Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797632 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #5370 on: August 05, 2021, 08:45:52 AM »
Arkancide is a neologistic term. We need a new TERM for Election Fraud @PB . Shutdowns again.  Mass vote-by-mail again.

https://twitter.com/ACLU_NorCal/status/1422630831776960514

Talk about an organization that has lost it's way.  They must be taking a break from representing pedophiles.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5371 on: August 05, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »

Talk about an organization that has lost it's way.  They must be taking a break from representing pedophiles.

No, they're still representing the Democrats...
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5372 on: August 05, 2021, 09:09:35 AM »
You're 100% right. The Phibes  films are perfect for Halloween mood enhancement. There's something about them that permits multiple viewings. I never tire of them. I'm gulity of sometimes using them as low volume white noise and "peripheral art" when  I'm wotking on something else.

I like to imagine seeing both films as a double feature at an extant drive-in theater. What a killer billing!  Old fashioned sound speakers and junk food and the requisite companion.

Nirvana achieved. Lol

She might accuse me of delivering a cheap date, but she would not soon, if ever, forget that night under the stars, witnessing the great Vincent Price at the helm, playing his surreal music like an absolute madman as we ate pizza.

I'm all about the experience.

Ah. The Phibes Vibes. What a true Romantic you are @Camazotz Automat . Your lady friend will be swept off her feet. And any special night can be Halloween enhanced by the thrills provided by that most smooth villain Vincent Price

I'm kind of like Halloween how @KSM  is about Christmas. Every day is the perfect day to celebrate your favorite holiday
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5373 on: August 05, 2021, 09:33:06 AM »
Ah. The Phibes Vibes. What a true Romantic you are @Camazotz Automat . Your lady friend will be swept off her feet. And any special night can only be Halloween enhanced by the thrills provided by that most smooth villain Vincent Price
And should she resist your advances..  ?  @Camazotz Automat
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5374 on: August 05, 2021, 09:48:23 AM »
And should she resist your advances..  ?  @Camazotz Automat

Does it get any better than this? All my favorites. Edgar Allan Poe, Vincent Price, Roger Corman. Shot in Panavision and Lurid Color. Second Date Night

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Random, intelligent things on your mind
« Reply #5375 on: August 05, 2021, 10:36:42 AM »
Ever notice that the people who say they don't enjoy sports anymore because of athletes expressing their political opinions are the same people who feel the need to spooge their political opinions all over the place no matter the topic?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5376 on: August 05, 2021, 10:38:44 AM »
Ever notice that the people who say they don't enjoy sports anymore because of athletes expressing their political opinions are the same people who feel the need to spooge their political opinions all over the place no matter the topic?

I don't watch beach volleyball because of politics, I watch it for the athleticism!

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5377 on: August 05, 2021, 10:43:49 AM »

I quit watching years ago (except for a few cycling events).  Specifically the day after the 1993 baseball strike, in the middle of the pennant race.

But to your point, I think it's not appreciated during the events.  No one cares what they say the rest of the time, it's a free country.

PS If you could get LeBron to post here it would be great fun

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5378 on: August 05, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
I quit watching years ago (except for cycling).  Specifically the day after the 1993 baseball strike, in the middle of the pennant race.

But to your point, I think it's not appreciated during the events.  No one cares what they say the rest of the time, it's a free country.

Tony Gwynn's pursuit of .400 (which he attained in a 162-game span stretching into the next season).
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5379 on: August 05, 2021, 10:49:12 AM »
I quit watching years ago (except for cycling).  Specifically the day after the 1993 baseball strike, in the middle of the pennant race.

Can you get LeBron to post here? - great fun

Glad you remembered Lebron and went back to modify your original post.
No one cares what they say the rest of the time, indeed.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5380 on: August 05, 2021, 10:50:37 AM »
Tony Gwynn's pursuit of .400 (which he attained in a 162-game span stretching into the next season).

Matt Williams was on a pace to catch Babe Ruth's 60 HRs

It was one of the best seasons in years.  Until it wasn't.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5381 on: August 05, 2021, 10:59:50 AM »
Glad you remembered Lebron and went back to modify your original post.
No one cares what they say the rest of the time, indeed.

I think some people care what they have to say, whether they agree or disagree, what I meant was no one is all that upset about it off the field. 

When, say, LeBron appears to encourage a cop be killed in a tweet, yeah people will get in a huff about that stuff.  Or think it's just great.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5382 on: August 05, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
I think some people care what they have to say, whether they agree or disagree, what I meant was no one is all that upset about it off the field. 

When, say, LeBron appears to encourage a cop be killed in a tweet, yeah people will get in a huff about that.

So you are saying people do get upset at what they say off the field.
Why even bother with the first part when you are going to erase it with the second part?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #5383 on: August 05, 2021, 11:18:02 AM »
So you are saying people do get upset at what they say off the field.
Why even bother with the first part when you are going to erase it with the second part?

I was happy to read both parts. If I did. Who is this lebron person? I don't know who is who.

We got our deck painted and have put the bird feeders back up. I had no interest in birds before except the little parakeet I had years ago. I think the hummingbirds had babies, we had a near swarm last evening.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5384 on: August 05, 2021, 11:56:18 AM »

They don't seem to be getting the message. But you did give them a couple of shiny objects