Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 838509 times)

Morgus

• Elluminati
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #9420 on: September 02, 2023, 09:42:26 PM »
Yeah, and included Walt from Pennsylvania. 

The most interesting thing that came out of open lines was George's edict that on Fridays/nights with open lines, callers can call twice.  That will allow a caller to talk to the first segment guest, then call on open lines.  I wonder if Ian will allow that the nights he does open lines?
Ian already doesn't allow any of Noory's regular sad pack callers when he hosts...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #9421 on: September 02, 2023, 10:02:51 PM »
Yeah, and included Walt from Pennsylvania. 

The most interesting thing that came out of open lines was George's edict that on Fridays/nights with open lines, callers can call twice.  That will allow a caller to talk to the first segment guest, then call on open lines.  I wonder if Ian will allow that the nights he does open lines?

If they're all alive, then his demographic is hating on him...

George Noory sucks.
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #9422 on: September 02, 2023, 10:10:11 PM »
Ian already doesn't allow any of Noory's regular sad pack callers when he hosts...

That was my point.  George specifically said he wanted to give regular callers an opportunity to both speak to a guest and call on open lines.  Ian doesn't want them calling once, so something's got to give. Will Ian say, in effect, "I don't care what George says....."?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9423 on: September 02, 2023, 10:39:01 PM »
That was my point.  George specifically said he wanted to give regular callers an opportunity to both speak to a guest and call on open lines.  Ian doesn't want them calling once, so something's got to give. Will Ian say, in effect, "I don't care what George says....."?
Ian already has his own rules, different from Noory, so thats already in effect...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9424 on: September 03, 2023, 12:12:20 AM »
While streaming, I listened to sNoory's commercial for those comic books...  it sounds like he's impersonating Sylvester the Cat. Maybe it was distortion, but Richard Syrett is perfectly clear.
Eh, nevermind...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #9425 on: September 03, 2023, 10:00:22 PM »
While streaming, I listened to sNoory's commercial for those comic books...  it sounds like he's impersonating Sylvester the Cat. Maybe it was distortion, but Richard Syrett is perfectly clear.

he's falling apart, his voice is phlegmy, he slurs words. i listen to Curtis Sliwa on WABC who's 69, he hasn't aged a bit voice wise, loud and tons of energy, Bill O'Reilly has to be as old as Noory and still sounds the same as he always did. Howie Carr is fine too. Limbaugh even while near the end of his life sounded good. Noory never put any effort in nor took any pride in his work and it shows.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9426 on: September 03, 2023, 10:05:33 PM »
he's falling apart, his voice is phlegmy, he slurs words. i listen to Curtis Sliwa on WABC who's 69, he hasn't aged a bit voice wise, loud and tons of energy, Bill O'Reilly has to be as old as Noory and still sounds the same as he always did. Howie Carr is fine too. Limbaugh even while near the end of his life sounded good. Noory never put any effort in nor took any pride in his work and it shows.

When he does that comic commercial (Wigett? Marvel?), please listen and tell me if you think that's his voice or a recording problem.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9427 on: September 03, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »
Apparently Noory replaced his first guest tonight with no warning or mention.
The c2c website still shows the first guest is about Ancient Egypt, but the one Noory has on now is about after death stuff instead!

Update: after an hour, the c2c website was finally updated to show the guest Noory actually has on tonight and it mentions the previous planned guest will be rescheduled.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9428 on: September 04, 2023, 09:22:38 AM »
i=hvLLNqt_aq3DNHnE

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9429 on: September 04, 2023, 01:41:37 PM »
When he does that comic commercial (Wigett? Marvel?), please listen and tell me if you think that's his voice or a recording problem.
Noory has obviously used devices to alter his voice on the air, make it deeper, etc as well as editting for the recorded commercials.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9430 on: September 04, 2023, 02:01:31 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9431 on: September 04, 2023, 03:07:21 PM »
There's some funny comments about sNoory...
https://www.reddit.com/r/coasttocoastam/comments/13z8lhl/george_noorys_voice/
Haha - I liked the example there of if say Rod Serling were replaced by Soupy Sales as host of the Twilight Zone - thats like Noory replaced Art Bell! 😁

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9432 on: September 04, 2023, 11:40:55 PM »
Tonight’s guest promoted some non prescription supplement and from his website the price is $199 for a month supply!
Ultra expensive just like Doc Wallet's junk...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9433 on: September 04, 2023, 11:46:17 PM »
Tonight’s guest promoted some non prescription supplement and from his website the price is $199 for a month supply!
Ultra expensive just like Doc Wallet's junk...

Did I hear him say that he had no economic benefit? 
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #9434 on: September 05, 2023, 10:48:42 PM »
Noory has an astronomer guest on tonight and as expected he brings up his usual "I don't get the big bang" yet again!