Author Topic: The Occult  (Read 18640 times)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
The Occult
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
Anyone else here interested in this broad topic. Let me narrow down a few of my favorite topics and speakers or guests from shows.

Topics

John Dee
Rituals & Practices - in other words how to
Secret Societies and how they use the occult
The Occult in TV and literature
Symbolism
Ancient Languages & Societies and how they practiced the occult

Speakers

Tracy Twyman
Chris Knowles
Max Spears although is an all genre guy and sadly no longer with us
Dark Journalist on youtube gets into a lot of this stuff at times especially the Alice in Wonderland stuff
Michael Joseph

I could go on and on just wondered if there were other like minded people out here. Currently listening to Tracy Twyman talking to Alex from The Mega Aeon podcast on youtube.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
Re: The Occult
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:25:49 AM »
Secret Societies and the Occult
Chris Knowles 
Rituals and Practices

also how the Elite use the Occult

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
Anyone else here interested in this broad topic. Let me narrow down a few of my favorite topics and speakers or guests from shows.

Topics

John Dee
Rituals & Practices - in other words how to
Secret Societies and how they use the occult
The Occult in TV and literature
Symbolism
Ancient Languages & Societies and how they practiced the occult

Speakers

Tracy Twyman
Chris Knowles
Max Spears although is an all genre guy and sadly no longer with us
Dark Journalist on youtube gets into a lot of this stuff at times especially the Alice in Wonderland stuff
Michael Joseph

I could go on and on just wondered if there were other like minded people out here. Currently listening to Tracy Twyman talking to Alex from The Mega Aeon podcast on youtube.

So, this may be a silly question but here it is: When you say occult do you mean magical practices/beliefs? Or like any "religion" that doesn't fall into the big 6?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:49 AM »
So, this may be a silly question but here it is: When you say occult do you mean magical practices/beliefs? Or like any "religion" that doesn't fall into the big 6?
This is a fantastic question. Here's my take. Occult basically means hidden knowledge.
Definition:
1. supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.
2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or experience; mysterious.

These are just a couple of ways to define it. So yes it could be magical practices and beliefs as well as the organizations that hold them. I see it as a lot of the ancient civilizations held some very interesting beliefs and rituals. One of my favs is the whole alchemy thing where people were trying to turn lead into gold. That has a science edge to it but IMO so do some of the rituals. I don't know if that helped at all as it's a broad word.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
This is a fantastic question. Here's my take. Occult basically means hidden knowledge.
Definition:
1. supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.
2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or experience; mysterious.

These are just a couple of ways to define it. So yes it could be magical practices and beliefs as well as the organizations that hold them. I see it as a lot of the ancient civilizations held some very interesting beliefs and rituals. One of my favs is the whole alchemy thing where people were trying to turn lead into gold. That has a science edge to it but IMO so do some of the rituals. I don't know if that helped at all as it's a broad word.

Groovy! Thank you.

Very fun. I've personally gone through different phases of interest and beliefs. Usually I lose interest because of the need for actual ritual. I really dislike the ritualization of things. Like Wicca, tried that for awhile. Too regimented - might as well join a Catholic Church. 

I am way into the study of the practices of people and the reasons why they do what they do. So interesting. So much of it seems to be driven by similiar human motivations at the core through out time and place. We hate not knowing! Humans are always searching for answers given the tools they have available to them. And the intermingling of faith and science is always present. I wonder if you can truly have one without the other?

I look forward to seeing what's thrown around and discussed!

There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 12:25:38 PM »
Groovy! Thank you.

Very fun. I've personally gone through different phases of interest and beliefs. Usually I lose interest because of the need for actual ritual. I really dislike the ritualization of things. Like Wicca, tried that for awhile. Too regimented - might as well join a Catholic Church. 

I am way into the study of the practices of people and the reasons why they do what they do. So interesting. So much of it seems to be driven by similiar human motivations at the core through out time and place. We hate not knowing! Humans are always searching for answers given the tools they have available to them. And the intermingling of faith and science is always present. I wonder if you can truly have one without the other?

I look forward to seeing what's thrown around and discussed!
Well said. I personally think science is its own religion in a way. I think the two need to meet if we ever are really going to know what is going on within this reality. Reality is a strange word too. Yours and mine could greatly differ yet we both live within the same 3 dimensional plane. Could be a lot of fun once we get going here.

I like to study different practices. I was baptized Episcopalian but we barely ever went to church. I have studied some Buddhist teachings, some Wicca or Witchcraft in my early 20s (don't a lot of women?) and really have found nothing that suits me. I find the idea of being able to communicate with other beings fascinating and terrifying. I love to read about ancient rituals too. I'm all over the place. I will look up some of my favorite interests in the next few days and post about them. I like things that are tied to music as well. For example Jimmiy Page bought one of Aleister Crowley's old homes and was said to have a fascination with him. Makes me wonder what ole Crowley was teaching. Oh and deals with the Devil, love those stories too. Robert Johnson comes to mind.

Thanks for your interest and let's keep this going!

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »
Well said. I personally think science is its own religion in a way. I think the two need to meet if we ever are really going to know what is going on within this reality. Reality is a strange word too. Yours and mine could greatly differ yet we both live within the same 3 dimensional plane. Could be a lot of fun once we get going here.

I like to study different practices. I was baptized Episcopalian but we barely ever went to church. I have studied some Buddhist teachings, some Wicca or Witchcraft in my early 20s (don't a lot of women?) and really have found nothing that suits me. I find the idea of being able to communicate with other beings fascinating and terrifying. I love to read about ancient rituals too. I'm all over the place. I will look up some of my favorite interests in the next few days and post about them. I like things that are tied to music as well. For example Jimmiy Page bought one of Aleister Crowley's old homes and was said to have a fascination with him. Makes me wonder what ole Crowley was teaching. Oh and deals with the Devil, love those stories too. Robert Johnson comes to mind.

Oh yes! All those blues singers at the crossroads!

Crowley was a strange duck to say the least and he intersects with so many interesting other things and people in his time and ours. You could jump into that topic and never see the light of day!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »

actually we live in 4 dimensions our senses can detect. possibly more; i just looked at some science article on that this morning. ill try and find it.
/*edit*/
https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
Oh yes! All those blues singers at the crossroads!

Crowley was a strange duck to say the least and he intersects with so many interesting other things and people in his time and ours. You could jump into that topic and never see the light of day!
Yeah hours on Crowley. I am so excited there is a response. Other things I like is all the CERN could be occultic topic too! Links soon!
First video that got me into Tracy. Freeman is a little heavy Christian for me but a lot of his analysis is very good. Here she talks about contacting demons and how it ties into modern society.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 04:51:18 PM »
actually we live in 4 dimensions our senses can detect. possibly more; i just looked at some science article on that this morning. ill try and find it.
Awesome I can’t wait to read it! Thanks WR250!

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »
Awesome I can’t wait to read it! Thanks WR250!

/*edit*/ the 4 dimensions are height,length, depth (or width), and time.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 04:58:13 PM »

/*edit*/ the 4 dimensions are height,length, depth (or width), and time.
That was awesome! Love that kind of reading.

Here is a bit of Dark Journalist breaking down theosophy.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »

science is a religion IMO.
as far as deals with the devil , what about the "perfectly possessed" ?

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »
science is a religion IMO.
as far as deals with the devil , what about the "perfectly possessed" ?
Sure. Father Martin’s interview is a classic. Many hidden mysteries in The Vactican too! I think possession can exist with mental illness or without. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 05:31:33 AM »
I am listening to Tracy Twyman on Occulture podcast. I like this podcast overall. She is discussing her connection to QANON in an esoteric way. It's truly enlightening.
https://www.occulturepodcast.com/