Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 834001 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #675 on: September 25, 2018, 02:06:01 PM »
He doesn't mean to gloat?  Are you kidding?  Of course he does.  His constant mentioning of his naval career is nauseating. He doesn't pass up any chance to mention it if it has just the slightest connection to the guest or topic.
I suppose, yeah yeah he does that.  I volunteered for the State Patrol for a year in grade school, but I don't mention it to the officers risking their lives every day and night on the streets when I am pulled over!  I guess he has two valid points, that he did serve and that he could have been deployed.  But the overarching factor is that he was NOT deployed, and others in his group were, and some actually did end up giving their lives. Some things are okay to think, but not okay to say.  Because thinking them is human, but saying them is inhumane.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #676 on: September 25, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »
That's because as soon as he said it he realized he'd better start binge watching Bond films, but since has forgotten to.  He probably misplaced the post-it note or the cocktail napkin he wrote the reminder on.   ;)
Time wounds all heels!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #677 on: September 25, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
I suppose, yeah yeah he does that.  I volunteered for the State Patrol for a year in grade school, but I don't mention it to the officers risking their lives every day and night on the streets when I am pulled over!  I guess he has two valid points, that he did serve and that he could have been deployed.  But the overarching factor is that he was NOT deployed, and others in his group were, and some actually did end up giving their lives. Some things are okay to think, but not okay to say.  Because thinking them is human, but saying them is inhumane.

He quit right before the first Gulf War. He didn’t want to get called to active duty.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #678 on: September 25, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
He quit right before the first Gulf War. He didn’t want to get called to active duty.

Bingo.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2018, 02:22:05 AM »
I could be wrong but I think he was 40, with a 24-year old rather new wife.  Gee, 40 and combat would not be easy.

Did he quit or did his term end?

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:04 AM »
Art is gone ...
Heather is gone ...
MV is gone ...
BellGab is gone ...
George Noory Sucks is gone ...

All gone .... except George Noory.
George Noory wins ...
All you un-employable bubba types that listen to George all night, then get up at noon to go look for a job ... bitch and moan at George's success.
Hilarious !
George is the winner ...
Bubba yank your wiener.

As much as I hate to agree with Ace here, he does make a point

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #681 on: September 27, 2018, 01:37:20 AM »

I love the awkward silence when Jorch lets a military related guest know about his own military career. Like all his personal stories there really isn't any story. 'I was a Public Information officer in the Navy for 9 years. I left just a week before my unit was called up in the Gulf War under Schwartzkopf.'  The guest he had on was a Navy SEAL, what's he supposed to say to that other than 'uh ... hmmm .... (WTF)'. After the moment of awkward silence this guy said 'thanks for your service'.

Any normal human being who's been in the military but never been in combat or even done any overseas duty doesn't mention a thing to a veteran who has, I sure wouldn't, because it's kind of embarrassing, there's no point in doing it, we have completely different experiences. He's such an awkward man. Imagine interviewing a trauma surgeon or an oncologist and you greet him with 'I worked in a hospital, in the billing department. I was never in an operating room though.' The best part is he never leaves out the Schwartzkopf bit, I don't know what goes on his mostly vacant mind because he's already admitted he wasn't ever in action so what's the point of bringing up a famous general? Like somebody's going to be impressed 'So you're telling if you weren't a desk jockey stateside and had actually been a soldier that you'd have been in a fighting unit under General Schwartzkopf? How cool!'

Jorch is Ralph Wiggum

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #682 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
Art is gone ...
Heather is gone ...
MV is gone ...
BellGab is gone ...
George Noory Sucks is gone ...

All gone .... except George Noory.
George Noory wins ...
All you un-employable bubba types that listen to George all night, then get up at noon to go look for a job ... bitch and moan at George's success.
Hilarious !
George is the winner ...
Bubba yank your wiener.
George's success is wonderful.  I voted for him in the nominations, and I personally re-nominated him in writing for another round next year.

Hot Honey!

Excruciatingly Hot Honey!

But who wants to listen to public bumper music about a female doormat giving her best regards to her departing, rebounding man and begging for a last kiss (Petula Clark)...  Or songs that publicly mock and disparage a relationship (Send in the Clowns).  No one.  It is no wonder he has no known partnership.  The person would be rightfully embarrassed to be seen with him.

As often as not, I turn the crud off.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #683 on: September 27, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
Picking peppers and a few tomatoes, oddly the rain we've had and maybe cooler weather, finally got lots to fruit and since I liked Bill Cooper I figured I'd listen to the guest. Norry has no business commenting on Cooper, Art, or Longjohn. Maybe he has the years and shows up for work but that is about it. We will see about the guest, I don't like his link to his book is some internet hodge-podge of conspiracy posters and photos on some instagram and no text. Hopefully his biography is an actual book not some coffee-table book of photos....
ps: sure Norry McVeigh listened to Cooper but there was, even back then, limited things to listen to on SW, especially if one if off-the-grid in Elohim City with the infiltrators there & plants planning the bombing...kidding.  ;)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2018, 12:00:56 AM »
Picking peppers and a few tomatoes, oddly the rain we've had and maybe cooler weather, finally got lots to fruit and since I liked Bill Cooper I figured I'd listen to the guest. Norry has no business commenting on Cooper, Art, or Longjohn. Maybe he has the years and shows up for work but that is about it. We will see about the guest, I don't like his link to his book is some internet hodge-podge of conspiracy posters and photos on some instagram and no text. Hopefully his biography is an actual book not some coffee-table book of photos....
ps: sure Norry McVeigh listened to Cooper but there was, even back then, limited things to listen to on SW, especially if one if off-the-grid in Elohim City with the infiltrators there & plants planning the bombing...kidding.  ;)
Speaking of plants, you might not want to make sure your plants aren't conspiring!

expat

• KMST
    • The Emoluments of Mars
« Reply #685 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:54 AM »
LMH: "I understand that robots are responsible for may deaths on the N/S Korea border, and that it's a well-kept secret."

How well kept can it be if Linda knows about it?

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #686 on: September 28, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »
Norry is El Magnifico. . . .

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #687 on: September 28, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »
Norry is El Magnifico. . . .

ItsOver