Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838496 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #6795 on: August 06, 2022, 08:06:11 AM »
What self-respecting alien would rape this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A really sick one?
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6796 on: August 06, 2022, 02:21:14 PM »
Haha a caller asked Noory to tell his best memory of him with Art Bell.
Art never interacted with Noory except at an award event for Art.
Noory only recalled Art telling him when he took over c2c to not copy him and don't use his bumper music.
Noory didn’t follow Art's requests except he did change the show format to ruin it with two guests per show and infomercial shows and lots more ads.

Didn't Bell sell the rights to C2C to Premier?  Once he sold the rights he had no claim to how it was broadcast.  It's like the guy you bought your house from complaining about the color you painted it.  And the bumper music was no more his than it was/is any other broadcaster who pays for an ASCAP license to use it. Typically narcissistic Bell, brilliant broadcaster but not a good person.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6797 on: August 06, 2022, 02:25:34 PM »
Didn't Bell sell the rights to C2C to Premier?  Once he sold the rights he had no claim to how it was broadcast.  It's like the guy you bought your house from complaining about the color you painted it.  And the bumper music was no more his than it was/is any other broadcaster who pays for an ASCAP license to use it. Typically narcissistic Bell, brilliant broadcaster but not a good person.
The advice was free, George got his money's worth and then some...
😁

Did he not gave the same advice to his legacy heir, Heather?

Art did not have an eye for talent...
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6798 on: August 06, 2022, 02:34:55 PM »
The advice was free, George got his money's worth and then some...
😁

Did he not gave the same advice to his legacy heir, Heather?

Art did not have an eye for talent...

The only advice he gave her probably had little to do with broadcasting.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6799 on: August 06, 2022, 02:36:32 PM »
The only advice he gave her probably had little to do with broadcasting.

While she thought her spirit animal was a horse, he told her it was more like a jackass...
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6800 on: August 06, 2022, 02:43:05 PM »
I think Art couldn’t turn down the money and then hung around working for PremRat, mistakenly thinking they’d follow his wishes for the show, since he and Ramona made it what it was.  Then, they didn’t cater to his situation with his son, which I won’t waste time going into. He should have known better than to expect what he did from such a corporate entity. Too much ego, poor judgment and expectations, and eccentricity. A hell of a good broadcaster in his day, though.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6801 on: August 06, 2022, 02:49:05 PM »
I think Art couldn’t turn down the money and then hung around working for PremRat, mistakenly thinking they’d follow his wishes for the show, since he and Ramona made it what it was.  Then, they didn’t cater to his situation with his son, which I won’t waste time going into. He should have known better than to expect what he did from such a corporate entity. Too much ego, poor judgment and expectations, and eccentricity. A hell of a good broadcaster in his day, though.

Yeah, kinda like he thought SXM would let him live stream DM for free. 

Credit where credit is due, however.  Other than John Batchelor, he was the best radio interviewer I ever heard. What made him a great interviewer was he was a great listener.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6802 on: August 06, 2022, 03:16:43 PM »

Credit where credit is due, however.  Other than John Batchelor, he was the best radio interviewer I ever heard. What made him a great interviewer was he was a great listener.
Yes, indeed. I still enjoy listening to some of his old shows. Great voice, great interviewer, great at setting the right atmosphere for listening to a broadcast at night. He and Limbaugh were two masters of their craft. I don’t know of anyone who currently compares, at least for me.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6803 on: August 06, 2022, 04:44:40 PM »
And curious about everything.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6804 on: August 06, 2022, 05:10:22 PM »
And curious about everything.
Just the exact opposite of non-curious George.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What a dullard.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6805 on: August 06, 2022, 06:25:45 PM »

I've listened to him within the last few years.  Out of New York, I think. (Not Googling it.)
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #6806 on: August 06, 2022, 09:22:31 PM »
I've listened to him within the last few years.  Out of New York, I think. (Not Googling it.)

Yes, WABC out of New York.  The best hour of radio I ever heard was Batchelor interviewing Bell, I think it was the night before his first MitD show. I've tried to find that interview on line, but haven't found it yet.  Maybe somebody here can point us to it.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #6807 on: August 06, 2022, 09:40:12 PM »

Noory's curiosity is limited to molested and murdered 'little babies' and 'little kids' and mediocre restaurants.

Rainman

• KMST
« Reply #6808 on: August 06, 2022, 09:40:15 PM »
Yes, WABC out of New York.  The best hour of radio I ever heard was Batchelor interviewing Bell, I think it was the night before his first MitD show. I've tried to find that interview on line, but haven't found it yet.  Maybe somebody here can point us to it.

👉 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2yn1hw

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6809 on: August 06, 2022, 10:07:47 PM »
Noory's curiosity is limited to molested and murdered 'little babies' and 'little kids' and mediocre restaurants.

George's interests go beyond that - there's also injured and dead animals.