Author Topic: Dark Matter Digital Network  (Read 4020 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Dark Matter Digital Network
« on: January 25, 2020, 05:56:56 AM »
How do the rest of you like the new schedule roulette format?  On the good side, it gives a greater chance of finding one of the "partner programs" -- but most of them could be accessed on archive independently of DMDN anyway.  On the bad side, you can't count on finding any particular program you like.  For me it stinks, unless Mr. Rowland can explain a way of detangling it.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
Re: Dark Matter Digital Network
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 07:34:14 PM »
How do the rest of you like the new schedule roulette format?  On the good side, it gives a greater chance of finding one of the "partner programs" -- but most of them could be accessed on archive independently of DMDN anyway.  On the bad side, you can't count on finding any particular program you like.  For me it stinks, unless Mr. Rowland can explain a way of detangling it.

I'm not a fan at all. I went looking for Military X-Files and MQTA and didn't find either one. IMO those are the best two shows, after MitD, on DMDN.

I'm lazy. If I can listen on DMDN, I won't go looking for those shows.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 05:37:34 AM »
Some would say it is like walking through a Sears in 2020.
I would not know as I have no interest in walking through a Sears in 2020.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:43:59 AM »
I too am lazy.  And yes, DMDN aggregates content something like the way a Sears store would.  It's a combination of Mr. Rowland's quality-of-content endorsement or an "if you like" suggestion.  Sure, once we know about it, we can go get most of these things on our own, but it'd be nice to have a schedule, rather than being a Sears store that keeps moving the goods around the floor on each of several floors.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 06:24:07 AM »

There is no Sears store left around here anymore so I'm stuck with dollar tree. Every time I click on the darkmatter player, dragongkingdark starts playing.

I don't want to listen to that.
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 06:45:56 AM »
I too am lazy.  And yes, DMDN aggregates content something like the way a Sears store would. 

Not the point I was making with Sears.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 06:46:21 AM »
There is no Sears store left around here anymore

Closer to the point I was making with Sears.

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 08:17:53 AM »
I hate the new looping format and I wrote him a couple of emails expressing my dislike of the new format and that I hoped it would be put back the way it was.  He answered that he needed to reduce his schedule  so this was going to be the way it is from now on. 

What I liked about DMDN is that I can put it on at midnight when I go to bed to listen to MITD and leave it there the whole night and listen to all the shows as I wake up and hopefully fall back asleep over the course of the night.  (I don't sleep well.)  With the 3 or so shows repeating, I basically ended up listening to them all over the course of the night.

I also liked to listen to MQTA with their Facebook group and comment along with Adrian, Heather, Michelle... and we all have not been able to listen live together.  :(   My other fav shows are Frightday, Military X-Files, and Astronomy Cast.  I hate Dragonking and Solaris Blue Raven is a total whackadoodle. 
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »

Noting better than a form-fitting pair of electric blue flex jeans from Sears.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »
Closer to the point I was making with Sears.
Oh.  I thought the point was, who needs to walk around a store, when you can get a wider selection, searching ability, and random access buying online, either from a single retailer like Amazon or just surfing for bargains?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 07:47:02 PM »
I hate the new looping format and I wrote him a couple of emails expressing my dislike of the new format and that I hoped it would be put back the way it was.  He answered that he needed to reduce his schedule so this was going to be the way it is from now on.
His schedule, meaning his personal work schedule?  I don't understand how this dual-loop format does that.  Does it reduce the amount of time he has to be in attendance to do manual switchovers?
What I liked about DMDN is that I can put it on at midnight when I go to bed to listen to MITD and leave it there the whole night and listen to all the shows as I wake up and hopefully fall back asleep over the course of the night.  (I don't sleep well.)  With the 3 or so shows repeating, I basically ended up listening to them all over the course of the night.

I also liked to listen to MQTA with their Facebook group and comment along with Adrian, Heather, Michelle... and we all have not been able to listen live together.  :(   My other fav shows are Frightday, Military X-Files, and Astronomy Cast.  I hate Dragonking and Solaris Blue Raven is a total whackadoodle.
Your taste in these matters is similar to mine.

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »
His schedule, meaning his personal work schedule?  I don't understand how this dual-loop format does that.  Does it reduce the amount of time he has to be in attendance to do manual switchovers?Your taste in these matters is similar to mine.

I took it as he is reducing his personal workload.  This is exactly what he wrote:

"I'm sorry to say, that's the way it is going to be from now on, I have to reduce my schedule, so it is easier to lump all the shows together and play all week, replacing them as they release new episodes, than to have to configure a time critical schedule every day. Some shows don't produce every week, and I have to search for a replay, etc etc.

For those programs you like to listen to, they all offer some sort of website and/or podcast feed of their show. I suggest you try that out, and it would be available at your convenience.

Best Regards,
Keith Rowland"
--
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2020, 12:19:39 AM »
I took it as he is reducing his personal workload.  This is exactly what he wrote:

"I'm sorry to say, that's the way it is going to be from now on, I have to reduce my schedule, so it is easier to lump all the shows together and play all week, replacing them as they release new episodes, than to have to configure a time critical schedule every day. Some shows don't produce every week, and I have to search for a replay, etc etc.

For those programs you like to listen to, they all offer some sort of website and/or podcast feed of their show. I suggest you try that out, and it would be available at your convenience.

Best Regards,
Keith Rowland"
--
  Yeah.  Well.  Fuck that guy.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 01:11:45 PM »

Best Regards,
Keith Rowland"
Thanks, Mata Hari, for passing that along, and thanks, Mr. Rowland, if you're reading this, that's very unselfish of you.  Now, see, if you were Ms. Wade, you'd've been figuring out how to tell people they should not search for alternatives even if you weren't working!

What's the problem, Paladin?  It's not as if he'd left subscribers on the hook for a show.  He passed along these shows for a long time after aggregating them into a schedule, thereby making us aware of them, and now encourages us to do the same as individuals.  I did think DMDN had a great schedule, but we got it for bupkis, so it's not like we have any investment.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »
Noting better than a form-fitting pair of electric blue flex jeans from Sears.

Funny, when the Sears a few miles north of me finally gave up the ghost, I thought jeans and slacks would be my big clearance sale find.

I was hopeful that the Roebucks jeans would be the best find as online reviewers said that they were made in Mexico alongside Levi's jeans...  I got there and they were paper thin. At the discounted price, they were the same as the Costco jeans at $13.

Sears deserved to go out of business years ago.

In a month, I believe that there will be only one Sears left in San Diego County. Good riddance to the corporation. It's unfortunate that those who really tried and worked hard in their jobs don't have them anymore. 
Eh, nevermind...