Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284061 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1185 on: February 20, 2022, 04:17:07 PM »
5 hours for 1 show when Snoory is putting in a solid 5 hours a week. It would take a century to digitize all the old stuff.
I have virtually all, if not all of the classic stuff in mp3 format. Took ten years plus of full on collecting from every corner of the net. Many years ago, like 15-18 there was a platform called WinMX where I found a few hundred that kicked things off as far as my library goes. I think WinMX ia still around but it is very different now.. seems dark-web-ish or some shit.

I knew a paramedic who worked in the Alberta oil fields who had literally everything Art ever did. A whole lot of nothing to do while sitting around waiting for some rig-pig to injure himself so Art was his recipe for sanity and passing the time.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1186 on: March 10, 2022, 06:11:00 PM »
Anyone else noticed the U7 Radio feed of old Bell shows is down?  As far as I know, U7 was the last internet station continually playing old C2C/MitD shows.  I noticed it was off the air a couple days ago.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1187 on: March 10, 2022, 06:23:38 PM »
Anyone else noticed the U7 Radio feed of old Bell shows is down?  As far as I know, U7 was the last internet station continually playing old C2C/MitD shows.  I noticed it was off the air a couple days ago.

I was listening to it last night so I just checked and it’s working for me on tunein. “The very best of Art Bell (U7Radio.org)” on tunein. There’s one called “Advent Radio” that usually works. Another one called “Dreamland” works but is annoying on my device. When one show ends, the next some starts up at 2x or 3x speed.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1188 on: March 10, 2022, 06:27:56 PM »

You could try this. @Uncle Duke

https://tunein.com/radio/U7-Radio-s117562/

I'm listening now.  It's on TuneIn Radio.  Just click the pop-up player.

Looks like the U7 website prompts us for donations in order to have access.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1189 on: March 10, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »

It comes and goes. There’s an app called paranormalradio that has several art bell streams and like 30 other paranormal streams. Even coasttocoast.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1190 on: March 10, 2022, 06:35:14 PM »
OK, thanks everyone.  I have the XiiaLive app on my phone, but TuneIn on my tablet. I'll try the tablet tonight.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1191 on: March 10, 2022, 06:59:48 PM »
I listen on TuneIn as well... Did last night to go to sleep and drown out my tinnitus ring...

TuneIn has a few regular AB streams.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1192 on: March 10, 2022, 07:15:23 PM »
What was the point of Dreamland? It was just a condensed C2C on Sundays. I never liked the intro either. Also, Art speaks spoke different on Dreamland than on Coast. The whole thing was pointless! Should have just been, 'welcome to coast to coast am, Sunday'

Also, @Uncle Duke the Paranormal Radio App has about three 24/7 Art streams. If you're not into whatever is on one you can switch to another.  Or, I could send you 110 gigabytes worth of the motherload (but I didn't say that out loud)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1193 on: March 10, 2022, 07:27:08 PM »
Dreamland was just (plain and simple) MORE Art Bell.

Personally, I enjoyed it, having a Sunday night radio show. I was often returning home Sunday nights and I had something to listen to.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1194 on: March 10, 2022, 07:45:09 PM »
Dreamland was just (plain and simple) MORE Art Bell.

Personally, I enjoyed it, having a Sunday night radio show. I was often returning home Sunday nights and I had something to listen to.
Was at the derm today for a follow-up appt.  The tall Asian chick was there. Got a good look at her shoes and they looked really long like clown feet - guessing.. 13's :o.   Bit of a turn off but otherwise real hot ankles up.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1195 on: March 10, 2022, 09:52:59 PM »
Was at the derm today for a follow-up appt.  The tall Asian chick was there. Got a good look at her shoes and they looked really long like clown feet - guessing.. 13's :o.   Bit of a turn off but otherwise real hot ankles up.
Compound word:
Ladyboy
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1196 on: March 10, 2022, 11:19:55 PM »
What was the point of Dreamland? It was just a condensed C2C on Sundays. I never liked the intro either. Also, Art speaks spoke different on Dreamland than on Coast. The whole thing was pointless! Should have just been, 'welcome to coast to coast am, Sunday'
In the early to mid 1990s, Art's c2c was not paranormal stuff but just open lines with a lot of political talk, especially anti-Clinton.  His regular callers at that time were ones like "Doc Democrat" and "Charlie Liberal" etc.

So Art's Sunday Dreamland show was different than c2c then - and was paranormal topics with a guest interview and weekly reports from Linda Howe.
I think there was a predecessor to the Dreamland show was called "Area 2000" but I didn't know about that at the time.

Eventually Art got tired of politics talk during the week and gradually started introducing paranormal and other topics with guests during the week too.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1197 on: March 11, 2022, 11:43:49 AM »
Compound word:
Ladyboy
I'LL COMPOUND WORD YOUR ASS!

In the early to mid 1990s, Art's c2c was not paranormal stuff but just open lines with a lot of political talk, especially anti-Clinton.  His regular callers at that time were ones like "Doc Democrat" and "Charlie Liberal" etc.

So Art's Sunday Dreamland show was different than c2c then - and was paranormal topics with a guest interview and weekly reports from Linda Howe.
I think there was a predecessor to the Dreamland show was called "Area 2000" but I didn't know about that at the time.

Eventually Art got tired of politics talk during the week and gradually started introducing paranormal and other topics with guests during the week too.

Thank you @Morgus that sheds a light on it.  I have a bunch of the Area 2000 shows and I prefer Coast to them as well. Hmm, maybe it has something to do with "From the hiiigh desert!"

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1198 on: March 19, 2022, 09:31:31 PM »
I’m listening to this week’s SIT.  Remember cold fusion?

“Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 6/10/97 when Dr. Eugene Mallove spoke about cold fusion and free energy.”

Mallove is a fast talker, kind of sounds like a more sane Hoagland, although not by much. 

Since cold fusion ended up going nowhere, I was curious what Dr. Mallove was up to.  Hmmm... taking a dirt nap, apparently.  He was murdered in 2004.  :o

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Mallove

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1199 on: March 19, 2022, 11:06:07 PM »
I’m listening to this week’s SIT.  Remember cold fusion?

“Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 6/10/97 when Dr. Eugene Mallove spoke about cold fusion and free energy.”

Mallove is a fast talker, kind of sounds like a more sane Hoagland, although not by much. 

Since cold fusion ended up going nowhere, I was curious what Dr. Mallove was up to.  Hmmm... taking a dirt nap, apparently.  He was murdered in 2004.  :o

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Mallove

That's sad. I listened an hour.

I read a little of the external link... His "letter to the world."

I may have remembered this incident being talked about before. 
Eh, nevermind...