Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274714 times)

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2018, 12:13:46 AM »
Human cockroach.  Trying to steal some of the magic with his BS statements. Thanks for making clear what I believe, most here already 'knew.'

Church just gives off that vibe as someone who thinks he's cool and edgy and he's neither. There's nothing genuine about him. Total wannabe

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2018, 12:41:05 AM »
Until he decided to be George Noory’s fill-in host, he cut the ties with us. Contrary to Jimmy saying he spoke with Art everyday, the only time Jimmy and Art spoke is when I conferenced them together and they argued about Jimmy going on C2C. Art hated Premiere, as soon as Jimmy showed any interest is C2C and GN, they never spoke again, AFAIK.

This oujia board stunt is just showing another attempt at sucking up to Art’s fans.

Keith, your recounting of working with Art was fascinating.  You come across as a level-headed and extremely patient man.  Sure had a lot of challenges to contend with over the years.

Art was fortunate to have you.

KRowland

• VARAfied
  • KMST
  • The Webmaster
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2018, 01:16:17 AM »
Keith, your recounting of working with Art was fascinating.  You come across as a level-headed and extremely patient man.  Sure had a lot of challenges to contend with over the years.

Art was fortunate to have you.
Thank you for recognizing that fact. I needed to balance business profitability with dealing with egocentric people, and tried to produce the best product for the fans.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2018, 01:49:50 AM »
... Do we know if he's going to stay as a fill-in host once he starts teaching at K-State in the fall?

I wonder which Ian the students get.  I feel sorry for them if it's the one we've been getting

KRowland

• VARAfied
  • KMST
  • The Webmaster
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2018, 02:10:24 AM »
I'm happy that we did this tribute show and you all appreciated it. After listening to the recording, I see that I spoke very fast, but I knew I had a lot to say in a small amount of time. Glad to do the 4th hour, and could have done a 5th. So some day I could talk about more about Art and the behind the scenes business of running this show.

However I covered most of the issues, maybe not in a complete way, but hopefully enough to express the happenings behind the scenes.

I really want to fade back into the background and help Dave carry the show into the future.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2018, 02:33:03 AM »
I'm happy that we did this tribute show and you all appreciated it. After listening to the recording, I see that I spoke very fast, but I knew I had a lot to say in a small amount of time. Glad to do the 4th hour, and could have done a 5th. So some day I could talk about more about Art and the behind the scenes business of running this show.

However I covered most of the issues, maybe not in a complete way, but hopefully enough to express the happenings behind the scenes.

I really want to fade back into the background and help Dave carry the show into the future.
One question I always wondered, if you'd be able and feel comfortable answering is, were you worried about the legalities if the whole area 51 thing had went down and then backfired in some horrible way? I really enjoyed your segment!

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2018, 07:07:16 AM »
Keith didn't imply that the stalker was a hoax at all.  In fact he mentioned someone who he thought was that person, a local in Pahrump that wanted Art to advertise his product on MITD, but Art refused since he believed it was junk so that angered the guy.
That fits with what Karen had said when Dave interviewed her after Art died and she mentioned some crazy guy also hanging around the station giving her trouble.
Huh!  I'd've thought that Art would've loved to tell that story, just leaving out the name.

But now, just  few months after I'd finally decided it was a hoax, you've given me something to make me doubt my doubt.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2018, 07:18:14 AM »
I liked Ian when he first started guest-hosting on C2C in the early 00s I think. He seemed original, had some fresh content and angles for the show, was a change of pace and didn't copy Art, which was good. But after a few years he just wore me down with his too-cool-for-school type approach, laughing at his own remarks and one-liners, getting combative with guests he didn't agree with rather than let them present their topic/research, and he just seemed to get sillier and sillier in his approach. I'm all for switching it up and having fun with the show from time to time, a walk on the lighter side, but Ian just became a caricature of himself IMO.
I went along on the ride and actually liked where it went even better than where it started!

I have bad taste.  I remember a period when I thought of David Brudnoy on WBZ, good, he's developing a harder edge.  Actually he was then very sick & crabby, we found out later.  I liked when Brian Lehrer on WNYC started being a bit mean, at least compared to his former style; it was a noticeable, deliberate shift.  But Leonard Lopate was always a jerk.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »
I'm happy that we did this tribute show and you all appreciated it. After listening to the recording, I see that I spoke very fast, but I knew I had a lot to say in a small amount of time. Glad to do the 4th hour, and could have done a 5th.
Funny, because at the end you sounded a little punchy, approximately, "Which button do I press [to start the Fright Day replay]?"  Maybe it's just that you were keyed-up.  Whatever, I enjoyed it, thanks.

Petepistolwhip

• KIDD
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »
All hail Keith.

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »
I went along on the ride and actually liked where it went even better than where it started!

I have bad taste.  I remember a period when I thought of David Brudnoy on WBZ, good, he's developing a harder edge.  Actually he was then very sick & crabby, we found out later.  I liked when Brian Lehrer on WNYC started being a bit mean, at least compared to his former style; it was a noticeable, deliberate shift.  But Leonard Lopate was always a jerk.

Lol don't knock your own preferences. To each his own, those were just my humble opinions according to my own tastes. Sometimes I question my taste because other than the GIS, my favorite guest of Art's was always Ed Dames. He's been vilified on BG/EG as a charlatan, and he may be, but the way Art handled him and those interviews was extraordinary. Great radio. I always thought, what if this guy isn't full of shit? What if he's right and all -- or even some -- of this stuff comes to pass? I always thought the chemistry between Art and Ed made for some really good shows. But then, that could be my bad taste ;)

Petepistolwhip

• KIDD
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2018, 10:54:32 PM »
I'm glad RCH is on with Clyde.  RCH is still an entertaining old coot and Clyde is much, much better with a guest.  Clyde's smart enough to play along and keep up with Hoagie, rather than just do a "Noory" and scratch his balls and interject a random "that's true!"

Come on, we know George doesn’t have any balls. And if he did, he is so rich he would have paid minions to scratch them.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2018, 11:08:01 PM »
Come on, we know George doesn’t have any balls. And if he did, he is so rich he would have paid minions to scratch suck them.
FIFY
Eh, nevermind...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2018, 07:39:18 PM »
An autopsy is not generally necessary when the death is known to be the result of known medical conditions/diseases. Lt. David Boruchowitz, a spokesman for the Nye County sheriff’s office, said an autopsy would be conducted to determine Art Bell’s cause of death. Was this autopsy requested or required? And by whom? (Roswell's my friend)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »
In Nevada, an autopsy is required unless you are directly under the care of a physician at the time of death - such as being a patient in a hospital. Being sick and under a doctor’s care is not sufficient.
Merry Christmas