, and not cheap, they'll have it all nailed down by attorneys that know just exactly how to walk right up to the line without going over, just what to say and not say in their advertising and on the radio.  Or at least know where the FDA draws the line.

George is a sleaze.

So true.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6669 on: July 20, 2022, 10:05:19 PM »
I wonder what changes were made to meet the standard.  The "get the tea" guy is constantly on Richard Syrett's show whether it be as a guest or a commercial.  So that FDA warning from 4 years ago didn't do much.  I guess he just changed the labels.

yeah, it's a big business, there surely are law firms who specialize in the nutritional snake oil industry and they probably charged the GetTheTea guy $200,000 to get compliant enough to get the FDA off his back. Though I looked at their current website and they still seem to be making health claims about specific diseases/conditions.

I hate all that shit but my beef is with Noory and Premiere raking in money without disclosure. Doc Wallach's 3 hour weekly appearance peddling snake oil is absolutely an infomercial for which Noory and Premiere are compensated. This isn't like booking people like The Numbers Lady on the show and letting her plug her website and services, that's an accepted practice in radio, what Noory is doing is no different than the payola scandal in radio back in the 50s. Noory is stupid enough to have his ugly mug on CriticalHealthNews.com's front page.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6670 on: July 21, 2022, 01:44:14 AM »

More lies, not surprising that Noory has a background in the corporate news media.

TWO MONTHS ago Noory and his co-conspirator Tommy told the listeners that there were only 3 tickets left for the big show in Everett, Washington in September. Tonight the two stooges reported that ticket sales have been great recently but there are plenty of tickets left. 

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6671 on: July 21, 2022, 04:26:16 AM »
i've had it with these scammers. I just filled out a complaint form on the FCC's website

Nice Cronkite. You never know. A number of years ago Jeff Rense had a sponsor called Lase Med Inc which was run by Dr. Antonella Carpenter whom looked like a villan out of a Mel Brooks movie. Her shtick was shooting a laser into breasts and balls to cure breast and testicular cancer - not skin cancer mind you but deep in the tissue cancer. She had some photos posted on her website and they were pretty grisly. The rub was that her treatment could not be combined with any traditional treatment as doing so would ensure death. So of course as patients conditions worsened, they would eventually opt for chemo or radiation and die. When loved ones would complain, Carpenter would attack them on her blog - posting pictures of them with lying Pinnochio noses, etc. It was pretty wild stuff. The feds finally got that mess cleaned up but it took time.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6672 on: July 21, 2022, 05:32:33 AM »
yeah, it's a big business, there surely are law firms who specialize in the nutritional snake oil industry and they probably charged the GetTheTea guy $200,000 to get compliant enough to get the FDA off his back. Though I looked at their current website and they still seem to be making health claims about specific diseases/conditions.

I hate all that shit but my beef is with Noory and Premiere raking in money without disclosure. Doc Wallach's 3 hour weekly appearance peddling snake oil is absolutely an infomercial for which Noory and Premiere are compensated. This isn't like booking people like The Numbers Lady on the show and letting her plug her website and services, that's an accepted practice in radio, what Noory is doing is no different than the payola scandal in radio back in the 50s. Noory is stupid enough to have his ugly mug on CriticalHealthNews.com's front page.
Yep.  If you go here https://criticalhealthnews.com/youngevity-store , you’ll see this, lower down. ;)

“What Do I Take?
George Noory Recommends
Somebody Needs to Go To Jail”

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

This is at the very bottom.

“*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.“

You’d think C2C should be announcing this, too.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6673 on: July 21, 2022, 06:42:02 AM »
Nice Cronkite. You never know. A number of years ago Jeff Rense had a sponsor called Lase Med Inc which was run by Dr. Antonella Carpenter whom looked like a villan out of a Mel Brooks movie. Her shtick was shooting a laser into breasts and balls to cure breast and testicular cancer - not skin cancer mind you but deep in the tissue cancer. She had some photos posted on her website and they were pretty grisly. The rub was that her treatment could not be combined with any traditional treatment as doing so would ensure death. So of course as patients conditions worsened, they would eventually opt for chemo or radiation and die. When loved ones would complain, Carpenter would attack them on her blog - posting pictures of them with lying Pinnochio noses, etc. It was pretty wild stuff. The feds finally got that mess cleaned up but it took time.

damn, did she do jail time? the families should have sued her in civil court.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6674 on: July 21, 2022, 06:46:19 AM »
Yep.  If you go here https://criticalhealthnews.com/youngevity-store , you’ll see this, lower down. ;)

“What Do I Take?
George Noory Recommends
Somebody Needs to Go To Jail”

This is at the very bottom.

“*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.“

You’d think C2C should be announcing this, too.

If the FDA or FCC ever does anything about this I need to remote view that meeting where Premiere's lawyers bring in Noory, Lyons and Danheiser - Noory is weak, he will fold fast and throw Lyons and Danheiser under the bus to try to save his ass.