Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 751265 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #1845 on: February 16, 2019, 01:42:43 PM »
@Bart Ell  whats new in the land of bart ell??

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1846 on: February 17, 2019, 12:35:01 PM »
@Bart Ell  here is other question for you bart. Are you still alive and kicking??

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1847 on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »
How long should it take to rise & shine in a tidy environment?  To dress, have 20 minutes of coffee (painkiller) then, 20 minutes exercise, a simple meal/skim the paper, feed the pet, 10 minute pet walk, basic grooming/functions, simple indoor pet clean-up, proactively tidy, and clean as one goes.  I'd like to add 30 more minutes of exercise/stretching & a little more grooming but the clock gets me & it's breaktime.  People I've surveyed wake & arrive at work within 90-120 minutes.  Are they slobs?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1848 on: February 17, 2019, 04:45:40 PM »
How long should it take to rise & shine in a tidy environment?  To dress, have 20 minutes of coffee (painkiller) then, 20 minutes exercise, a simple meal/skim the paper, feed the pet, 10 minute pet walk, basic grooming/functions, simple indoor pet clean-up, proactively tidy, and clean as one goes.  I'd like to add 30 more minutes of exercise/stretching & a little more grooming but the clock gets me & it's breaktime.  People I've surveyed wake & arrive at work within 90-120 minutes.  Are they slobs?
45-60 minutes for me but that's just waking, eating, loading out a few things and that's it. I guess it also depends on your commute which would dictate how early you have to git up. 120? That's way too long IMO.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1849 on: February 17, 2019, 11:39:49 PM »
@Bart Ell  Are you still alive?? If not, can @GravitySucks  take over the forum? I think that he can maintain your legacy better then Heather Wade. Do you agree??

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1850 on: February 18, 2019, 01:16:16 AM »
45-60 minutes for me but that's just waking, eating, loading out a few things and that's it. I guess it also depends on your commute which would dictate how early you have to git up. 120? That's way too long IMO.
You skipped coffee.  You don't feed & walk Vera?  Her poop stays on the lawn until Saturday then?  No skimming the newspaper?  No exercise???  No grooming?  Gasp.  Do you tidy as you go ("working cleanly") or is S.O. your maid?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1851 on: February 18, 2019, 11:00:57 AM »
You skipped coffee.  You don't feed & walk Vera?  Her poop stays on the lawn until Saturday then?  No skimming the newspaper?  No exercise???  No grooming?  Gasp.  Do you tidy as you go ("working cleanly") or is S.O. your maid?
Valid points, questions.

Vera is a once a day eater, usually about 4:30 pm so she's fine. Also, she sleeps about 14-16 hrs a day. (a real guard dog ::) If you look at my current AV that is her idea of guarding the house.

Grooming? I shower the night before, all I do in the morning is pony tail and brush teeth ;D

I have all my weekday breakfasts pre-made and portioned out for Monday thru Thursday (my work days) I also have a protein shake each morning with breakfast.

Exercise - I work out when I get home from work which is usually about 1pm. I hate long days so I go like hell with no breaks for 4-5 highly productive hours and call it a day.

60 minute mornings are perfect for, me.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1852 on: February 18, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
Valid points, questions.

Vera is a once a day eater, usually about 4:30 pm so she's fine. Also, she sleeps about 14-16 hrs a day. (a real guard dog ::) If you look at my current AV that is her idea of guarding the house.

Grooming? I shower the night before, all I do in the morning is pony tail and brush teeth ;D

I have all my weekday breakfasts pre-made and portioned out for Monday thru Thursday (my work days) I also have a protein shake each morning with breakfast.

Exercise - I work out when I get home from work which is usually about 1pm. I hate long days so I go like hell with no breaks for 4-5 highly productive hours and call it a day.

60 minute mornings are perfect for, me.
Best of your avatars!  Thanks for the insights.  Are you not a coffee sipper?  You have an hour on me for not needing to reduce AM pain, not exercising, & leaving the pet poop for SO or Saturday.   I will innovate some solutions; likely they will take up space & time though.  It's weird how sometimes less is more but other times more allows more flexibility.  I hate playing catch-up, but seems like a requirement every other week.  Wearing an apron with deep pockets would prevent a lot of back & forth.

Employers want employees who can optimize efficiency, a huge HR trend.  That means many people work at a much more stressful pace than in decades past.  Early morning silence, late morning lulls and after lunch slumps have become a things of the past.  Gotta get there fresh - like you said, within a reasonable time.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #1853 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
Gotta get there fresh - like you said, within a reasonable time.

Sofiawolf you really do TRY, doncha! ;)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1854 on: February 18, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »
Best of your avatars!  Thanks for the insights.  Are you not a coffee sipper?

Up until three years ago I'd probably had less than three pots of coffee in my life. That was until my wife bought this kickass coffee station that got me hooked on the black stuff for about a year. It was too much and I was always run down because of the constant adrenaline debt from the high caffeine. It's now decaf during the week and normal (black) on the weekends.  Coffee, or shall I say caffeine hits me hard so I have to avoid it most of the time.  There used to be a coffee thread over at CoastGab years ago before I ever started drinking it.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1855 on: February 18, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
@Bart Ell  here is other question for you bart. Are you still alive and kicking??

You bet, @damon
The Bart enjoyed a nice 3 day weekend trip with the only person I can stand spending 3 full days with

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1856 on: February 18, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
How long should it take to rise & shine in a tidy environment?

However long they care to take.
Why get all in their business?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1857 on: February 18, 2019, 05:46:17 PM »
Bart,

So you have carried the Mark of the Five Morgs! for a bit of time now.    How are things?

I am assuming you are like Indiana Jones with the Sankara Stones, in his coming to understand their power. 

MAX

• Elluminati
« Reply #1858 on: February 18, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »
Up until three years ago I'd probably had less than three pots of coffee in my life. That was until my wife bought this kickass coffee station that got me hooked on the black stuff for about a year. It was too much and I was always run down because of the constant adrenaline debt from the high caffeine. It's now decaf during the week and normal (black) on the weekends.  Coffee, or shall I say caffeine hits me hard so I have to avoid it most of the time.  There used to be a coffee thread over at CoastGab years ago before I ever started drinking it.

I drink a full pot of coffee every day and have for many years. I also have trouble sleeping at night have not figured out why.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #1859 on: February 18, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Dear Bart,

What wine goes well with poutine?