Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838586 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #8880 on: April 22, 2023, 01:21:25 PM »
In my dreams Premiere would force Noory to apologize for his racially insensitive remarks.

'Folks, I'd like to address something I said on the show last night that may have offended some people. I said that Oprah Winfrey was in the mini-series 'Roots' which was the story about slavery and things like that. I was wrong. Oprah Winfrey was not in that show, I mixed her up with Pearl Bailey, or maybe Florida from Good Times, and I take full responsibility for that. I was brought up to respect black people like Sammy Davis Jr and Louis Armstrong and incredible entertainers and sports stars who were black. If I offended anyone I am deeply sorry.'

So what you are saying is that George Snoory and George Senda has a lot in common when it comes to people who are Black??

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #8881 on: April 22, 2023, 02:49:17 PM »
So what you are saying is that George Snoory and George Senda has a lot in common when it comes to people who are Black??

This isn't directed at you individually, but we've got to stop capitalizing "black" when used as an adjective.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #8882 on: April 22, 2023, 03:17:46 PM »

They should do a Roots follow-up and tap Norry to play a black person.  We must be inclusive, you know.  Maybe an entertainment role as a mouse of color?

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #8883 on: April 23, 2023, 10:20:35 PM »
They should do a Roots follow-up and tap Norry to play a black person.  We must be inclusive, you know.  Maybe an entertainment role as a mouse of color?

A major character in 'Roots' was named 'Chicken George', would love to see Noory reprise the role in blackface. I'd love to see Noory do some blackface minstrel songs in his live shows, would kill imo.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #8884 on: April 23, 2023, 10:54:32 PM »
A major character in 'Roots' was named 'Chicken George', would love to see Noory reprise the role in blackface. I'd love to see Noory do some blackface minstrel songs in his live shows, would kill imo.

All he can do is cracker music.  He does have one friend who does black music...  Pat Boone!
Eh, nevermind...

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #8885 on: April 24, 2023, 05:13:10 AM »
Parrot this, "Norry wanna  cracker?"

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #8886 on: April 25, 2023, 09:02:12 AM »
Noory's first guest last night was a rocket scientist who claims to have found evidence of nuclear war on Mars.  The guy was using an early 60s movie (Robinson Crusoe on Mars) to illustrate a point, but George didn't get it.  First he asked the guest if he was talking about the Matt Damon movie, to which the guest once again explained he was talking about the 1960s movie and again mentioned it by name.  A few minutes later George asked if he talking about another movie ("Death on Mars?"), and again the guest told George he was talking about "Robinson Crusoe on Mars."  Only the bottom of the hour break precluded George from asking if he was talking about another movie.

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #8887 on: April 25, 2023, 06:00:38 PM »
Noory's first guest last night was a rocket scientist who claims to have found evidence of nuclear war on Mars.  The guy was using an early 60s movie (Robinson Crusoe on Mars) to illustrate a point, but George didn't get it.  First he asked the guest if he was talking about the Matt Damon movie, to which the guest once again explained he was talking about the 1960s movie and again mentioned it by name.  A few minutes later George asked if he talking about another movie ("Death on Mars?"), and again the guest told George he was talking about "Robinson Crusoe on Mars."  Only the bottom of the hour break precluded George from asking if he was talking about another movie.

"My Favorite Martian" was probably on deck.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #8888 on: April 25, 2023, 06:31:23 PM »

👏👏👏

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #8889 on: April 25, 2023, 08:07:42 PM »

George is out of his depth when it comes to movies.  He really wanted to talk about the robot from Lost In Space.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8890 on: April 25, 2023, 09:09:33 PM »
George is out of his depth when it comes to movies.  He really wanted to talk about the robot from Lost In Space.

His good friend Billy Mumy was in that show!

I have spoken extensively with Angela on some music business... I avoided TV show/movie talk, if I had thought about it, I should have brought up Coast to Coast.  Hahaha...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8891 on: April 25, 2023, 11:27:12 PM »
Ran a short errand and had the radio on while driving. That mumbling, lying, scam artist faith healer is on. The only thing worse than this scam artist are some of the callers are a couple nickels short of a quarter.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8892 on: April 26, 2023, 12:30:27 AM »
The guest should have mentioned that a pre-Batman Adam West was a co-star in that 1964 movie.  Noory would have recognized him at least!

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8893 on: April 26, 2023, 12:46:08 AM »
Very interesting how Noory's second half guest tonight is talking about "quackery"  after Noory had Doc Wallet for his regular first half guest earlier...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #8894 on: April 29, 2023, 01:20:31 AM »
Noory held his guest tonight Whitley Streiber over for 3 hours total.
Leaving only one half hour segment for Friday open lines skince he leaves early and goes to an old replay of part of an interview for the last part.