Author Topic: Vintage / Retro Treasures and Finds  (Read 2937 times)

Chine

• Ninja Artist
  • KIDD
Vintage / Retro Treasures and Finds
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »
Though this could fall under the category ‘Old Things’, thought I’d add this thread anyhow to be specific for those who enjoy antique / vintage / retro finds.

Recently on another and the usual trips  to Savannah, found some beautiful pieces. I’ll post images in a bit as I’m going through various pictures.

I’m also enjoying finding beautiful repurposed pieces (furniture etc) for home and my art studio.

Also, as I have worked for years in the Metaphysical as a professional intuitive , Reiki Master (etc) it’s always good to sage / cleanse pieces you find in antique stores as you really don’t want to bring home something other than a brooch.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Re: Vintage / Retro Treasures and Finds
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
Though this could fall under the category ‘Old Things’, thought I’d add this thread anyhow to be specific for those who enjoy antique / vintage / retro finds.

Recently on another and the usual trips  to Savannah, found some beautiful pieces. I’ll post images in a bit as I’m going through various pictures.

I’m also enjoying finding beautiful repurposed pieces (furniture etc) for home and my art studio.

Also, as I have worked for years in the Metaphysical as a professional intuitive , Reiki Master (etc) it’s always good to sage / cleanse pieces you find in antique stores as you really don’t want to bring home something other than a brooch.

I'm guessing here the preferred method is a salt-water bath and a few days in the sun. That has always worked with the exception of highly charged pieces for me anyway.  Some items that have a natively good energy need no cleansing at all.

I'm at this point hopelessly addicted to retro decor and furniture. Even everyday items and appliances. The melted plastic look of most modern items makes it difficult to see any "character" in them if you get where I am coming from.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
I've found a place I would almost consider to be heaven. Here is a Jacobean era manor in North Wales named Plas Teg! Well worth the watch for those who love antiques and art. (*Spoiler alert - Its also haunted*)

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 04:03:00 AM »
I've found a place I would almost consider to be heaven. Here is a Jacobean era manor in North Wales named Plas Teg! Well worth the watch for those who love antiques and art. (*Spoiler alert - Its also haunted*)

thx added to watch list.

Caith

• KMST
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »

I found these spoons in layers of cotton, contained in box with a souvenir spoon that I purchased years ago.  I have researched over the years and know they were made by a company named Norne. They are solid silver and hallmarked. Each spoon is thinly gold plated with enamel inlays on the handle. Their size is small and close to the size of an infant's feeding spoon. I've not been able to find anything like them online. I thought  they might have been used for caviar but read that caviar wouldn't be served using metal. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. The picture I've attached shows them beside a normal teaspoon. 
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:02:44 PM »
I found these spoons in layers of cotton, contained in box with a souvenir spoon that I purchased years ago.  I have researched over the years and know they were made by a company named Norne. They are solid silver and hallmarked. Each spoon is thinly gold plated with enamel inlays on the handle. Their size is small and close to the size of an infant's feeding spoon. I've not been able to find anything like them online. I thought  they might have been used for caviar but read that caviar wouldn't be served using metal. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. The picture I've attached shows them beside a normal teaspoon.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

One possible way to better identify it would be to do an image search. Take a very good, well-lit photograph. It wouldn't hurt to maybe email that same picture to the publishers of a book on the value of spoons or maybe a shop that has sells collectors' spoons at a high volume...

Eh, nevermind...
Eh, nevermind...

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »
One possible way to better identify it would be to do an image search. Take a very good, well-lit photograph. It wouldn't hurt to maybe email that same picture to the publishers of a book on the value of spoons or maybe a shop that has sells collectors' spoons at a high volume...

I like the book idea. Google images was semi-helpful. An antiquities dealer is always a useful starting point.

My research has them pegged near $15 a spoon, but that seems a tad low, but just a tad.