Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838503 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #7275 on: September 29, 2022, 03:08:26 PM »
The old gal who called George to ask space guy to explain how the ISS, satellites, rockets, et al. had destroyed Earth was a hoot. Space guy was flummoxed, was equally amusing as he struggled to comprehend what she asking.

They are in our atmosphere in outer space!

Those are killer satellites, I dem dares tell ya!

She was recently released from a psychiatric hospital.  sNoory's largest growing demographic.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7276 on: September 29, 2022, 03:18:02 PM »
Hard to believe no one has a recording of Dave Norway regurgitating The Tell Tale Heart. Cough, cough…

I can get you a video of the neighbor’s cat puking up a mouse, if you want to up your game, Juan. ;)
That won’t work.  I guess I’ll need to record it nightly until he plays it again.  I’ve got the guy who witnesses the old ladies in the wreck.
Merry Christmas

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7277 on: September 29, 2022, 03:29:24 PM »
That won’t work.  I guess I’ll need to record it nightly until he plays it again.  I’ve got the guy who witnesses the old ladies in the wreck.

Juan, you sly devil!  A George Noory tribute artist!  I wish I'd thought of that.  You'll be in high demand at cat lady parties and fantasy gaming shows.  Don't forget the Kiwi shoe polish to get the hair and stach the correct color.  Are you auditioning for a Tommee?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7278 on: September 29, 2022, 04:17:03 PM »
Juan, you sly devil!  A George Noory tribute artist!…
Sophia will no doubt be in touch soon, Juan.  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7279 on: September 29, 2022, 10:30:13 PM »
Somehow I don't think it will be too long before Noory replays his Telltale Heart again.
Check on Thursday nights if he is taking off the next day.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7280 on: September 30, 2022, 01:10:25 AM »
Tonight the screener was letting thru mostly new callers and none of the regulars for the first guest.
Noory got upset because several of the callers were trolls or sounded drunk.
Explains why Noory prefers his safe regulars.
Maybe he had a substitute call screener tonight...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7281 on: September 30, 2022, 01:11:30 AM »
Sucked in again.  And another patronizing, condescending, arrogant, parental song in Jackie Blue. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7282 on: September 30, 2022, 04:35:30 AM »
Somehow I don't think it will be too long before Noory replays his Telltale Heart again…

I’d say that’s a safe bet. According to Jorch, it’s a popular request.  ;) ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7283 on: September 30, 2022, 04:37:31 AM »
Sucked in again.  And another patronizing, condescending, arrogant, parental song in Jackie Blue.
You know you want him.  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7284 on: September 30, 2022, 06:54:49 AM »

Have I asked you this before?  If I did, I apologize, but what selections of bumper music songs would you like to hear?  Please list a few, and maybe Norry will read and be corrected for his thoughtlessness in music selection.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #7285 on: September 30, 2022, 07:15:50 AM »
Have I asked you this before?  If I did, I apologize, but what selections of bumper music songs would you like to hear?  Please list a few, and maybe Norry will read and be corrected for his thoughtlessness in music selection.
Nice suggestion, DL. At least we’ll know what is acceptable.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #7286 on: September 30, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »

Speaking about bumper music, Noory's been playing a new addition the past few weeks, I wasn't familiar with the song but the singer was very familiar singing in a very weird style so I googled the lyrics that I could remember to see where the song came from -  holy shit, it was like an LSD flashback, I had totally forgotten the singer ever existed. Anthony fucking Newley -  this guy was a big deal in the 70s, he was on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show a lot, I guarantee you that when Martin Short came up with his Jackie Rodgers Jr. character he drew on Anthony Newley for part of his inspiration. Over the top cheese, he sang in a really weird vibrato and his hands and his mouth and arms would contort with the singing like he was spastic but it was meant to be dramatic, hilariously bad. The 70s were amazing, cheesy is really the only word to describe the decade, everybody makes a big deal about how important the 60s were, the 70s was far more bizarre. A lot of these big 70s entertainers just kind of disappeared as if they were abducted by ET's or taken up in the Rapture, never to be heard or seen from again.

i'd love to see an SCTV style parody of one of those K-TEL record commercials for GEORGE NOORY'S BAD ASS BUMPERS, TWENTY OF THE SULTAN OF LATE NIGHT RADIO'S FAVORITE HITS ALL ON ONE RECORD, THE SONGS THAT MADE THE WHOLE WORLD SING ....

and now I can't remember the title of the song.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #7287 on: September 30, 2022, 10:30:42 PM »
Speaking about bumper music, Noory's been playing a new addition the past few weeks, I wasn't familiar with the song but the singer was very familiar singing in a very weird style so I googled the lyrics that I could remember to see where the song came from -  holy shit, it was like an LSD flashback, I had totally forgotten the singer ever existed. Anthony fucking Newley -  this guy was a big deal in the 70s, he was on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show a lot, I guarantee you that when Martin Short came up with his Jackie Rodgers Jr. character he drew on Anthony Newley for part of his inspiration. Over the top cheese, he sang in a really weird vibrato and his hands and his mouth and arms would contort with the singing like he was spastic but it was meant to be dramatic, hilariously bad. The 70s were amazing, cheesy is really the only word to describe the decade, everybody makes a big deal about how important the 60s were, the 70s was far more bizarre. A lot of these big 70s entertainers just kind of disappeared as if they were abducted by ET's or taken up in the Rapture, never to be heard or seen from again.

i'd love to see an SCTV style parody of one of those K-TEL record commercials for GEORGE NOORY'S BAD ASS BUMPERS, TWENTY OF THE SULTAN OF LATE NIGHT RADIO'S FAVORITE HITS ALL ON ONE RECORD, THE SONGS THAT MADE THE WHOLE WORLD SING ....

Is that song on the list here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Newley

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7288 on: September 30, 2022, 10:40:19 PM »
I love Fridays! Instead of C2C, I'm watching
Eh, nevermind...

Rainman

• KMST
« Reply #7289 on: September 30, 2022, 11:04:50 PM »

This sounds like it might be up George's litter strewn memory lane.