Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283887 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2040 on: October 17, 2023, 08:56:25 AM »
No, but if your dentist friend wanted to liquor me up, I need an extraction...
Hahaha

Of all the shows that pop up the most on my shuffle, it's the NASA & UFO Revelations with John Lear from 2003 or 4. It's a good one. "The moon was towed here"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2041 on: October 17, 2023, 06:58:38 PM »
Sooooo.

I kind of got forced into needing to change cell phones. Since almost everybody I know, no, everybody I know, is on iPhone, I decided to get one. I'm catching on after a couple of hours, but I have hundreds of passwords still needing to be fed into websites

The one thing I've already been really disappointed by is that the Safari browser will not let me open anything on U7 Radio.

As a side note, Apple switched over to USB-C. Still, almost all of my USBC cables do not work with it as they are too loose. I guess that Apple is still doing magnetic connections and all my cheap cables are probably aluminum-ended.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2042 on: October 17, 2023, 07:39:57 PM »
Sooooo.

I kind of got forced into needing to change cell phones. Since almost everybody I know, no, everybody I know, is on iPhone, I decided to get one. I'm catching on after a couple of hours, but I have hundreds of passwords still needing to be fed into websites

The one thing I've already been really disappointed by is that the Safari browser will not let me open anything on U7 Radio.

As a side note, Apple switched over to USB-C. Still, almost all of my USBC cables do not work with it as they are too loose. I guess that Apple is still doing magnetic connections and all my cheap cables are probably aluminum-ended.
Sorry to hear that.  ::)   So you went along with the crowd, and now you're in a pickle.
Sticking with my Samsung Galaxy android.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2043 on: October 18, 2023, 12:22:07 AM »
Of all the shows that pop up the most on my shuffle, it's the NASA & UFO Revelations with John Lear from 2003 or 4. It's a good one. "The moon was towed here"

There's a lady in Berkeley I've seen many times driving past a certain outdoor coffeeshop shouting something out the window at us about our sun having been stolen and replaced with mirrors, that we're all controlled by robots, etc.

No recruits so far that I'm aware of.  Don't these kooks know there's a radio show created just for them to call in and tell everyone?  Maybe she can't wait until 10pm to get it off her chest.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2044 on: October 18, 2023, 09:07:36 AM »
There's a lady in Berkeley I've seen many times driving past a certain outdoor coffeeshop shouting something out the window at us about our sun having been stolen and replaced with mirrors, that we're all controlled by robots, etc.

No recruits so far that I'm aware of.  Don't these kooks know there's a radio show created just for them to call in and tell everyone?  Maybe she can't wait until 10pm to get it off her chest.
LOLOL

She DRIVES by yelling about this? The cliental certain coffee shop is her primary target. Hehehe

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2045 on: October 18, 2023, 10:23:26 AM »
LOLOL

She DRIVES by yelling about this? The cliental certain coffee shop is her primary target. Hehehe

Yeah, the place is on a corner, right across from the campus, so lots of foot traffic.  She pulls up to the stop sign and begins her spiel, when that crosswalk is clear she makes the left turn onto a one-way, and has to stop right away for another crosswalk, so plenty of story-telling time.

I swear to god people go to that corner and the fountain area across the street just to make noise.  Frat houses just down the street, motorcycles, creepy guys in classic cars and loud music driving by to get attention, people across the street yelling, chanting, screaming, singing, yapping on their phones.  It's apparently on the route between the fire station and downtown, so sirens go by anytime a bum passes out.

Other than a little extracurricular noise sometimes, it's a nice little corner to read and chat.  Lots of kooks to talk to.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2046 on: October 18, 2023, 10:27:43 AM »
... The cliental certain coffee shop is her primary target. Hehehe

One day I'm sitting at a red light in front of Trader Joe's.  The other side of campus.

I'm sort of shocked to see her walk out, she sees me and gives me a big smile.  Ah shit, she must recognize me from the coffee shop.  Great.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2047 on: October 18, 2023, 10:30:51 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  ::)   So you went along with the crowd, and now you're in a pickle.
Sticking with my Samsung Galaxy android.

It hit me this morning that the saddest thing about me finally getting an iPhone is that everybody who gave me a hard time going back to 2007 has died. There was a core group of people who all switched from Verizon (with whom I spoke for free all day and night) to AT&T because they were forced to with the early iPhones. It’s kind of like one of my good friends gave me a hard time for driving non-Toyota cars. Since her death, I have bought eight Toyotas.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2048 on: October 18, 2023, 10:38:46 AM »
One day I'm sitting at a red light in front of Trader Joe's.  The other side of campus.

I'm sort of shocked to see her walk out, she sees me and gives me a big smile.  Ah shit, she must recognize me from the coffee shop.  Great.
That was your chance to dive right into kooky head. Maybe she's completely normal other than that one thing.

I used to have an aunt that lived in Berkley. Passed about 10 years ago. Lived on... I think it was Dana st. Is there a Dana Street?

It hit me this morning that the saddest thing about me finally getting an iPhone is that everybody who gave me a hard time going back to 2007 has died. There was a core group of people who all switched from Verizon (with whom I spoke for free all day and night) to AT&T because they were forced to with the early iPhones. It’s kind of like one of my good friends gave me a hard time for driving non-Toyota cars. Since her death, I have bought eight Toyotas.
8! Eight! Toyotas! Wow, that's commitment. Not sure why but I feel like iPhones are more intrusive than the Samsungs.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2049 on: October 18, 2023, 11:08:51 AM »

I've never had a cell phone.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2050 on: October 18, 2023, 11:10:44 AM »
That was your chance to dive right into kooky head. Maybe she's completely normal other than that one thing...

That street is heavily trafficked with very little parking.  But no thanks anyway.

... I used to have an aunt that lived in Berkley. Passed about 10 years ago. Lived on... I think it was Dana st. Is there a Dana Street?...

Yes.  Some nice middle class older homes.

GhostRaven

• KIDD
« Reply #2051 on: October 23, 2023, 12:45:53 AM »
Journalist Walter Kirn was on Glenn Beck's podcast recently and said he's writing a movie about the life of Art Bell. He says it around the 15:55 mark.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2052 on: October 23, 2023, 12:53:40 AM »

You, sir, are lucky. 

frankly, I have cut down on my screen gazing time with this new phone after doing all the set up. It is a deterrent.

8! Eight! Toyotas! Wow, that's commitment. Not sure why but I feel like iPhones are more intrusive than the Samsungs.

What’s worse, is that I’m helping friends buy cars and I’m recommending Mazdas because inventory is a lot higher and prices are a lot better. Doh! since Toyota went to eight speed transmissions, I’ve been a little down on them. in the last few years, I’ve had Subaru and Ford, Buick and Nissan. I got tired of worrying about them. The Buick had a great engine in it, but the transmission was shit. I think it was the only part of the car that was built in America, the rest was bfrom Canada.

There are all sorts of platitudes about Apple privacy, I just doubt it. There’s a Dr. Horowitz, I believe, a Harvard Technology privacy expert guy, and I was more willing to accept Apple after hearing about what Google does politically, etc...

Eh, nevermind...

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #2053 on: October 23, 2023, 07:05:27 AM »

I suppose it must be hard finding one that fits on your ear trumpet.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2054 on: October 23, 2023, 08:57:13 AM »
I suppose it must be hard finding one that fits on your ear trumpet.

Whoop! +1 for the Limey. This is actually a pleasant little group over here. I must come by and spoil it more often
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville