Author Topic: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.  (Read 41162 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2018, 11:39:10 PM »
This picture taken on Tuesday of a stone hearth I had to undercut with an expensive diamond blade in order to get the jagged cut flooring planks UNDER the stone was a very dusty but rewarding job. The idea here is to make things look like the floor was installed before the hearth was in place. My only regret here is that I didn't notice that my lens was so dusty when I took the picture.  Dammit! I only wish I could smite myself for such a transgression. Perhaps a few of you could do it for me? 

Wood and stone, it's only natural.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2018, 12:09:15 AM »
This picture taken on Tuesday of a stone hearth I had to undercut with an expensive diamond blade in order to get the jagged cut flooring planks UNDER the stone was a very dusty but rewarding job. The idea here is to make things look like the floor was installed before the hearth was in place. My only regret here is that I didn't notice that my lens was so dusty when I took the picture.  Dammit! I only wish I could smite myself for such a transgression. Perhaps a few of you could do it for me? 

Stupid question: do you pick the type of wood, or do your (customers?)?
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »
@Spookcat  Not really a "stupid" question. Most often the customer has already purchased their product and have it home. They then go about looking to have it installed. I want to go back to my old job when I was one. Very little responsibility and completely stress free. OHhh those were the days, was like I wanted for nothing. They even carried me around like a king if ya can believe that!

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »

very nice job that looks fantastic!!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
very nice job that looks fantastic!!
Thank you. And I think you're a fantastic dancer. Well, I'm pretty sure..

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 07:02:14 PM »
Just put this in my rental kitchen. Believe it or not this is a click lock laminate floor. Even in person it passes for tile until further inspection, but still impressive.  Bets on this picture coming out sideways :-\     shit, sorry about the crooked neck 

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »
Just put this in my rental kitchen. Believe it or not this is a click lock laminate floor. Even in person it passes for tile until further inspection, but still impressive.  Bets on this picture coming out sideways :-\     shit, sorry about the crooked neck

If you click on it, it comes up rightways. I thought it was tile too.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2018, 09:44:09 PM »
If you click on it, it comes up rightways.
I'm a physically gifted specimen with unending inhuman strength. Sometimes just for a goof I'll lift a house up and turn it on its side and install the floors that way. You should see the customers faces when they get home. And we laugh and laugh and laugh.  Hahahahahahahaa  <--- like that :)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »
Hey that is some good work!
Sure looks good to me too.
You know before the damn regulators and codes one could see some crazy good wood work on stairs. You still can still in some rural properties or, for example, if you go to Holland, Denmark, etc where they have these narrow houses with multifloors and the stair cases are crazy to twist around and get up with saving space. I once asked "how the F does an old person handle these" and the reply was: they move out. Like less than an inch on the inside and not, technically, spiral staircases.  No codes about rise/run/nose etc, it seems!
I know one like that in the Woodlawn section of the Bronx.  And the old & disabled person who was/is living up those back stairs!  They're dark, too!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of installing my neighbors home theatre floorings ;D It's so bloody nice in there and the new entertainment  set-up he has in there now is something to behold. Almost makes me wish I was a TV/Movie/Gamer guy. Anyways the floors look like silk and the lighting only accentuates them.

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of installing my neighbors home theatre floorings ;D It's so bloody nice in there and the new entertainment  set-up he has in there now is something to behold. Almost makes me wish I was a TV/Movie/Gamer guy. Anyways the floors look like silk and the lighting only accentuates them.

You have a right to be proud of such nice work...but something tells me you already knew that

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2018, 05:47:57 PM »
Expect, if he a good guy, an invite to the next PPV fight, Superbowl, or something....

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »
You have a right to be proud of such nice work...but something tells me you already knew that
Thank you :)
Expect, if he a good guy, an invite to the next PPV fight, Superbowl, or something....
@albrecht  Embarrassed to say that, that didn't even cross my mind. He's a big fight guy and ufc 232 is just around the corner.. if he turns me down I'll challenge him to an old school fisticuffs in period clothing ;D

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2018, 04:15:29 PM »
You sure get the hard ones.  Unless it's an optical illusion, that's a rather irregular quadrilateral, so the boards on one edge have to be slant cut individually to fit.

But I was a little disappointed because I thought "home theatre" meant, you know...a stage.

The back yard in this house we rent has two elevated stone & brick patios, one of which is pretty much unmaintained.  I refer to that one as the band stand, because that's what it looks like to me, and I always imagine a small orchestra or band performing there for the guests on the lawn below.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 10:05:22 PM »
You sure get the hard ones.  Unless it's an optical illusion, that's a rather irregular quadrilateral, so the boards on one edge have to be slant cut individually to fit.

But I was a little disappointed because I thought "home theatre" meant, you know...a stage.

Hehe A Home theatre with a stage and dancing girls would be nice, I guess.. for awhile perhaps.   With an angled wall those cuts are very easy. You just start each new row of planks from that wall placing another plank against the wall lengthways and draw your line on each beginning board. I've done a large main floor area that was literally shaped like a Z just use a straight edge ( flooring plank) at each side and Bob's yer uncle. :D

this is really a stupid thread I've got going on here.. ;D