Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274728 times)

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:38 AM »
Art won me 24 quid on the Grand National yesterday :)

One for Arthur - saw him in the line up and thought I had to .. and he finished 6th and as I had an each way bet I got paid!

Also got paid for 2nd place as well (84 quid!)

Thanks Art!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2019, 07:27:08 AM »

One for Arthur - saw him in the line up and thought I had to .. and he finished 6th and as I had an each way bet I got paid!

Thanks Art!
@DynamoHum - I also enjoy playing the horses. You did great yesterday. Thanks to Arthur and friend. :)
84 Pound sterling equals $109.52 United States Dollar

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2019, 07:40:00 AM »
Would all of Art's old shows be on tape? Doesn't the quality degrade over time? I hope someone is saving this stuff. It would be a damn shame if these were lost.

As we know, the shows themselves belong to Premrat.  When MW interviewed Noory he said the tapes were at the studio, kept loose and randomly in drawers and cabinets, and then promised to gather them up, digitize them, and make them available.  Of course nothing's been done.  At some point no doubt what hasn't already been lost will be thrown away.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #348 on: April 07, 2019, 08:39:06 AM »
As we know, the shows themselves belong to Premrat.  When MW interviewed Noory he said the tapes were at the studio, kept loose and randomly in drawers and cabinets, and then promised to gather them up, digitize them, and make them available.  Of course nothing's been done.  At some point no doubt what hasn't already been lost will be thrown away.

There's always the much touted Ultimate Art Bell compilation torrent, 62 gigs of it.

Audio quality allegedly varies but is acceptable ftmp.

Or one can lurk the daily stream and record away:

https://www.streamfinder.com/streaming-radio/the-very-best-of-art-bell-u7radio-org/40045/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #349 on: April 07, 2019, 08:42:03 AM »
@anniem , I walked by "The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade" this morning. I read your comment. You must have been reading my mind. I don’t want to remember Art Bell in a HW topic. It is almost the same has having the AB bench noting HW’s name.  April 13th will be here soon. I listening to an Art Bell show as I write my comment. I know that the podcast this weekend will be focusing on Art Bell, as it should be.

PS/ @Starman2018 , let us remember Art Bell, the radio host. I am aware that Art was not a perfect person. However, we will remember his art of talk.

Perfect @FISH. You are right. Years and years of entertainment, great shows. The end (her) was a mere speck of irrelevency.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #350 on: April 07, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
Perfect @FISH. You are right. Years and years of entertainment, great shows. The end (her) was a mere speck of irrelevency.

And yet the impact of that speck is measured here in the thousands of pages. Ironic, no?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #351 on: April 07, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »
Tough crowd. Just a thought anyway.

:-\

The idea is really good, just would be difficult. 1+

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #352 on: April 07, 2019, 09:04:26 AM »
Thanks Art!

Fun!
I've not done that in many years. All better if you win, congrats!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #353 on: April 07, 2019, 09:08:30 AM »
And yet the impact of that speck is measured here in the thousands of pages. Ironic, no?

Warching a train wreck, no?  The minions, etc. Lots of posts completely unrelated.

I wonder how much more there is beyond that Ultimate collection

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
Warching a train wreck, no?  The minions, etc. Lots of posts completely unrelated.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I wonder how much more there is beyond that Ultimate collection

Same here, it's been out for a while without substantive updates though, so... ???

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #355 on: April 07, 2019, 09:30:26 AM »

Same here, it's been out for a while without substantive updates though, so... ???

About how long? I didn't hear about it unil a few months ago.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #356 on: April 07, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »
About how long? I didn't hear about it unil a few months ago.
Found it about three years or so back.

The description says,"a total of 1337 shows from December 1992 until November 2013" and it has extras like an audio book of "The Art of Talk", After Dark newsletters from 1995, some Phil Hendrie parodies of Art and so on.

Bart prefers no links on this one due to copyright violation, so how you search it out is up to you. :-X

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #357 on: April 07, 2019, 10:17:44 AM »
Found it about three years or so back.

The description says,"a total of 1337 shows from December 1992 until November 2013" and it has extras like an audio book of "The Art of Talk", After Dark newsletters from 1995, some Phil Hendrie parodies of Art and so on.

Bart prefers no links on this one due to copyright violation, so how you search it out is up to you. :-X

Too bad it isn't for sale. I'd buy it.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #358 on: April 07, 2019, 10:26:12 AM »
Too bad it isn't for sale. I'd buy it.

As would I. But you can still stream Art all day and night on tunein or the very useful and diverse Paranormal Radio App:

It's available in the Googoo Play store as well as for Apple. There are a few dozen streamed programs, Clyde Lewis's being one of the better ones.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #359 on: April 07, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »
As would I. But you can still stream Art all day and night on tunein or the very useful and diverse Paranormal Radio App:

It's available in the Googoo Play store as well as for Apple. There are a few dozen streamed programs, Clyde Lewis's being one of the better ones.

We're giving the tinein a try, thank you. Have heard Clyde Lewis's name, but not the show.