Author Topic: TV Series Binge Watching  (Read 39036 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: TV Series Binge Watching
« Reply #270 on: September 05, 2022, 02:54:53 PM »
KENNY vs SPENNY

Hell yeah!  Spencer Nolan Rice, your ass is grass!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #271 on: September 05, 2022, 03:06:16 PM »
Hell yeah!  Spencer Nolan Rice, your ass is grass!

Greatness

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2022, 06:33:29 AM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »
^^^^ Spencer Nolan Rice. BTFO.  Happens all the time.  :P

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #274 on: December 17, 2022, 06:22:26 AM »
‘Yellowstone’ season 4. “Yellowstone” returned last Sunday night with a special two hour premiere, and it was incredible. ‘Yellowstone’ ends Season 3 with one of the greatest cliffhangers In TV History.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1459755724309889026

The Dutton family is expanding with the addition of James Badge Dale (Hightown, 24), Darren Mann (Animal Kingdom, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina), and Marley Shelton (Never Been Kissed, Rise) to the Paramount+ Yellowstone spinoff 1923.

Additional newly added cast members include Michelle Randolph (The Resort), Brian Geraghty(Big Sky, Chicago P.D.), Aminah Nieves (Blueberry, V/H/S/99), and Julia Schlaepfer (The Politician).

They join previously announced leads Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren who will portray the Dutton family’s patriarch and matriarch, Jacob and Cara, respectively. As well as Sebastian Roché whose casting was exclusively announced by Deadline earlier this month.
Character descriptions from Paramount+ can be found below.

Ford will play Jacob Dutton, the patriarch of the Yellowstone ranch, husband to Cara Dutton, and brother of James Dutton; Mirren will play Cara Dutton, the wife to Jacob Dutton and family matriarch.

Dale will play John Dutton Sr., the oldest nephew and right-hand man of Jacob Dutton; Mann will play Jack Dutton, John Dutton Sr.’s son and great-nephew to Jacob Dutton. He is a dedicated rancher who is deeply loyal to his family; Shelton will play Emma Dutton, the dutiful wife of John Dutton Sr. and the mother of Jack Dutton.

Randolph will play Elizabeth Strafford, a feisty and capable young woman set to marry into the Dutton family.

Geraghty will play Zane, a fiercely loyal ranch foreman; Nieves will play Teonna Rainwater, a young woman at a government residential boarding school; Schlaepfer will play Alexandra, a British woman who meets one of the Duttons abroad.

The new installment from Taylor Sheridan will introduce a new generation of the Dutton family and explore the early 20th century when pandemics, historic drought, the end of Prohibition, and the Great Depression all plague the Mountain West, and the Duttons who call it home.

The Dutton family’s saga began with Yellowstone, led by Kevin Costner in the role of John Dutton, returning with its fifth season on November 13. The series follows the drama involving the family and local residents of their Montana ranch, Yellowstone Dutton Ranch, which borders the Broken Rock Indian Reservation. Gil Birmingham, Kelly Reilly, Wes Bentley, Danny Huston, and Cole Hauser also star.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2022, 08:03:59 AM »
20 years ago, I watched the late, great and occasionally goofy Suzanne Whang host and narrate House Hunters. Three homes toured with a purchase at the end. A local real estate agent is there.

Then, as I am searching the Roku Channel lineup, I find this show. Three homes, suggestions, no house purchase at the end. How completely Irish of them! What's worse, many of the houses don't have indoor plumbing. Occasionally, they'll say something about hoping the house has electricity. I guess Ireland has a long way to go to get out of the 1800s.

Maggie and Kieran are more like the know-it-all neighbors who don't know much, still very charming. They speak English and have outhouses in 2020.

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details/d1dc3e587b15553d929904cf8b1d69e9/cheap-irish-homes

Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2023, 12:53:11 PM »
I have been watching Deep Space 9 on Pluto TV. Binging through the first maybe 40 episodes was a bit difficult. Man, oh man, it really got good later on. I really need to binge them properly, with no commercials, but I'm enjoying this a lot.

So, in the episode I'm watching right now and actor has this really wonderful delivery on his role, great voice with a tinge of cowboy and the episode is a reference to the Magnificent Seven. I'm really enjoying the episode, I had to Google the actor playing the role who really nailed it...

Iggy Pop!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnificent_Ferengi
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2023, 04:12:51 PM »
Been watching The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. Like any of these reality shows, probably lots of the stuff is staged but its been decently entertaining. Strange light beams shooting into the sky, weird helicopters hovering around, pile of bones found in a secret chamber in a basement, etc.  After hearing so much about the ranch its been interesting to at least see what it looks like [which is like any western ranch really].  As there has been some cattle mutilations in the past, the team at the ranch brings in 40+ head and keeps them under observation. To spice things up they bring in a couple of Alpaca to see what happens.  Some sort of dog thing attacks the Alpaca and you can hear them screaming. Alpaca screams are pretty unsettling. They call a vet who has to sew up the mauled Alpaca. Next a cow croaks. Call a vet again, who then does an autopsy out in the field and finds that the poor thing had pneumonia. They inform the guy that bought the place from Bigelow and he's like "Whoa Whoa. I'll be right out with an expert"
Turns out to be Linda Moulton Howe of course.  So now you've got 80 year old Linda out in a field looking at a pneumoniad dead cow.  :P

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2023, 06:11:38 PM »

Even I know she shouldn't run her lipstick all the way to the corners of her mouth.

Is she still having speech difficulties? She was starting to slur and mumble.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2023, 06:29:36 PM »
Even I know she shouldn't run her lipstick all the way to the corners of her mouth.

Is she still having speech difficulties? She was starting to slur and mumble.

Meh. She did ok I guess. I mean its a dead cow, rotting in the Utah sun. She was sporting the dangly southwestern style ear rings.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2023, 12:24:44 PM »
Turns out that the Roku Channel has a series being promoted as brand new... Trailer Park Boys: The Swearenet Show...

Turns out it's a combination of rehash, archive footage and new stuff. It has the late John Densmore both with live action and voice.

It's not overly laugh-inducing but it is mildly pleasant to watch.

They are beating a dead horse though. It's been 15 years since the main show went off the air and it seems to be their one trick pony. They tried another pony and it wasn't horrible, just didn't stick very well. I think they called that the Happy Funtime Show.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2023, 12:42:16 PM »
I was trolling through some new channels the LBTV service. One of them is called Winnie's World. It's obviously done by somebody from their home computer, crap quality and weirdness with something like Google ads running as commercials...

There was an intriguing show on, possibly 240 resolution.  It was a starship with some genius kid in it and a captain who looked almost like Will Riker from Star Trek.

Well, one of the so-called commercial breaks had this weird supposedly comedy thing as read by this 7 year old kid named Winnie. It is awful, but I guess that passes as entertainment nowadays with the fucking retard demographic...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The spaceship show was probably Canadian. Dark uniforms a kid with a sky high IQ and a gym that looked like it was filmed at a family fitness center. There's an Asian chick with short hair being exploited for her hot body, a guy that's totally a GQ model who couldn't act much but really looked good on camera, it's got to be Canadian!
😁😁😁😁

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2023, 08:53:05 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a new series but it's damn hard. So much shit out there - prime is a storehouse of such bunk but it's not all bad. Gotta commit.  ::)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2023, 09:27:13 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a new series but it's damn hard. So much shit out there - prime is a storehouse of such bunk but it's not all bad. Gotta commit.  ::)

When I'm at a loss for a series to start, I watch those stupid unauthorized biographies of various musicians. Dio or Randy Rhoads might be a good place to start

Amazon prime... Some of them are partnered with Freevee
Night Court
Dragnet/Adam 12
The X-Files
Corner Gas
Mad Men

Roku channel
Gunsmoke

If you are any of a Star Trek TNG fan, DS9 gets better after the first season.

Ricky Gervais has a few easy to watch series.

Since you've done that Home remodeling thing, Cheap Irish Homes is an interesting series just because those houses are 200 years old and run down...
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2023, 10:05:20 PM »

Did you ever watch Orphan Black?
Are we having fun yet?