Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19253 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Dreams
« on: July 12, 2018, 09:55:08 AM »
A disembodied male voice said, "Remember that woman who was mowed down at a mall?  I'd like to see something like that happen to you.  I'm practised at 'remote gets' ".

Then a handsome lithe man in his 20s walked toward me in the kitchen, brandishing a large sharp metal object.

Gee, what a "get" I'd be, lol.  That's hilarious.  Pick on someone your own size, your own age, your own health, and in your own economic bracket or admit cowardice.

pate

• KMST
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 11:56:04 PM »

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 01:50:47 AM »
Neato :).

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 02:38:16 AM »
My mom and I were shopping.  We walked into the store from different directions through the lot and sidewalks.  Afterward, I stopped to help a lady in a wheel chair.  Mom was annoyed on the way out, thought I was dallying.  I didn't take the time to explain, I just hurried to catch up with her.  She knew I needed to go get my keys, bag and cat so I could ride with her to her place.  Instead of going to my car or home to get my purse and keys, I went to where I knew they were, with my cat, they were down the easement inside my old lidded 6 X 12 chain link kennel on the grass of land owned by the store.

I entered the kennel to get my bag and saw the cat.  Couldn't find my keys or bag right away.  Three big dogs from an unknown residence down the road entered the kennel magically (since all the doors were closed).  I worried for my disabled cat's safety.  They didn't seem aggressive so I swallowed my panic and shooed them away.  They left.  I picked up my cat and her heart was beating fast, but she's a trooper.  Her side was swollen like organ trouble, more than usual.  I set her down to resume looking for my bag and keys.  It was getting dark.

Some lady came and told me my kennel could not stay on the easement.  I agreed and said I was leaving and would take it down soon.  I was frought that those dogs would come back, and bother or hurt my elderly cat, so I asked a lady to guard the part of the kennel they beamed in through.  She was nice, but I still couldn't find my keys or bag.  Some other lady came in and tried to mess with my many belongings.  I told her to stop because we needed to find my bag and keys.  She wouldn't stop messing with stuff that was irrelevant, so I started to bite her arm.  She said if I bit her, she would call the cops, so I stopped biting her.  I didn't bite her.  I woke up.

It was just a dream, so I should have bitten her.  I don't think ethics apply in dreams.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »
My mom and I were shopping.  We walked into the store from different directions through the lot and sidewalks.  Afterward, I stopped to help a lady in a wheel chair.  Mom was annoyed on the way out, thought I was dallying.  I didn't take the time to explain, I just hurried to catch up with her.  She knew I needed to go get my keys, bag and cat so I could ride with her to her place.  Instead of going to my car or home to get my purse and keys, I went to where I knew they were, with my cat, they were down the easement inside my old lidded 6 X 12 chain link kennel on the grass of land owned by the store.

I entered the kennel to get my bag and saw the cat.  Couldn't find my keys or bag right away.  Three big dogs from an unknown residence down the road entered the kennel magically (since all the doors were closed).  I worried for my disabled cat's safety.  They didn't seem aggressive so I swallowed my panic and shooed them away.  They left.  I picked up my cat and her heart was beating fast, but she's a trooper.  Her side was swollen like organ trouble, more than usual.  I set her down to resume looking for my bag and keys.  It was getting dark.

Some lady came and told me my kennel could not stay on the easement.  I agreed and said I was leaving and would take it down soon.  I was frought that those dogs would come back, and bother or hurt my elderly cat, so I asked a lady to guard the part of the kennel they beamed in through.  She was nice, but I still couldn't find my keys or bag.  Some other lady came in and tried to mess with my many belongings.  I told her to stop because we needed to find my bag and keys.  She wouldn't stop messing with stuff that was irrelevant, so I started to bite her arm.  She said if I bit her, she would call the cops, so I stopped biting her.  I didn't bite her.  I woke up.

It was just a dream, so I should have bitten her.  I don't think ethics apply in dreams.
Yes, it was totally OK for you to have bitten the lady and it sounds like you got some good ones in before she threatened you with the cops.  That's the nice thing about dreams.  You can freely do things that you wouldn't ordinarily get away with in the real (?) world.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 04:35:16 AM »
Yes, it was totally OK for you to have bitten the lady and it sounds like you got some good ones in before she threatened you with the cops.  That's the nice thing about dreams.  You can freely do things that you wouldn't ordinarily get away with in the real (?) world.
I'm glad you understand, Rikki.  It might not be Biblical, but it's just pretend!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 03:10:35 PM »
I'm glad you understand, Rikki.  It might not be Biblical, but it's just pretend!

I know, and yet most of the time I let morals and guilt prevent me from having a real fun time while dreaming.

A couple of nights back, I had four fun dream segments in the middle of the night and I actually thought to myself, now how am I going to remember them?  Oh...I know, I'll remember by referring to them as 'elements'...that will surely do the trick!  So I went back to sleep and forgot about the dreams until later on, the next day.  I remember that I had called them elements instead of segments, but that didn't work.  I could only remember the second dream segment.  I was back in school and I had to get past a number of teachers in the hallway, so I climbed up to the ceiling and crawled past them by grabbing the overhead lights.  I dropped down inside a teacher's room and she was sympathetic to my plight and didn't give me away.

It's too bad really, because dream number three was especially good, but I can't remember anything about it.  I know that people will say that I should keep a pad and pencil nearby to record the dreams with.  The trouble is, if I were to do such a thing, I'd wake myself up for the rest of the night.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 04:37:01 AM »
This dream is for you, so pay the price
Make one dream come true, you only live twice

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 07:29:13 PM »
I dreamt that I was aboard a bus full of people and as we were riding along, word was received that a number of enemy nuclear missiles had been launched against us.  All of the passengers had quite a lively discussion about the horrible occurrence.  Apparently, there was still time to make it to our homes, because the driver continued along, stopping every so often to let some passengers off.  Eventually, there were only three of us left on the bus.  The driver, a beautiful blonde haired woman and myself.  We came to a crossroads and the driver flipped out.  He opened the doors to the bus and ran off like a shot.  I took the wheel and asked the pretty girl where she wanted to go.  I drove her to her destination and we both got off the bus.  We were standing on a lovely green hill.  I tried to recall some of the things that the people were saying on the bus but I couldn't.  I tried to picture the people on the bus but they were faceless.  I couldn't remember anything because that beautiful blonde was beckoning me into the clover. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »
I dreamt that I was aboard a bus full of people and as we were riding along, word was received that a number of enemy nuclear missiles had been launched against us.  All of the passengers had quite a lively discussion about the horrible occurrence.  Apparently, there was still time to make it to our homes, because the driver continued along, stopping every so often to let some passengers off.  Eventually, there were only three of us left on the bus.  The driver, a beautiful blonde haired woman and myself.  We came to a crossroads and the driver flipped out.  He opened the doors to the bus and ran off like a shot.  I took the wheel and asked the pretty girl where she wanted to go.  I drove her to her destination and we both got off the bus.  We were standing on a lovely green hill.  I tried to recall some of the things that the people were saying on the bus but I couldn't.  I tried to picture the people on the bus but they were faceless.  I couldn't remember anything because that beautiful blonde was beckoning me into the clover. 
Well that's a cliffhanger there..  Part 2. What Happens Inside The Clover. Stay tuned?

Anybody ever have disorganized travel dreams?

Wake up in another land, can't find passport, where is all my stuff? How am I going to get to the airport and where is my horse?

Stressful travel dreams; the only dreams I ever have for years now. Exhausting. I wake up jetlagged  :-\

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:01 PM »
Well that's a cliffhanger there..  Part 2. What Happens Inside The Clover. Stay tuned?

Wake up in another land, can't find passport, where is all my stuff? How am I going to get to the airport and where is my horse?

Stressful travel dreams; the only dreams I ever have for years now. Exhausting. I wake up jetlagged  :-\

@KSM, let me compliment you on your perceptiveness.  Alas, I'm afraid there was no part two to my dream.  The offer to have me join her in the clover shocked me so much that I woke up.  There have been times when I've had fun dream sex but sadly, this wasn't one of them.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »
@KSM, let me compliment you on your perceptiveness.  Alas, I'm afraid there was no part two to my dream.  The offer to have me join her in the clover shocked me so much that I woke up.  There have been times when I've had fun dream sex but sadly, this wasn't one of them.
Well, we can't say with any certainty that she wasn't trying to lead you back to the tribe where you would be eaten for dinner. Just sayin' you may have dodged a hypothetical bullet chomping.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 07:33:07 PM »
Well, we can't say with any certainty that she wasn't trying to lead you back to the tribe where you would be eaten for dinner. Just sayin' you may have dodged a hypothetical bullet chomping.
Ha!  So true.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »

All.  The.  Time.  I'd no idea it was a common theme of others' dreams, though.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 11:03:42 PM »
I had three unrelated dreams the other night.

The first one found me walking around in a local shopping mall.  I rode up the escalator to an upper floor and there stood that Sig guy from the crab catching show The Deadliest Catch.  He didn't quite look the same, he was kind of bloated looking and his face was somewhat swollen.  He was surrounded by some friends who obviously weren't crab fishermen because they were all kind of out of shape looking, too.  Still, I wouldn't have minded talking to Sig, but as I walked up to him I fell into the next dream.

I had parked my car on a street some ways down from my house, so I got in and drove backwards to my driveway.  I put my foot on the brakes and instead of slowing down, it was like I was stepping on the gas pedal.  My driveway zipped by and no matter what I did, I was going faster and faster down the street, backwards.  All I could thing to do was hold onto the steering wheel and hope that I could keep driving straight.  I zoomed up a small hill and onto some stairs of a house.  I crashed through the front door and the next thing I knew, I was driving backwards down somebody's hallway.  Since both sides of the car were being wedged in by the walls of the hallway, I was able to slow down somewhat, and finally came to a stop.  I got out of the car and exited the house.  An elderly woman came out, wearing a bathrobe.  She said that I had broken one of her arms, and I felt really bad about it.  I was very happy to escape into the third dream.

I found myself walking the streets of my beloved town of Monroe, Oregon.  It was night, and it must have been some time in the future because all of the houses and buildings were giving off beautiful rays of colored light.  Not light coming from inside of them, it was more like the structures themselves were glowing.  I walked by my grandfather's pool hall and saw that it had been re-built in all it's wooden splendor.  The same with the Monroe house, (my grandparent's house) it had been totally re-created and looked just as it did when I stayed there so many years ago.  Everything was closed up though and I couldn't go inside any of the buildings, but I was very happy to see that everything was just as I remembered it as a kid.  I noticed that there was no sign at all of the Dollar General store that had been built pretty close to where the Monroe house used to be.  I definitely woke up happy.