Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820215 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1230 on: August 23, 2019, 04:57:26 AM »
Seems like GN never works on Fri's or Sun's now.
At least, not on the show.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1231 on: August 23, 2019, 05:28:22 AM »
Seems like GN never works on Fri's or Sun's now.

Noory likes to trim the fat on his schedule.  He takes every opportunity to get out early.  He plays those clips of things he thinks are entertaining like the one with the car crash where the old ladies beat up a guy.  He also shows his dramatic reading chops by playing that tired clip of him reading The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe.  He did that last night.  He'll never miss a Sunday with the "emerging" artists though.  That's another delusion of his...thinking he's furthering their careers.  George Noory ~ Record Executive.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1232 on: August 23, 2019, 05:53:53 AM »
The emerging artists seem to have caught on. Originally, there were occasional interesting songs. Now, they are all awful. I’m thinking of recording me playing bass (I play poorly) and singing (I sing even worse) “This Old Man” into a cassette recorder and sending it in. All to see if it gets on the air.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1233 on: August 23, 2019, 06:32:18 AM »
The emerging artists seem to have caught on. Originally, there were occasional interesting songs. Now, they are all awful. I’m thinking of recording me playing bass (I play poorly) and singing (I sing even worse) “This Old Man” into a cassette recorder and sending it in. All to see if it gets on the air.

@juan  LOL!  That sounds like a great idea.  Just have to print out a jacket for the CD case.  What image(s) would you have on the cover?  Also, if you need me to harmonize or sing back-up I will.  By the way, I am tone deaf...I think.  ;)  ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1234 on: August 23, 2019, 11:00:41 PM »
Noory likes to trim the fat on his schedule.  He takes every opportunity to get out early.  He plays those clips of things he thinks are entertaining like the one with the car crash where the old ladies beat up a guy.  He also shows his dramatic reading chops by playing that tired clip of him reading The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe.  He did that last night.  He'll never miss a Sunday with the "emerging" artists though.  That's another delusion of his...thinking he's furthering their careers.  George Noory ~ Record Executive.
If he repeated each group's name several times before, during or after the song...and if the website maybe had a highlight reel just for the groups' names and a sample from the song, that would help.  Half the time, the name is said so fast I can't catch it.  I suppose it's on the bumper music list.

The Telltale Heart has absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever.  It is pure obscenity.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1235 on: September 17, 2019, 01:34:16 PM »
By the traffic of this thread I can see that it's clear that not many care, but I want to reassure everyone that C2C and George Noory indeed still suck.  Carry on.   :D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1236 on: September 17, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »
By the traffic of this thread I can see that it's clear that not many care, but I want to reassure everyone that C2C and George Noory indeed still suck.  Carry on.   :D
Oh, we care but we GNS-ers are over in BG.  Azzy's cite have a GNS thread?  George is sucking bigtime on BG.  Last night was alright.  One big misspeak.  He congratulated someone named John, but did not say what the congrats was for at all.  And he sounded a bit envious, lol.  Other than that, it was another fine show.

George has a new great-grandchild.  He said wistfully that he will see her in a few months but I don't understand why he can't just hop on a big plane and go see her now.  Can't cost that much to a guy like him.

Does he have a plane?  He used to say he would ONLY fly commercial, but recently he sort of said something about needing a plane because he's schedule has gotten so busy?  Surely I misunderstood because if he had a plane, he'd go see his new great-grandchild.

Anyhow, another very fine show.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1237 on: September 17, 2019, 10:23:25 PM »
Oh, we care but we GNS-ers are over in BG.  Azzy's cite have a GNS thread?  George is sucking bigtime on BG.  Last night was alright.  One big misspeak.  He congratulated someone named John, but did not say what the congrats was for at all.  And he sounded a bit envious, lol.  Other than that, it was another fine show.

George has a new great-grandchild.  He said wistfully that he will see her in a few months but I don't understand why he can't just hop on a big plane and go see her now.  Can't cost that much to a guy like him.

Does he have a plane?  He used to say he would ONLY fly commercial, but recently he sort of said something about needing a plane because he's schedule has gotten so busy?  Surely I misunderstood because if he had a plane, he'd go see his new great-grandchild.

Anyhow, another very fine show.

George gets it

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1238 on: September 17, 2019, 11:10:34 PM »
George's ad says he is excited about silver!

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1239 on: September 18, 2019, 01:13:55 PM »
I normally give a listen to Ed Dames and he was on a few days ago, he just seems so subdued but he did have a classic moment when he said it's easier to predict the winner of a presidential election when it's a man vs a woman as he would just remote view their genitalia.

I have been so out of the loop, this week I was just wondering "I haven't heard Linda Moulton Howe for her monthly visit in a while" and found out she not doing Coast anymore. It seemed pretty sudden, I liked her as she was a reminder of classic coast guest and topics.

As for the newest creepiest guest, there's this author "reporter" who seems to be WAAAY into  Dorothy Kilgallen way more than a normal subject of reporting. C2C doesn't do "scary spooky" anymore but this guy did give me the creeps 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1240 on: September 18, 2019, 07:04:52 PM »
I normally give a listen to Ed Dames and he was on a few days ago, he just seems so subdued but he did have a classic moment when he said it's easier to predict the winner of a presidential election when it's a man vs a woman as he would just remote view their genitalia.

I have been so out of the loop, this week I was just wondering "I haven't heard Linda Moulton Howe for her monthly visit in a while" and found out she not doing Coast anymore. It seemed pretty sudden, I liked her as she was a reminder of classic coast guest and topics.

As for the newest creepiest guest, there's this author "reporter" who seems to be WAAAY into  Dorothy Kilgallen way more than a normal subject of reporting. C2C doesn't do "scary spooky" anymore but this guy did give me the creeps
Yeah, I got that vibe, too, but maybe he has a tic or something because he didn't actually say anything creepy.  It was more just a vibe, and there's no credence in that.  I say let's give the guy a break since he's doing what it takes to get to the bottom of things.  You have to admit he was expert.  Actually it's good he's creepy - real good, if you think about it.  I mean, if you were investigating stuff that presumably certain higher ups didn't want checked out, one of your best defenses would be to spooky, really. 

I missed Ed Dames' comment, but that's hilarious.

Linda made an announcement a few months ago I think, that she is focusing her work in a different direction.  Was she working on a book or something?  I think the gist of it was that time was a constraint and she might be committing less time to the field.  On the other hand, people say she is out loud and proud in other venues.  There were a couple times when George toyed with her - in a way once, she asked for it sort of, but he could have given her a break.  My memory says there was another time when he played a cruel joke on her.  What is it with George and women?  His whole tone changes when faced with a female.  I mean, it's sort of expected that a man not growl when talking to a woman, so I understand any man's voice going just a little higher with a woman.  But, George's whole attitude changes when a woman is on the line.  Weird.  He had sisters, he loves his mother, so I just can't make sense of it.  Maybe Lear Silver just isn't enough to hug at night...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1241 on: September 18, 2019, 08:00:48 PM »
I normally give a listen to Ed Dames and he was on a few days ago, he just seems so subdued but he did have a classic moment when he said it's easier to predict the winner of a presidential election when it's a man vs a woman as he would just remote view their genitalia...

Of all the ass-wipes in the Coast universe, I despise Ed Dames with his gross dishonesty and fear mongering the most (thanks again, Art, for all those shitty shows).  I hope to meet him some day.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1242 on: September 18, 2019, 08:02:24 PM »
... I have been so out of the loop, this week I was just wondering "I haven't heard Linda Moulton Howe for her monthly visit in a while" and found out she not doing Coast anymore. It seemed pretty sudden, I liked her as she was a reminder of classic coast guest and topics...

My guess is she finally, finally, got tired of Noory's shit

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1243 on: September 19, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
My guess is she finally, finally, got tired of Noory's shit

@PB  I concur.  She told Noory (I'm paraphrasing) that she didn't have time to be a guest because she wanted to focus her own projects, yet she was on Clyde Lewis the following week as well as a couple other shows afterward.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1244 on: September 19, 2019, 09:00:38 PM »
@PB  I concur.  She told Noory (I'm paraphrasing) that she didn't have time to be a guest because she wanted to focus her own projects, yet she was on Clyde Lewis the following week as well as a couple other shows afterward.

That's awesome.  I liked her appearances, even if she was over the top sometimes.