Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284024 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2055 on: October 23, 2023, 09:08:00 AM »
Whoop! +1 for the Limey. This is actually a pleasant little group over here. I must come by and spoil it more often

Yoko Ono’s influence is further reaching that I presumed before 😁
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2056 on: October 23, 2023, 09:42:23 AM »
Yoko Ono’s influence is further reaching that I presumed before 😁
She said we're a "pleasant group" Hahahahahahaha

Where the fawk is Bateman!!??

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2057 on: October 23, 2023, 05:23:20 PM »
I suppose it must be hard finding one that fits on your ear trumpet.

Lol.

It's a number of things.  When they first started coming out I worked at a software company, most of my friends there were engineers, were dead-set against another screen, so I didn't either.  A few years later when they were becoming very popular, I had broken up with someone who was still calling me all the time and I didn't want the electronic tether and be constantly available.

I started seeing people driving like shit while using them, staring into them while walking down the street, just the overall addiction, and didn't want that.  I still haven't figured out the constant attention, what people are doing with them seemingly for hours on end - whatever it is, it can wait until I get home.  I didn't want the obligation of reading texts and responding to them - I prefer face-to-face, or if it's really important enough go thru the extra trouble send me an email.

I've had companies I work for try to give me one.  It wasn't for my convenience.

My kids have them.  So do my parents.  Everyone I know does.  People are frustrated with me about his, but there's never been a day when I woke up and said ''I'm going to get a cell phone today''.   I get plenty of internet time in with my laptops, I guess it would be handy for ordering dinner for pick up on the way home, but that's about it.  Someday I'll wish I had one to get a Uber ride...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2058 on: October 23, 2023, 06:18:10 PM »
Lol.

It's a number of things.  When they first started coming out I worked at a software company, most of my friends there were engineers, were dead-set against another screen, so I didn't either.  A few years later when they were becoming very popular, I had broken up with someone who was still calling me all the time and I didn't want the electronic tether and be constantly available.

I started seeing people driving like shit while using them, staring into them while walking down the street, just the overall addiction, and didn't want that.  I still haven't figured out the constant attention, what people are doing with them seemingly for hours on end - whatever it is, it can wait until I get home.  I didn't want the obligation of reading texts and responding to them - I prefer face-to-face, or if it's really important enough go thru the extra trouble send me an email.

I've had companies I work for try to give me one.  It wasn't for my convenience.

My kids have them.  So do my parents.  Everyone I know does.  People are frustrated with me about his, but there's never been a day when I woke up and said ''I'm going to get a cell phone today''.   I get plenty of internet time in with my laptops, I guess it would be handy for ordering dinner for pick up on the way home, but that's about it.  Someday I'll wish I had one to get a Uber ride...

Haha.  Even I am not that bad.  I've got a TracPhone - it was dirt cheap and spends most of its time turned off. Its just a tool. If I need it, I turn it on.  I'll be damned if I'll have my life revolve around a phone.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #2059 on: October 24, 2023, 03:12:20 AM »

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2060 on: October 29, 2023, 06:54:47 PM »
Is there an alternate universe out there where George Noory started C2C, was replaced by Art Bell, with sites set up to complain about Art and everyone clamoring for the return of George?

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2061 on: October 29, 2023, 07:45:06 PM »
Is there an alternate universe out there where George Noory started C2C, was replaced by Art Bell, with sites set up to complain about Art and everyone clamoring for the return of George?
Even with near infinite alternate timelines/universes - there is zero of them where that happened...  8)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2062 on: November 01, 2023, 10:05:59 AM »
Who or what outfit has the entire Art catalogue, and why won't they release a sort of 1994 - 2004 'Box-Set' audio style? I end it at 04 because after that Ramona dies and he never sounded the same.

I wonder if Art had the ability/access to share such a thing with a person he liked. Like Andy, AKA Jazmunda who was a collector like I am.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2063 on: November 01, 2023, 11:57:28 AM »
Who or what outfit has the entire Art catalogue, and why won't they release a sort of 1994 - 2004 'Box-Set' audio style? I end it at 04 because after that Ramona dies and he never sounded the same.

I wonder if Art had the ability/access to share such a thing with a person he liked. Like Andy, AKA Jazmunda who was a collector like I am.

10 years ago or more, Norry said in a post on BellGab the tapes were stashed all over the office and that he would have someone digitize them and let people have access. 

I'm sure he's found them all, they're in great shape, and it's almost done.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2064 on: November 05, 2023, 08:12:49 AM »
Woke up at an ungodly early hour due to tool anger.  Anyways, made some great coffee and put on one of those Art Bell streams from paranormal radio app (Art Bell All Day)

There's that one and the U7. I rarely listen to them, but why is it that when I do.. it will suddenly skip to another show entirely without notice? So basically those fuckers even broadcast broken segments of shows as well as some full shows? It happens on both of the those apps.  This morning Art was in the middle of the discussion with the lady who knows all about the Mayan calendar, and then BAM! smack into the middle of Art talking about David Adair from another broadcast altogether, but he was referring to David Adair as Robert O. Dean!!?? Art would later apologize and clear things up.

I turned it off. No doubt that 4 minutes later another broken show started up.  ::)

I don't know how you guys do it.   :P

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2065 on: November 05, 2023, 08:50:40 AM »
@KSM - the only time I have that problem is when stuff gets stuck in a buffer. Usually it's with live radio, like Sports Talk Radio. Did you maybe pause it or something? So it's playing in a buffer and then it cuts off and goes to the current stream. I listened to Somewhere in Time last night on over-the-air Radio yesterday. That was the November 2nd 1995 episode where Vince Foster suicide letter was determined to be forged. Man, Art Bell had his s*** together and had a lot of ageless episodes because the clintons are still killing people. Hahaha!
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2066 on: November 05, 2023, 09:48:04 AM »
@KSM - the only time I have that problem is when stuff gets stuck in a buffer. Usually it's with live radio, like Sports Talk Radio. Did you maybe pause it or something? So it's playing in a buffer and then it cuts off and goes to the current stream. I listened to Somewhere in Time last night on over-the-air Radio yesterday. That was the November 2nd 1995 episode where Vince Foster suicide letter was determined to be forged. Man, Art Bell had his s*** together and had a lot of ageless episodes because the clintons are still killing people. Hahaha!
No, didn't hit pause. The phone was a few feet from me as I made coffee ETC. It's not that it does that every single time I've listened to an app, but it does happen, and at the weirdest times.

Yes. 1995. That and 1996 were fan-fucking-tastic years. Clinton INC, the Freeman standoff in Montana, Bob Dole, and so much more. 95-96 were the equivalent of a plane taking off on a great journey.  <Too much? Too nerdy?  :-\

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2067 on: November 09, 2023, 01:13:50 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2068 on: November 11, 2023, 09:37:58 PM »
After listening to several Ghost To Ghost episodes this season, I must say that 2003 might be the topper. Right outta the gate.. and throughout, it might very well be the best of them all.

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #2069 on: November 12, 2023, 03:43:41 AM »
I will visit Art next year for sure.
I'M ALPHA AF