Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 83787 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:36 AM »
The night following the lost car dream, I dreamed that I thought my car was stolen.  I went about paperwork to cancel my insurance and de-register the car, and then I learned my car either hadn't been stolen at all or had been recovered in driveable condition.  So then it was about getting to the motor vehicle bureau and reversing what I'd filed.  In the dream I was still living in the Bronx -- my dreams my whole life have typically lagged my experience and knowledge by several years -- and travel was again tricky.  I got on a bus and almost wound up going over the Whitestone Bridge to Queens, but got off at the last stop before that.  The rest of my trip did not figure in the dream or was not memorable.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »
And within another night or two, I hit the trifecta: tricky travel, nudity, and lucidity.  I was driving up the New York State Thruway and realized I needed to go back.  At the toll booth I was naked, for no reason I can think.  Putting the facts together, I told the collector it's OK, I'm just dreaming, and manifested clothes.  But as usual when I dream lucidly, I didn't take further advantage, and just decided to see where it would take me as I continued to the next exit and turned back.  I simply awoke.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2019, 11:12:28 PM »
Before I fall asleep again and forget, I better note last night's dream, a doozy because it hit so many cliches of dreaming, or at least of my dreaming.

First I dreamed that I'd found out my Ph.D. was no good because I hadn't finished grade school, so I was re-attending either 4th or 6th grade, I forgot which.  Then I realized that was absurd, so I had no need to show up for class.  Somehow it didn't occur to me that it was so absurd, I had to have been dreaming.  So not exactly lucid dreaming, but some exertion of control there.  I was at the school building already but since I didn't have to go in, I didn't.  That's when a teacher let me in on the joke that was being played on me, i.e. telling me that I had to repeat.  But I'd already figured out it wasn't serious.  They were also honoring some teacher in an outdoor ceremony for the kids, in Central Park.  And it had something to do with the previous use of some part of the park as the lion cages for the zoo.  So I walked in thru what had been one of the cages.

Then I got together with some people to go home in the Bronx.  They seemed to be the cast of SCTV, with some substitutions.  At least Harold Ramis and Eugene Levy were there.  We got into a van but got stuck immediately in traffic.  The driver wanted to go thru the Midtown Tunnel but I thought that was absurd, and that we should take the FDR Drive.  But as I saw, the Drive was closed for a motorcade coming south; I think it was dignitaries from some Arab country headed for the UN.  But our driver had left to ask directions.  So we all got out and onto sit-down electric scooters.  At this time there were 5 of us.  I don't know how far we got.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2019, 03:09:14 PM »
I had a funny dream where I opened the front door of my house and was greeted with the sight of an assortment of heavy equipment vehicles parked along the front curb.  There were some diggers there, and some dump trucks.  A group of hardhat wearing workers were standing about somewhat aimlessly.  I walked out onto my front yard to see what was what.  I tried to ask some of the workers what was going on but the words wouldn't form in my mouth.  Right then, a big pickup truck pulled up and out jumped a man that I recognized.  It was Al, my number one handy man for all things that were in need of repair.  Painting, electrical work, plumbing, room renovation, deck and fence construction.  He did it all.  Al and I had a great relationship.  As a matter of fact, he had me over to his place a couple summers back, for a pig roast of all things.  Anyway, he jumped out of his truck and I went to greet him.  He didn't seem to recognize me though.  He walked right on by and barked some orders out to the men who were standing about.  Almost as if by magic, a backhoe appeared and began digging away at a spot on my front yard.  A few minutes later a large, (I'd say about 5 feet square) white cube was uncovered.  I couldn't tell what it was made of.  It looked hard, like marble, but as I said, it was totally white.  One glance at it though, and I could see why it was being dug up.  It wasn't sitting level.  It was all tilted to one side.  And then it came to me.  I had called Al to uncover the thing and re-align it so that it would be nice and straight again.  What ever its purpose was, it hadn't been working correctly.  But now, once it had been leveled up, it would be back to doing whatever it was that it did.   

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »
I dreamed that I walked into a house i once owned. Inside were my two deceased cats. I was glad to see them until I realized they were big and I was very small. They also had rolled-up newspapers and chased me around the house.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2019, 06:20:51 PM »
I had a funny dream where I opened the front door of my house and was greeted with the sight of an assortment of heavy equipment vehicles parked along the front curb.  There were some diggers there, and some dump trucks.  A group of hardhat wearing workers were standing about somewhat aimlessly.  I walked out onto my front yard to see what was what.  I tried to ask some of the workers what was going on but the words wouldn't form in my mouth.  Right then, a big pickup truck pulled up and out jumped a man that I recognized.  It was Al, my number one handy man for all things that were in need of repair.  Painting, electrical work, plumbing, room renovation, deck and fence construction.  He did it all.  Al and I had a great relationship.  As a matter of fact, he had me over to his place a couple summers back, for a pig roast of all things.  Anyway, he jumped out of his truck and I went to greet him.  He didn't seem to recognize me though.  He walked right on by and barked some orders out to the men who were standing about.  Almost as if by magic, a backhoe appeared and began digging away at a spot on my front yard.  A few minutes later a large, (I'd say about 5 feet square) white cube was uncovered.  I couldn't tell what it was made of.  It looked hard, like marble, but as I said, it was totally white.  One glance at it though, and I could see why it was being dug up.  It wasn't sitting level.  It was all tilted to one side.  And then it came to me.  I had called Al to uncover the thing and re-align it so that it would be nice and straight again.  What ever its purpose was, it hadn't been working correctly.  But now, once it had been leveled up, it would be back to doing whatever it was that it did.   

Hm! Sounds very detailed.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2019, 11:50:23 PM »
White could represent hope.  Your hopes needed stabilizing?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2019, 11:50:40 PM »
I dreamed that I walked into a house i once owned. Inside were my two deceased cats. I was glad to see them until I realized they were big and I was very small. They also had rolled-up newspapers and chased me around the house.
Ooooo!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2019, 11:52:11 PM »
The night following the lost car dream, I dreamed that I thought my car was stolen.  I went about paperwork to cancel my insurance and de-register the car, and then I learned my car either hadn't been stolen at all or had been recovered in driveable condition.  So then it was about getting to the motor vehicle bureau and reversing what I'd filed.  In the dream I was still living in the Bronx -- my dreams my whole life have typically lagged my experience and knowledge by several years -- and travel was again tricky.  I got on a bus and almost wound up going over the Whitestone Bridge to Queens, but got off at the last stop before that.  The rest of my trip did not figure in the dream or was not memorable.
Your car might represent your ambition.  Stolen ambition.  Lost ambition.  But then found, and driveable!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2019, 11:53:03 PM »
Today I had another of those looking-for-a-toilet dreams.  I'm glad I didn't act on my last idea in that one: using the wastepaper basket under the sink.
Needing a toilet might represent looking to deal with some unpleasant emotions.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2019, 12:39:38 AM »
White could represent hope.  Your hopes needed stabilizing?

Interesting.  You know something funny, Sofia?  I can totally remember the exact spot where that backhoe was digging the hole in my yard.  Perhaps I should go out there and dig down a ways?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #401 on: September 07, 2019, 03:05:25 PM »
I dreamt that I was standing atop a wide set of fancy stairs, looking down on a room that had luxurious carpeting, marble walls and grandiose chandeliers.  I wasn't used to such splendor and I began to cry.  To top everything off, the front door opened and in walked the late actor Vincent Price, wearing a dynamite sky-blue tuxedo.  We greeted one another and echoed each others 'So very glad to see you agains.'  I started to walk down the stairs but then I stopped myself.  "Oh, I almost forgot," I said to Vincent.  "I've got this weird assed virus and I'm supposed to be staying in bed.  Would you mind going into the kitchen and making us a nice, hot, pot of coffee?" 

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #402 on: September 07, 2019, 04:03:56 PM »
I dreamt that I was standing atop a wide set of fancy stairs, looking down on a room that had luxurious carpeting, marble walls and grandiose chandeliers.  I wasn't used to such splendor and I began to cry.  To top everything off, the front door opened and in walked the late actor Vincent Price, wearing a dynamite sky-blue tuxedo.  We greeted one another and echoed each others 'So very glad to see you agains.'  I started to walk down the stairs but then I stopped myself.  "Oh, I almost forgot," I said to Vincent.  "I've got this weird assed virus and I'm supposed to be staying in bed.  Would you mind going into the kitchen and making us a nice, hot, pot of coffee?" 

Well I hope he did, or maybe tea would be nice.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #403 on: September 07, 2019, 11:15:54 PM »
Well I hope he did, or maybe tea would be nice.

Oh yes, tea would have been nice.  Actually, I should have asked him to make breakfast.  Vincent was a noted gourmand, and he actually wrote some books on cooking.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
No matter how much I dream about tricky travel, I keep coming up with new variations, but then sometimes the themes repeat.  One example was in the past week, where one night I dreamt I was in Baltimore and didn't have the fare to get back home.  Shortly after that, I had another dream wherein I was in Maryland, and that time although I had the money in my account, I didn't have my credit or debit card, and my friend Ralph offered to help.

But then last night I had one that took the cake.  In waking life, our friend Greg was visiting us, and we expected to go to a craft fair the next day.  In the dream we were still expecting to go to that fair, but in the meantime we were at a reception party for an engagement between my sister and Mark Levine.  Some people were at a table doing some form of divination involving food in a tank like a fish tank.  Anyway, this was a strange affair in that the reception was before the ceremony, and just then I realized I still needed to dress fancy for the ceremony and go there before we'd go to the craft fair.  First I had to get my car out of the courtyard of the catering hall, and then I realized I couldn't've driven it in there, because the only way out was up some steps.  However, I was easily able to carry my car up the steps, because it turned out to be a kiddie car.

Then I realized I didn't know where we were going, so I went back in and asked the other guests, who were all strangers to me, where the ceremony was to be held.  Everybody said it was nearby and easy to get to.  But where?  I tried to narrow it down by asking whether it was even in the same state, New Jersey, and everybody said yes.  One person said it was in a town named Titty.  But I tried looking it up online, and there was no such town in NJ.  Somebody else said they thought it was at a high school named Titty or Tittie, but I couldn't find that either.  I thought maybe that was short for Titicut, but no luck with that either.  Somebody else said it was in Ocean City, and I thought it might've been the place by that name on the Jersey shore, but the animated computer readout had us going across the state toward the shore, then turning south on the Garden State Parkway, taking a ferry from Cape May, and...Ocean City, Maryland?!  (There's Maryland again.)  No, can't be.  So I asked the guests whether they'd gotten invitations with directions.  Just blank stares as everybody realized nobody knew where we were going, and I guess I was the first to think of it.  So I found Mark Levine and asked him, and even he couldn't tell me.  I woke up before I got to asking my sister.