Poll

This is a real scenario.  Regarding the salutation, "Have a nice day", GD believes

It is polite.
0 (0%)
It is too commanding.
0 (0%)
It is juvenile.
0 (0%)
No one actually means it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Living With Grandma's Daughter  (Read 25422 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Living With Grandma's Daughter
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2019, 12:08:01 AM »
Sofiawolf you are a wellspring of information any aging person ought to know but is terrified of knowing!

To wit - this article on how the aging and temporarily inform are LOOTED of there assets by the guardianship, a state-sponsored industry:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/09/how-the-elderly-lose-their-rights

How the Elderly Lose Their Rights
Guardians can sell the assets and control the lives of senior citizens without their consent—and reap a profit from it.

By Rachel AvivOctober 2, 2017

XXXXXX!!!!WARNING!!!XXXXXXXXXXXX

This should be read by elders AND their children before the looting progresses into the court system!
That was very sad. 

There is a non-profit watchdog organization called NASGA, the National Association to Stop Guardianship Abuse.  They are always accepting donations & they do great work on behalf of (usually elderly) citizens.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2019, 12:14:05 AM »
GD was arrested for civil disobedience today.  That is good, so when I have to call when she gets out of control, there will already be an arrest on her record.

She cares about the environment & was part of a team trying to limit the local footprint of big oil.  It was nice of her to volunteer, but I wish she'd leave the arrests for younger people or at least people who aren't on prescription medicine.  But, the jailers treated her nicely.   Evidently her arms would not go all the way behind her back, so they put a chain between them.

She said next time, she is going to wrap her wrists beforehand so that the metal isn't directly on her skin.  Next time???

One protester was so elderly his arms would not go behind his back at all, so they couldn't cuff him.  All were processed in hours and released without bail for pending arraignments.

I had tried to convince her to stop short of being arrested, but she said her arrest was needed, because other younger people can't risk arrest if they want to keep their jobs.  I'm just glad they treated her well & that she was part of a team.  She's a bear, but I don't wish her harm.  I've seen her horoscope.  The way she is, is the way she is.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2019, 02:16:41 AM »
GD was arrested for civil disobedience today.  That is good, so when I have to call when she gets out of control, there will already be an arrest on her record.

She cares about the environment & was part of a team trying to limit the local footprint of big oil.  It was nice of her to volunteer, but I wish she'd leave the arrests for younger people or at least people who aren't on prescription medicine.  But, the jailers treated her nicely.   Evidently her arms would not go all the way behind her back, so they put a chain between them.

She said next time, she is going to wrap her wrists beforehand so that the metal isn't directly on her skin.  Next time???

One protester was so elderly his arms would not go behind his back at all, so they couldn't cuff him.  All were processed in hours and released without bail for pending arraignments.

I had tried to convince her to stop short of being arrested, but she said her arrest was needed, because other younger people can't risk arrest if they want to keep their jobs.  I'm just glad they treated her well & that she was part of a team.  She's a bear, but I don't wish her harm.  I've seen her horoscope.  The way she is, is the way she is.

I hope they at least carpooled to the event.
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2019, 08:24:38 AM »
;D !
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2019, 08:46:18 AM »

Devious... ::)

She cares about the environment & was part of a team trying to limit the local footprint of big oil.

Wot, are they slant drilling Puyallup or sumpin?

Sheesh...

It was nice of her to volunteer, but I wish she'd leave the arrests for younger people or at least people who aren't on prescription medicine.  But, the jailers treated her nicely.   Evidently her arms would not go all the way behind her back, so they put a chain between them.

Classy...

Luddites never quit, until the lights go out and the store shelves empty...

A total waste of time and resources. >:(

Check your horrorscope and see what we replace diesel fuel, plastics, and everything else that makes this matrix run with...mmm'k? ::) ::) ::)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2019, 10:28:49 PM »
Lol, in their hybrid electric cars, tee hee.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2019, 10:33:04 PM »
Devious... ::)

Wot, are they slant drilling Puyallup or sumpin?

Sheesh...

Classy...

Luddites never quit, until the lights go out and the store shelves empty...

A total waste of time and resources. >:(

Check your horrorscope and see what we replace diesel fuel, plastics, and everything else that makes this matrix run with...mmm'k? ::) ::) ::)
You had me at devious...  Wait, what?  I'm just an observer!

I would have preferred if she chose natural gas, since homes and bike paths have been exploding and since I believe California has had perpetual leaks affecting air quality for thousands of miles...  but she did not choose natural gas.  She chose big oil.  Big oil, I think, is responsible for not just gas, but plastic everything, like even plastic bags.  And I think a lot of recycled or purified petroleum products go into cosmetics.  Almost everything is plastic.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »
Look, what's it gonna take? She's (GD) now being arrested and you're sleeping in the same residence as her. I've seen this in movies @Sofia and things get rough! Screaming, running through the halls, hair pulling, heads dunked in toilets, scissors, OMG SCISSORS!!!!

GET THE FUCK, OUT!!!

I'm still willing to move you to Atlanta!! That's where that fucking chair is!!!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2019, 10:21:17 AM »
Look, what's it gonna take? She's (GD) now being arrested and you're sleeping in the same residence as her. I've seen this in movies @Sofia and things get rough! Screaming, running through the halls, hair pulling, heads dunked in toilets, scissors, OMG SCISSORS!!!!

GET THE FUCK, OUT!!!

I'm still willing to move you to Atlanta!! That's where that fucking chair is!!!
Thank you.  I wouldn't be able to take the heat.  GD is a wimp.  Hasn't exercised in years.  Even in one of her adrenaline-fueled rages, I have quite an advantage and I'm (hope she never sees this) 10X smarter in action.  I am lucky she is a bleed risk, so she probably won't go for sharp objects.  A big saving grace, here. 

I've learned to let her get wound up & just feed the demon a little.  Keeps things predictable.  It was when she went after the bedroom door that I learned she doesn't have much stamina, and not much strength.  It was good to know.

The biggest danger actually is that she slanders.  Nevermind that her various stories contradict each other.

She has not received her team civil disobedience sentence yet; could be just a fine or a little jail or both.  Or, depending on the judge, could be a hefty fine & significant jail time.  Hmmm... 

It has been a frustrating start to the week.  One day, she came home a day earlier than I expected & stayed a day longer than I had understood.  But now, she is taking a short trip so I'll have several days of peace.  I plan to pull out my summer clothes and keep boxing up winter ones.  In peace.

Have you ever noticed old women often have a lot of shoes they never wear?  Shoes are a difficult thing to let go of.  I've had to let go of a lot of pretty or quality shoes, some barely worn.  But, better to let them go than be an old lady with 20 shoes on the back of her door that don't fit.  By the time a woman is 50, she's probably acquired a lot of trends and a lot of tastes.  That can lead to a real loss of grace and difficulties being satisfied if one isn't careful. 

Do you think Bart Ell could be Liberace?  I mean, if you don't want to put too much energy into patrollllling… why not give trolllls their own space??  I'm not sure their in the same age bracket, though.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »
Thank you.  I wouldn't be able to take the heat.  GD is a wimp.  Hasn't exercised in years.  Even in one of her adrenaline-fueled rages, I have quite an advantage and I'm (hope she never sees this) 10X smarter in action.  I am lucky she is a bleed risk, so she probably won't go for sharp objects.  A big saving grace, here. 

I've learned to let her get wound up & just feed the demon a little.  Keeps things predictable.  It was when she went after the bedroom door that I learned she doesn't have much stamina, and not much strength.  It was good to know.

The biggest danger actually is that she slanders.  Nevermind that her various stories contradict each other.

She has not received her team civil disobedience sentence yet; could be just a fine or a little jail or both.  Or, depending on the judge, could be a hefty fine & significant jail time.  Hmmm... 

It has been a frustrating start to the week.  One day, she came home a day earlier than I expected & stayed a day longer than I had understood.  But now, she is taking a short trip so I'll have several days of peace.  I plan to pull out my summer clothes and keep boxing up winter ones.  In peace.

Have you ever noticed old women often have a lot of shoes they never wear?  Shoes are a difficult thing to let go of.  I've had to let go of a lot of pretty or quality shoes, some barely worn.  But, better to let them go than be an old lady with 20 shoes on the back of her door that don't fit.  By the time a woman is 50, she's probably acquired a lot of trends and a lot of tastes.  That can lead to a real loss of grace and difficulties being satisfied if one isn't careful. 

Do you think Bart Ell could be Liberace?  I mean, if you don't want to put too much energy into patrollllling… why not give trolllls their own space??  I'm not sure their in the same age bracket, though.
...their, their, Jackstar… just breathe!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »

I'm starting to think you could beat up most of the male posters here.

So ok, this silliness of Bart and MV being the same person have to stop. It's ridiculous.

Back on COASTGAB in 2013 into 2014 @Bart Ell  and I exchanged several PM's regarding a certain hard rock metal band from a certain country that is not the US! He Bart actually hooked me up with a file I was looking for.  We also discussed Bart's old landlord back when Bart really wanted to BE SOMEBODY while living in California at the time!!! These were things that MV would have no interest in nor would he have had any fucking idea what I was talking about in said PM's!! There are many other things as well that simple deduction explains so C'mon, You're better than this moronic speculation that belongs over on the other place.

Sheeshuss

Stop It!!

now please let go of my penis

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2019, 01:01:16 AM »
I'm starting to think you could beat up most of the male posters here.

So ok, this silliness of Bart and MV being the same person have to stop. It's ridiculous.

Back on COASTGAB in 2013 into 2014 @Bart Ell  and I exchanged several PM's regarding a certain hard rock metal band from a certain country that is not the US! He Bart actually hooked me up with a file I was looking for.  We also discussed Bart's old landlord back when Bart really wanted to BE SOMEBODY while living in California at the time!!! These were things that MV would have no interest in nor would he have had any fucking idea what I was talking about in said PM's!! There are many other things as well that simple deduction explains so C'mon, You're better than this moronic speculation that belongs over on the other place.

Sheeshuss

Stop It!!

now please let go of my penis
I hadn't realized others were speculating too.  Okay, it was a long shot.   They say sex is all in the head.  Maybe defense is, too.  I was reaching for my thumb drive.

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2019, 09:20:23 AM »
I hadn't realized others were speculating too.  Okay, it was a long shot.   They say sex is all in the head.  Maybe defense is, too.  I was reaching for my thumb drive.

Does it vibrate?
not well-liked, but right

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2019, 01:51:47 AM »
Does it vibrate?
Not in this thread, it doesn't!

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE