Author Topic: No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak  (Read 984 times)

henge0stone

• KIDD
No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »
There was a topic about this podcast back in the day but I think its gone. Based on that I'm guessing its popularity has lessend. I myself do not listen anymore about really just wanted to bitch about how the show is just not listenable anymore.

Like many others I felt the show was starting to be too bias for trump. It had always had a libertarian bias but right around the election it was just too much for me to take. Don't get me wrong I think hillary is the worst too but there were several instances where they flat out lied about what trump said. Also trump is turning out to just be GW Bush part 3 in my opinion.

One specific example is that they always criticized Obama about gitmo (hence gitmo nation) meanwhile trump who says torture is okay they don't have a problem with?

I get that the media is unfair to trump at least compared to Obama but I felt there was a lot of stuff trump was doing (or not doing, this latest veto of ending aid in Yemen is a huge flag that trumps foreign policy is no different in my mind) that they are similarly not calling him out on, and neither is the media for that matter. The media will call him out on pointless issues but not on real things hes doing wrong (usually they are continuations of already bad policy or making them worse. Just because the media hates him doesn't mean he is doing a good job.

Another big issue that made me quit listening is Adam even considering the FLAT EARTH as a real thing. It is debunked so easily by basically everything and to hear adam give any credence to it really shook me and made me question just how intelligent he really is. Heck didn't he used to fly planes? He should know about the curvature of the earth, or is he just doing it to be edgy? Idk its really just a topic that is too stupid to discuss.

This wasn't as big an issue but I did like the paranormal topics which seemed to disappear. I am a sucker for paranormal.

The general tone of the show had become basically like any other right wing talk show. They mock people about the "we are all gonna die!" meanwhile they have a similar attitude about america today. Adam is more and more pissed about any criticism. The donation segments were so annoying. Just take ads, I would rather hear ads then 30 min donation segments filled with trying to guilt the listeners int how important you are and how you need money.

I haven't listened since early 2017 so I have no idea what is going on now but these all were too much for me to take. In my opinion the podcast has just gone on too long its like over 1100 episodes and counting. They are probably just getting burnt out.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: No Agenda with Adam Curry and John C Dvorak
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:11:51 AM »
There was a topic about this podcast back in the day but I think its gone. Based on that I'm guessing its popularity has lessend. I myself do not listen anymore about really just wanted to bitch about how the show is just not listenable anymore.

Like many others I felt the show was starting to be too bias for trump. It had always had a libertarian bias but right around the election it was just too much for me to take. Don't get me wrong I think hillary is the worst too but there were several instances where they flat out lied about what trump said. Also trump is turning out to just be GW Bush part 3 in my opinion.

By actually fighting the deep state?

Seriously?

:o :o :o

One specific example is that they always criticized Obama about gitmo (hence gitmo nation) meanwhile trump who says torture is okay they don't have a problem with?

“I am a person that believes in enhanced interrogation, yes. And by the way, it works.”

You do realize this is the only way that KSM spilled all th beans and saved us from multiple 911-grade attacks, yes?

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/torturing_khalid_shaikh_mohammed_worked/

Consider Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the 39-year-old former Al Qaeda operative who was the Sept. 11 mastermind and bearer of many Al Qaeda secrets. If anyone had a motive for remaining silent, it was the man known to terrorism investigators as “KSM.” But not long after his capture in Pakistan, in March 2003, KSM began to talk. He ultimately had so much to say that more than 100 footnoted references to the CIA’s interrogations of KSM are contained in the final report of the commission that investigated Sept. 11. Not that everything KSM said was believable. But much of his information checked out in separate questioning of other captured Al Qaeda figures.

https://thinkprogress.org/bush-i-personally-authorized-torture-of-khalid-sheikh-mohammed-20c36b301dc9/

BUSH: One such person who gave us information was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. … And I’m in the Oval Office and I am told that we have captured Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the professionals believe he has information necessary to secure the country. So I ask what tools are available for us to find information from him and they gave me a list of tools, and I said are these tools deemed to be legal? And so we got legal opinions before any decision was made.

I get that the media is unfair to trump at least compared to Obama

Do ya?

So do the media watchers, even the biased lamestream ones:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-right-his-media-coverage-mostly-negative-n806681
The Pew Research Center, in a content analysis of the early days of the Trump presidency, found that 62 percent of the coverage was negative and only 5 percent was positive.

In contrast, President Barack Obama's coverage in early 2009 was 42 percent positive and 20 percent negative, the study said.

Among recent presidents, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush had higher negative than positive coverage early in their administrations, but not nearly to Trump's degree. Clinton had 28 percent negative coverage and 27 percent positive in 1993, while Bush had 28 percent negative and 22 percent positive in 2001.

REALITY:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-harvard-study-cnn-nbc-trump-coverage-93-percent-negative

The Harvard team found that CBS coverage was 91 percent negative and 9 percent positive. New York Times coverage was 87 percent negative and 13 percent positive. Washington Post coverage was 83 percent negative and 17 percent positive. Wall Street Journal coverage was 70 percent negative and 30 percent positive.

but I felt there was a lot of stuff trump was doing (or not doing, this latest veto of ending aid in Yemen is a huge flag that trumps foreign policy is no different in my mind) that they are similarly not calling him out on, and neither is the media for that matter. The media will call him out on pointless issues but not on real things hes doing wrong (usually they are continuations of already bad policy or making them worse. Just because the media hates him doesn't mean he is doing a good job.

But it's a strongly positive correlative!

As for Yemen:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/apr/16/donald-trump-bernie-sanders-us-politics-latest-news-live
President Trump vetoed a bipartisan resolution to end the Saudi-backed war in Yemen, a measure seen largely as a rebuke of his ties with the Saudi government. He called the resolution a “dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities”.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-veto-saudi-arabia-yemen-military-aid-jamal-khashoggi-2019-4
"The conflict in Yemen is a horrific humanitarian crisis that challenges the conscience of the entire world," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement. "Yet the President has cynically chosen to contravene a bipartisan, bicameral vote of the Congress and perpetuate America's shameful involvement in this heartbreaking crisis."

Oh puleeeeeze...let me find a crocodile to cry some tears over the botox Bitch from the Sanctuary state!

Another big issue that made me quit listening is Adam even considering the FLAT EARTH as a real thing. It is debunked so easily by basically everything and to hear adam give any credence to it really shook me and made me question just how intelligent he really is. Heck didn't he used to fly planes? He should know about the curvature of the earth, or is he just doing it to be edgy? Idk its really just a topic that is too stupid to discuss.

And yet it is in the news as multiple celbes and sports figures have bandwagon'd on the lunacy, so it is TOPICAL...

Curry's approach to the topic (haven't listened) sounds very Art Bel-like to me.

This wasn't as big an issue but I did like the paranormal topics which seemed to disappear. I am a sucker for paranormal.

The general tone of the show had become basically like any other right wing talk show.

Your innate partisan biases are oozing out all over.

They mock people about the "we are all gonna die!" meanwhile they have a similar attitude about america today. Adam is more and more pissed about any criticism. The donation segments were so annoying. Just take ads, I would rather hear ads then 30 min donation segments filled with trying to guilt the listeners int how important you are and how you need money.

Uh...how do you think podcasts and subscription media work then?

I haven't listened since early 2017 so I have no idea what is going on now but these all were too much for me to take. In my opinion the podcast has just gone on too long its like over 1100 episodes and counting. They are probably just getting burnt out.

Sure sounds like you are. :o