Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 821039 times)

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #1170 on: May 07, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »
I noticed that the emerging artists are now laced for only half the show now. One sounded like a couple of friends got drunk and turned on a recorder. Awful.

I attribute that to not having many people sending things in.  I mean honestly,  how many people are sending in their tapes? Dozens, on a good month,  maybe. 
Noory was the real legacy...

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1171 on: May 07, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
You are on a streak?

I'm on a long streak of not listening to the show. It's not a hard habit to break.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1172 on: May 08, 2019, 12:38:20 AM »
I'm on a long streak of not listening to the show. It's not a hard habit to break.
I am on a streak of using the show as white noise!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1173 on: May 08, 2019, 12:39:38 AM »
I made a lot of funny jokes back in my hayday :) i had to take a hiatus because of school. But now i have 4 months of going back to doing all the things i love,  like being here!
...like being here!  I see how you are.  What field did you study, or were you a generalist?

Lucky_Star

• KNYE
  • ArE YoU MaD AF BrO??
« Reply #1174 on: May 09, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
...like being here!  I see how you are.  What field did you study, or were you a generalist?

I started out in astrophysics,  realized that the field's inner politics, pay scale, and stress levels were a recipe for a hellish life. So now I'm in meteorology! What I'm doing specifically is still to be determined. I have a current research project but it's a secret :) I'll let you know when i publish it.
Noory was the real legacy...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1175 on: May 09, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »
I started out in astrophysics,  realized that the field's inner politics, pay scale, and stress levels were a recipe for a hellish life. So now I'm in meteorology! What I'm doing specifically is still to be determined. I have a current research project but it's a secret :) I'll let you know when i publish it.

Correlation between LaNina and Central Texas flooding?
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1176 on: May 10, 2019, 01:21:22 AM »
Glad you found a more palatable field!  I wonder how meteorologists cope when they know weather is affected by cloud-seeding, HAARP, etc...  It must be like a doctor who examines the ear of a targeted individual and sees an old 1960s implant in there.  Has to pretend it's not there.  Or, like when a scan reveals a chip - everyone has to play dumb.  I think meteorology is exciting & hope they have ways of continuing to report honest forecasts.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #1177 on: May 12, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
I am on a streak of using the show as white noise!

There's nothing wrong with that. It might even bring forth the ghostly voice of Art Bell.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1178 on: May 25, 2019, 01:41:57 AM »
Ian said he was attacked once by a dentist.  I wonder what happened.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1179 on: May 25, 2019, 05:27:01 AM »
Ian said he was attacked once by a dentist.  I wonder what happened.

Smarmy, know-it-all, irritating Ian?  Yes, what could have happened.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1180 on: May 25, 2019, 02:23:50 PM »
Smarmy, know-it-all, irritating Ian?  Yes, what could have happened.
Ian told that a dentist lied to him, saying there wouldn't be any pain but there was!
Also Ian tried to call the dentist by his first name, but the guy kept saying its "Doctor Jeff" and Ian told him that he was a phD doctor too, so do you really want to have to call me doctor too, "doctor, doctor"  8)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1181 on: May 25, 2019, 03:12:01 PM »
Ian told that a dentist lied to him, saying there wouldn't be any pain but there was!
Also Ian tried to call the dentist by his first name, but the guy kept saying its "Doctor Jeff" and Ian told him that he was a phD doctor too, so do you really want to have to call me doctor too, "doctor, doctor"  8)
Sounds like a power and control hang-up.  He could have used "Mr.", which is never entirely wrong by some standards and always fine by other standards.

I did hear him say he could earn another degree so as to be called Doctor Deacon.  But, I'm not sure religious titles are combined with other titles in conversation, http://religionstylebook.com/entries/religious-titles, and U.S. custom is one title at a time, http://www.formsofaddress.info/Two_Titles.html#461.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1182 on: May 25, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
Well, that sounds pretty far from a traumatizing "attack".  I wonder why there was pain.  Pressure, sure.  But pain?  With today's anesthetics?  I know some people are allergic to anesthetics.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1183 on: May 25, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »

What a pussy.  Snowflake should have just walked out in the middle of the procedure if he didn't like it instead of whining.  A bit of pain at the dentist - who'd have guessed.

And yes, doctors should be called ''doctor'' if that's what they prefer.  Actual medical doctors.  My understanding is PhDs don't go by ''doctor'' unless they are in a professional setting - that is, their own profession. 

Fucking Ian.  He so desperately wants to be thought of as ''cool'', he just isn't.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #1184 on: May 25, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »
I haven't listened to a Noory-hosted Sunday show in five or more years. I wouldn't listen to tonight's show even if I was a guest.
Heh, heh, heh.  :)
GNSS
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o