Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116430 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2019, 06:08:00 PM »
Thanks FISH. I did get the flu shot. First time because I had that horrible influenza last year. I never thought the flu shots seemed particularly effective. I could be wrong. But it certainly didn't do anything for this nastiness.

You need to find the old Vicks vapo-rub that still has naptha and turpentine in it (look at estate sales  ;) ) And wrap up, have a hot toddie, or a shot of brandy or some such, and then sleep in, and awake "all good." Chicken soup or etc ham, oxtail, etc (bone broth) are also good.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2019, 07:00:36 PM »

You need to find the old Vicks vapo-rub that still has naptha and turpentine in it (look at estate sales  ;) ) And wrap up, have a hot toddie, or a shot of brandy or some such, and then sleep in, and awake "all good." Chicken soup or etc ham, oxtail, etc (bone broth) are also good.
LOL--naptha and turpentine have a long history.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2019, 07:01:13 PM »
another OT?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2019, 12:48:18 AM »
I had to take a long nap before the AFC game so I just finished it awhile ago. Another rock'em sock'em football game but I am a little disappointed. It's going to be a great Super Bowl but the Rams and Chiefs would have been really fun with the three puppies and one wily old dog. Maybe next year. I think we're seeing the beginning of two dynasties in LA and KC. At least I have two weeks to fully recover so I can enjoy the Big Game with a Modelo Negro

Thanks for the well wishes. I am beginning to crawl down the road to recovery. Sadly, (or thankfully) @albrecht , I don't have any old style VapoRub at hand. But sounds like something I might have in the garage to strip paint. I have found Chinese herbs to be really effective. Pe Min Kan Wan for the sinuses; Chuan Xin Lian for antiviral antibacterial; Honey Loquat Syrup for cough and sore throat. I usually keep them on hand during flu season. Usually. Of, course not this time. This nasty little bug hit really hard and fast but I believe I will live

Now let the Super Bowl hoopla begin!
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
I had to take a long nap before the AFC game so I just finished it awhile ago. Another rock'em sock'em football game but I am a little disappointed. It's going to be a great Super Bowl but the Rams and Chiefs would have been really fun with the three puppies and one wily old dog. Maybe next year. I think we're seeing the beginning of two dynasties in LA and KC. At least I have two weeks to fully recover so I can enjoy the Big Game with a Modelo Negro

Thanks for the well wishes. I am beginning to crawl down the road to recovery. Sadly, (or thankfully) @albrecht , I don't have any old style VapoRub at hand. But sounds like something I might have in the garage to strip paint. I have found Chinese herbs to be really effective. Pe Min Kan Wan for the sinuses; Chuan Xin Lian for antiviral antibacterial; Honey Loquat Syrup for cough and sore throat. I usually keep them on hand during flu season. Usually. Of, course not this time. This nasty little bug hit really hard and fast but I believe I will live

Now let the Super Bowl hoopla begin!
In two weeks time, you will be feeling so much better. Just in time for some Super Bowl hoopla. Past vs Future for this Super bowl game. The Patriots (13-5) are back for the third straight time — they lost to Philly last year. Back to the dog reference, Philly had the hungry dogs and won.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »
The Super Bowl off week is the WORST. If feels so strange with a weekend with no football.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
The Super Bowl off week is the WORST. If feels so strange with a weekend with no football.

Totally agree. Then months and months before September. However shall we survive?  :'(

At least in another week I should be up for chips and salsa and Modelo Negro. That makes me thankful it's not tomorrow

Btw. Good to see you @Zetaspeak .  Go Rams!

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2019, 11:15:33 PM »
Totally agree. Then months and months before September. However shall we survive?  :'(

At least in another week I should be up for chips and salsa and Modelo Negro. That makes me thankful it's not tomorrow

Btw. Good to see you @Zetaspeak .  Go Rams!
Bump +1 for "Go Rams! ;D

Baseball, Sister.  I know, it's gentler, but just as competitive.  Besides.  It's better than nothing. ;)
Luv ya, Sis. :-*

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2019, 11:32:34 AM »
Bump +1 for "Go Rams! ;D

Baseball, Sister.  I know, it's gentler, but just as competitive.  Besides.  It's better than nothing. ;)
Luv ya, Sis. :-*

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:56 PM »
Looks like The White Nationalists Won !!

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1091886551699738624

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2019, 12:20:06 AM »
'Merica

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »
'Merica

Every Super Bowl I wonder the same thing.  How much could you get for those original strips of confetti on Ebay?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:08 AM »
Every Super Bowl I wonder the same thing.  How much could you get for those original strips of confetti on Ebay?

Every Super Bowl, I wonder if the Detroit Lions will get there before I die?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »
Every Super Bowl, I wonder if the Detroit Lions will get there before I die?

You had a chance before you went Full Falkie
Are we having fun yet?

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
All this winning makes a man weary.........

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]