Author Topic: Pots & Pans - Help Request  (Read 11210 times)

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
Re: Pots & Pans - Help Request
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Okay, I've had 4 ceramic frying pans.  One was collectible, old, and blue black enamel or blackened aluminum I think.  A nice one was sacrificed in a move after 3 good years.  The other 2 are great.  So, I really abide by them - none have worn out.  I suspect your father's wife might prefer other types metal, which conduct heat differently?  Maybe she's the cast iron type.  Beware of the woman who wants to give you a pan she chose to never use!!!  When you cook rice and lentils, or boil water, in a ceramic pan, one of the new ones, a geometric design among the pan's contents is created.  Pretty neat.  I like the copper ones, but have not tried them because I know the white ceramic coating is a hardened substance.  Not sure about the copper coating. 

Whatever you get, I hope you have fun, no scrubbing and no fires!  I'm glad nothing else was damaged  :).

I don’t even really like the lady, much less trust her. Is there a manufacture or type that you suggest I look at?
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »
I’m leery of anything that looks like it might have come from Ron Popeil.

HaHa! He does have good knives though.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
We have a full set of those in the Airbnb house and guests who cook there seem to love them. Some have even mentioned the cookware in the reviews.

Are they red copper or copper chef?

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2019, 05:00:18 PM »
The copper ones are at Target (in the "As Seen on TV" section). Maybe Walmart too. 

For the price, they may be a great deal but not like a burglar-killing, heavy duty, even-heating pan.

Haven’t used but I’d have to agree, for the price I don’t see longevity. I may try one as a tide me over piece.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »
Are they red copper or copper chef?
@BartEllProducer https://www.redcopperpan.com/

We even bought the old lady in the blue sweater!! She's great too! ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2019, 05:34:18 PM »
I don’t even really like the lady, much less trust her. Is there a manufacture or type that you suggest I look at?
Don't laugh because it's Walmart.  It has been the best.  The bottom has a wide circle with no finish on it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ceramic-Non-Stick-Green-8-Ceramic-Fry-Pan-Stay-with-Silicone-Stay-Cool-Handle/241331952

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2019, 05:37:42 PM »
The other ones say "Phillip Richard" and "Bialetti" but the WM one stays white.  The others I've had to sometimes use steel wool or baking soda on.  They can also slightly permanently discolor in spots on the inside of the rim.  But the WM one never did, and it's a bit wok-shaped on the bottom, so you can stack food there while the bottom cooks.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2019, 05:38:40 PM »
I bought the WM one for its light weight.  The other two are heavier.

Happier Times are Coming

• Ellevated
  • senda is NOT lookin’ good…thinkin’ LAST season ??
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2019, 06:01:21 PM »
back to using my vintage Lodge CAST IRON
with several additional skillets and Dutch ovens (from my Grandma’s home, she passed 35 years ago)
my ex (NEVER knew how to cook, bake or anything much in the kitchen)
kept the expensive, very expensive Cordon Bleu, Temp Tone and another set she thought would “help” her cook...LOL)
I have probably 8 skillets, 4 Dutch ovens, smaller oval skillets...the works !
I broke the sander out and polished them all like new...smooth as a baby’s butt
especially my Grandna’s...probably 60-70 years old
seasoned the with love (canola oil)
slow and high heat...
took a week and a half
BEST CAST IRON STEAK in the world, although it does set of my smoke detectors every time !
BUT, the house really smells good for a couple of days !
tender juicy and really delights my taste buds !
EASY TO CLEAN UP !
NO STICK !
AND BEST TASTING EVERYTHING !
OH, AND THE ROAST, POTATOES, CARROTS, CELERY AND OINION MAKE A MEAL FIT FOR A KING !
the roast just sees my fork and falls apart...
and EVEN HEAT CONDUCTION...
just saying, on stove or in oven EVEN STEVEN

I LOVE MY CAST IRON !
plus, I now have “TREMENDOUS UPPER BODY STRENGTH”...
(just like SENDA !)
...“FAT, STUPID, GASPING FOR AIR
and STEALING FROM AMISH CHARITY
  is NO WAY to go through LIFE son”
             Bishop Wormer
       LaGrange County, Indiana

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
@Sofia I’ve got pretty much everything else I think I need besides my main pots and pans and some new Tupperware, at least I think. I did realize last night that I may need to add some tongs for the grill. After an extensive search, I’ve come to the conclusion that they must have wound up in the flaming pile of plastic and metal shit inside the top oven. That or the Newport cigarette smoking black man lifted them from me when I wasn’t looking.

I was however interested in the ceramics. My father’s wife said she had some and it wasn’t worth a shit so she threw it away. She did say that she noticed that there was a brand new skillet that she has never used and would mail it to me if I wanted it. I was talking to a buddy of mine @Bluejay about what happened and he suggested one of those copper chef skillets. I’ve seen mixed reviews on the things.
after 6 months, the base warps and it won’t sit evenly on the stove burner.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 01:18:54 AM »
after 6 months, the base warps and it won’t sit evenly on the stove burner.
I wouldn't buy the ones that have colored bottoms.  The steel needs to make contact with the burner.  All of my ceramic skillets have metal swaths on the bottom.  In the old days, sometimes enamel bottoms could chip and that would cause them to sit unevenly if the chip was a real gouge, or too big.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2019, 01:30:17 AM »
Then there's always a chance one lives in a seismically active zone. 
The stove top level could shift from day to day.  Heh, heh. ;) ;D

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »
Don't laugh because it's Walmart.  It has been the best.  The bottom has a wide circle with no finish on it.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ceramic-Non-Stick-Green-8-Ceramic-Fry-Pan-Stay-with-Silicone-Stay-Cool-Handle/241331952

I don’t care if they sell them out of the back of a van. If it works, I’ll give it a try.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »
@BartEllProducer https://www.redcopperpan.com/

We even bought the old lady in the blue sweater!! She's great too! ;D

Bought one last night to tide me over. Needed something nonstick anyway. Sucks it didn’t come with a lid. If you go to their website the damn thing costs almost as much as the pan itself when it’s all said and done. I believe I settled on the All-Clad 12” for the main cooking. I’ll also re-season the old cast iron corn bread maker after I read happier times talking about steak.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 04:32:02 AM »
Bought one last night to tide me over. Needed something nonstick anyway. Sucks it didn’t come with a lid. If you go to their website the damn thing costs almost as much as the pan itself when it’s all said and done. I believe I settled on the All-Clad 12” for the main cooking. I’ll also re-season the old cast iron corn bread maker after I read happier times talking about steak.
I don't know if this will help you or not, but if you buy 2, one can be used as a lid, upside down.  Also, lids abound in thrift shops, but I always forget to measure before I go.  I was always wanting a lid for that avocado green skillet with the rounded sides.  Foil helps in a pinch but probably not best for the environment.