Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284037 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1935 on: August 23, 2023, 01:41:38 AM »
Do all copies have a test of the emergency broadcast system?
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Maybe 90 minutes in, maybe 150 minutes in...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1936 on: August 23, 2023, 10:13:23 AM »
Do all copies have a test of the emergency broadcast system?
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Maybe 90 minutes in, maybe 150 minutes in...

Are you tasking me to now listen to that show and report back? I'm curious now as to whether either of the two copies of that show that I have broadcast an emergency test system.

90 or 150 minutes in? That's quite the spread there, dude.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1937 on: August 23, 2023, 10:33:55 AM »
Are you tasking me to now listen to that show and report back? I'm curious now as to whether either of the two copies of that show that I have broadcast an emergency test system.

90 or 150 minutes in? That's quite the spread there, dude.

Heh, heh, heh... I know you're curious! 😈

I think it was taped from a Rochester, New York station...

😈😈😈😈
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1938 on: August 23, 2023, 02:18:10 PM »
Heh, heh, heh... I know you're curious! 😈

I think it was taped from a Rochester, New York station...

😈😈😈😈

Yeah I'll get to it. Dammit.

I have Art Bell OCD and it drives me nuts. There should be a C2C W Art Bell board game. I would do pretty well.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1939 on: August 23, 2023, 02:44:42 PM »
Hahahahaha!
Hahahahaha!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, @KSM. My trolling was completely uncalled for.

I was listening last night and the damn alert came on and I thought about you and your superior collection.
🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1940 on: August 23, 2023, 03:24:30 PM »
Hahahahaha!
Hahahahaha!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, @KSM. My trolling was completely uncalled for.

I was listening last night and the damn alert came on and I thought about you and your superior collection.
🙄🙄🙄
I am willing to bet that one of the files has the interuption you refer to. There are only so-many copies of various shows floating around out there.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1941 on: August 23, 2023, 03:36:03 PM »
I got sent a new restoration vst plugin to test drive and thought I would try it on a noisy Art clip from 1993.
I didn't speed correct the clip so Art will sound a little younger than he was but the results are pretty, pretty good..

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1942 on: August 23, 2023, 11:29:22 PM »
I got sent a new restoration vst plugin to test drive and thought I would try it on a noisy Art clip from 1993.
I didn't speed correct the clip so Art will sound a little younger than he was but the results are pretty, pretty good..

WOW. I liked that. It was pretty, pretty, pretty good! That's three Pretty's!

I'd like to hear an entire show like that. It in itself would be a collector item.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1943 on: August 24, 2023, 12:06:59 AM »
I have Art Bell OCD and it drives me nuts. There should be a C2C W Art Bell board game. I would do pretty well.

There was an entertaining BG thread imagining that, but without search available it would be like diving into a swamp.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1944 on: August 24, 2023, 02:38:39 AM »
Art's Ouija Board Story

Art never spilled on C2C but a HAM operator I know told me he DID outline the tale there, on those frequencies. Way he tells it, Art had writing and reflection on his mind because he was deep into selling (on C2C, not HAM) his second printing of "The Art of Talk" and this set him into a garrulous mood. Might have been around Halloween, I'm embarrassed I don't have the exact date. Anyway, this operator I know is a literary/man of letters type and a bit obsessed by Hemingway and Richard Francis Burton (the Brit polyglot adventurer who translated the Arabian Nights). He got in Art's ear about the library of Alexandria and how a huge chunk of Hemingway's work is lost (a misplaced suitcase) and also Burton's (his wife cremated everything after he died). After months he finally convinced Art to put down the Ouija story as a first draft only, and to send it his way. What I got (later) is a transcript (but I've seen pics of the actual letter) and I think some of the redactions are NOT original to Art (were done later).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/comments/tjd9l9/arts_ouija_board_story/

Did Art ever mention anything more on his Ouija Board story?

And how believable is the coffyrocket reddit thread? It is a good read.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1945 on: August 24, 2023, 07:40:05 AM »

If the clip was taken from one of those awful sounding shows floating around that was recorded onto tape off an AM radio station that is one amazing piece of software.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1946 on: August 24, 2023, 09:16:36 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/comments/tjd9l9/arts_ouija_board_story/

Did Art ever mention anything more on his Ouija Board story?

And how believable is the coffyrocket reddit thread? It is a good read.
The Ouija board story is something he would NEVER give up. Never did. Makes one (this one) wonder whether or not there really was any story at all.

I'll have to check that thread out, Bob.

There was an entertaining BG thread imagining that, but without search available it would be like diving into a swamp.
Huh. An Art Bell board game that would be a sort of Trivia game? @Smokin Hot Bob ? Cats as game pieces?  ;D  Back in earlier BG days (CoastGab) we were all AB nerds - or so it seemed.

@sean92008 I have the broadcast in question on right now (copy 2 - not out of Rochester) so we'll see. My guess is that there will be no alarm testing. Also, this copy is perfectly commercial edited. I may have been the guy who did the editing but cannot recall as I did a shit ton of that with a great many shows, and then put them back onto the net. Like throwing fish back.  :D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1947 on: August 24, 2023, 10:54:04 AM »
@KSM

Humm... A superior collection piece!

The EBS test alerts are usually locale-based, so that other recording shouldn't have it.

With Bart's VST, maybe it's time to do an updated and upgraded collection. No?

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1948 on: August 24, 2023, 01:56:31 PM »
@KSM

Humm... A superior collection piece!

The EBS test alerts are usually locale-based, so that other recording shouldn't have it.

With Bart's VST, maybe it's time to do an updated and upgraded collection. No?
Yeah, those things tend to be local of course and the file I heard today was without interruption.
I'll give the other one a listen at MY convenience. if it is the same Rochester broadcast, it will be apparent rather early in the show.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1949 on: August 24, 2023, 02:12:46 PM »
Yeah, those things tend to be local of course and the file I heard today was without interruption.
I'll give the other one a listen at MY convenience. if it is the same Rochester broadcast, it will be apparent rather early in the show.

So, when you're done this evening, we will know how much of a nightlife you have in Metro Denver
😁😁😁

Thanks for checking. Seriously.

While it wasn't the most enthralling show (Dan Aykroyd wasn't the most interesting one, it was his buddy), still, they interrupted a discussion with those tones.

Art did give his blessing to U7... Unless that was AIArt

Maybe AI-Audio, a la Peter Jackson's system, can finally fix all those ½ speed AM radio cassette recordings.  U7 dude said he level-balanced the recordings (eh, not all the shows), but a giant clean-up is due.

Eh, nevermind...