Author Topic: HEY GUESTS  (Read 6586 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
HEY GUESTS
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »
I recommend signing up. You can hide your status if you want. You don't even need to post. I am toying with the idea of making the forums viewable only to people logged in.

If others have reasons why they sometimes visit as guests (can't log in from work) let me know as it will help me form my decision.

- Barthur Ell

brig

• PUT OUT TO PASTURE
  • Ellightened
Re: HEY GUESTS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »
I recommend signing up. You can hide your status if you want. You don't even need to post. I am toying with the idea of making the forums viewable only to people logged in.

If others have reasons why they sometimes visit as guests (can't log in from work) let me know as it will help me form my decision.

- Barthur Ell

As much as I love the idea King Barthur, wouldn't that affect your adsense?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:35:54 PM »
As much as I love the idea King Barthur, wouldn't that affect your adsense?

Not really concerned with Adsense.
I put the Adsense code on KONR and BartEllLegacy but still haven't put the ads up.
KONR gets about half the traffic of this site so I could just put it on there to make up any difference.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 08:56:26 PM »

- Barthur Ell

I think you should charge the guests $5 for a trial looksee.  Some of them give it to Heater every month and they already have both of her pictures.
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:30:36 PM »
Every once in a while, a member might want to post as a guest.  Having real avatar anonymity can give members the courage to mention or reply to something in a different or unpopular light.  I wonder if guests could be just allowed like 8 posts per month or something like a couple a week.  Spices it up.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »

- Barthur Ell

Or better yet, make a few forums available to the public as a teaser. Something to tickle their curiosity. Leaving the most valued and highly anticipated forums available for ellgab “insiders” only.

Have a waiting list or perhaps probationary period. Build a wall separating “insiders” from illegal internet “migrants”.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 04:01:08 AM »
Feed guests more adsense. If you close down to the forum to just members the LNM/HW idiots will cry foul doings. I kinda like that they wander around seeing sense and real fact here rather than the homgenised wankstain utterings they are force fed on their walled garden shitponds.

I like waving to them, it must drive them batty.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Berry

• KIDD
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 04:05:40 AM »
Well, apparently on Bellgab there was a real turbo mode. Maybe allow special access for registered users. Keep guest but not allow them to all of the good stuff. . Fark.com has the same sort of setup.
Praise BE!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 04:10:38 AM »
Feed guests more adsense. If you close down to the forum to just members the LNM/HW idiots will cry foul doings. I kinda like that they wander around seeing sense and real fact here rather than the homgenised wankstain utterings they are force fed on their walled garden shitponds.

I like waving to them, it must drive them batty.

Then don’t forget to say Hi Paul! Every once in awhile.
Are we having fun yet?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 04:30:12 AM »

Then don’t forget to say Hi Paul! Every once in awhile.

It is true I do forget from time to time.

Hi Paul and Fluffykins :)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 04:35:02 AM »
I don’t see ads at all anymore. I was clicking away on ads for companies that I wanted to see give money to Barthur.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:34:18 AM »
I don’t see ads at all anymore. I was clicking away on ads for companies that I wanted to see give money to Barthur.

Working on it.
I am also going to test out some alternatives today

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 06:12:59 AM »

- Barthur Ell
how about just making some sub-forums viewable to guests with perhaps a liner to get them to sign up for more access?
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 06:18:25 AM »
how about just making some sub-forums viewable to guests with perhaps a liner to get them to sign up for more access?

Good to see you wr250
Are we having fun yet?

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 06:30:49 AM »
I'm a long time guest who signed up when the EllGab site came about. There's some benefit to having the security of a member only login requirement, especially when things get borderline libelous :) Having had the luxury of jumping on to read the comments as a non-guest was great as well.
Wishing the best for MV who did a great job with Bellgab for the many years. Good Luck BartEll, the new site is in good hands!

Praise Bart Ell!