Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 63673 times)

PB

• Ellevated
https://www.fox4news.com/news/former-angels-employee-charged-in-tyler-skaggs-fatal-fentanyl-overdose-at-north-texas-hotel

... It was later learned by investigators that Kay had lied to them, and told another Angels employee that he visited Skaggs’ room the night of his death.

The Drug Enforcement Administration determined that Kay would regularly give the blue M/30 pills – dubbed “blue boys” – to Skaggs and others.

The Angels put out a statement that investigation found no one in management was aware an employee was giving players, including Skaggs, opioids.

Kay made his first court appearance Friday morning, and faces up to 20 years in federal prison if he’s found guilty.

This was a long time coming, I'd forgotten all about it.

This guy was put on leave almost immediately after the player died, so it was just a matter of time for him to be arrested, indicted, etc.

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2020, 02:18:17 PM »
Well the Pirates play the Tigers today and just out of boredom I checked in on the game.  Still no outs in the first, the Pirates are down 5-0, and our starter Derek Holland gave up 4 home runs so far.  Seems like everything is status quo.

How is LerBom doing keeping Kobe's legacy alive?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2020, 02:24:17 PM »
How is LerBom doing keeping Kobe's legacy alive?

Ha!  ;D  I have no idea. The NBA is dead to me.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2020, 08:59:59 AM »
The Pirates were guaranteed the 1st overall pick.  I wonder how they'll screw this one up.   ::)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »
Dodgers down 7-0 in the 7th innning  stretch, almost came made an amazing comeback but fell just short losing 8-7. Down 0-2 in the series  :-\

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #185 on: December 24, 2020, 12:01:08 PM »
The Pirates never cease to disappoint me. 

The Pittsburgh Pirates made their first major move of the offseason, trading first baseman Josh Bell to the Washington Nationals on Thursday for a pair of right-handed pitchers.

In return for Bell, an All-Star in 2019, the Pirates received a pair of top-10 Nationals prospects in Will Crowe and Eddy Yean.

Supposedly these two were the #3 and #6 prospects for the Nationals.  Regardless I'm not impressed.  Crowe is 26 and already has had Tommy John surgery.  He projects as a #4 or #5 starter...as do all the current Pirates pitchers.  Yean has a high ceiling, is only 19, and hasn't played a full season in the minors.

Now the Pirates have no power bat in the lineup. :P  I expect Musgrove to be traded as well.  The Pirates will have the lowest payroll in baseball next season.  *sigh*

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
...  The Pirates will have the lowest payroll in baseball next season.  *sigh*

Maybe, but Oakland may not be done

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »
Pirates continue to tear it down to the studs.  Traded Bell, then Musgrove, and just now, Taillon.  I can't wait until the owner spends some money. LOL!!!! Ah, I crack myself up.

On the bright side, they'll have a beefed up farm system and the lowest payroll in baseball.  Yay!!!!!  ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
BUILD AN ALL-TIME TEAM
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2021, 11:52:51 AM »
Anybody want to put together an all-time team?  I'm bored and I wanted to, so I did.  I'm using the DH in the lineup as well.  25 man roster.  15 hitters and 10 pitchers.  I'm thinking 5 starters and 5 dedicated relievers.  By that I mean the relievers should've spent the majority of their careers as such, therefore Roger Clemons shouldn't be your closer.

Oh, and it's easy just to pick the top talent based on their ranking as all-time greats.  I want to avoid that.  Also, Negro League players are included.  Sadly their stats weren't recorded some of the time due the different leagues they played in, and some player's accomplishments are based more on legend than merit and actual accomplishment.  However there is no doubting the talent base.

Anyway...

Here's my starting lineup. 

1  CF-Willie Mays
2  2B-Joe Morgan
3  RF-Hank Aaron
4  DH-Babe Ruth
5  C-Josh Gibson
6  LF-Ted Williams
7  3B-Mike Schmidt
8  1B-Lou Gehrig
9  SS-Honus Wagner

BENCH

OF-Roberto Clemente
OF-Ty Cobb
1B-Jimmie Foxx
C-Johnny Bench
SS-Ozzie Smith
UTL-Pete Rose

STARTING PITCHERS

RHP-Bob Gibson
LHP-Sandy Koufax
RHP-Roger Clemons
LHP-Lefty Grove
RHP-Walter Johnson

RELIEVERS

RHP-Mariano Rivera (closer)
LHP-Billy Wagner
RHP-Kent Tekulve
RHP-Trevor Hoffman
LHP-Aroldis Chapman

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
Does the DH for Babe Ruth stand for doughnuts and hotdogs?  No, seriously, I hope others put some teams together.  You've got quite the roster there, Shay.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:53 PM »
The DH is unAmerican! >:( er...I mean unNational! ;)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
Does the DH for Babe Ruth stand for doughnuts and hotdogs?  No, seriously, I hope others put some teams together.  You've got quite the roster there, Shay.

Make a team Rikki!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2021, 01:00:01 PM »
The DH is unAmerican! >:( er...I mean unNational! ;)

;D  Make a team!  ;)  I included the DH simply because of the glut of great hitters.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: BUILD AN ALL-TIME TEAM
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2021, 01:00:55 PM »
BENCH

C-Johnny Bench

Don't think this got by me.

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: BUILD AN ALL-TIME TEAM
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
Don't think this got by me.

Trust me, @Bart Ell I had a feeling once I typed it that you would make a comment.  ;)  I've been studying your habits.  ;D