Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283931 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2100 on: November 26, 2023, 08:01:50 AM »
I don't remember, but it kept me coming back.
Probably the all-time classic, Unidentified Flying Crepes show.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2101 on: November 26, 2023, 08:31:40 AM »
Probably the all-time classic, Unidentified Flying Crepes show.

I should have included breakfast tortillas.  Where they go on the list depends on who's making them.  Above pancakes though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2102 on: November 26, 2023, 09:05:02 AM »
I should have included breakfast tortillas.  Where they go on the list depends on who's making them.  Above pancakes though.

I'll never give in. I have righteous anger on my side.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2103 on: November 26, 2023, 09:46:43 AM »
I'll never give in. I have righteous anger on my side.

I dunno, the butter and syrup doesn't look evenly distributed on all surfaces to me.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2104 on: November 26, 2023, 11:41:07 AM »
I dunno, the butter and syrup doesn't look evenly distributed on all surfaces to me.
Decorative pictures, the not yet melted butter is more of a prop at that stage.  8)

Melting butter is spread evenly (pre syrup) on each pancake before stacking. It is then that we liberally distribute our syrup. If the stack of 3-6 is level, one can simply pour directly above the center of the top PC. In a stack of 6 you would add syrup the 3rd (already buttered) pancake before adding 4,5, and 6.

I. Know.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2105 on: November 26, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »
I just put the syrup in the batter along with mostly melted butter.  If I don't overdo it, the syrup doesn't burn and carbon up the pancake.

If eating at home (and not part of a packaged meal on a road trip), I'll add more butter and syrup as digestion lubrication.
😁😁😁😁

This might be the reason I am 15% overweight.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2106 on: November 26, 2023, 01:59:25 PM »
I just put the syrup in the batter along with mostly melted butter. If I don't overdo it, the syrup doesn't burn and carbon up the pancake.

If eating at home (and not part of a packaged meal on a road trip), I'll add more butter and syrup as digestion lubrication.
😁😁😁😁

This might be the reason I am 15% overweight.
I don't know if I like the sounds of that. Goes against all western values and conservatism in general.

I guess we should have been having this pancake debate in the Argue About Breakfast Thread.

https://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=819.0

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2107 on: November 30, 2023, 01:12:52 PM »
Lifted? Some dipsy broad wrote a book called The Quickening. Art with his climate push would perhaps approve.. perhaps.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/11/27/the-quickening-elizabeth-rush-book-review-the-parenthood-dilemma-gina-rushton

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2108 on: December 09, 2023, 03:59:48 AM »
Heh... U7 is working again.

Some people care about this. Uhem...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2109 on: December 09, 2023, 07:59:11 AM »

oh

joy

8)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2110 on: December 10, 2023, 08:44:12 AM »

Speaking of U7, I actually had it playing on my phone this morning in the office. It was the 911 broadcast and everyone was in shock talking about all the footage on CNN. Art was of course in a somber mood, but call after call began with "Hi Art How are you?" He had to keep answering that ridiculous question. People are so fucking stupid.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #2111 on: December 10, 2023, 09:14:51 AM »
Speaking of U7, I actually had it playing on my phone this morning in the office. It was the 911 broadcast and everyone was in shock talking about all the footage on CNN. Art was of course in a somber mood, but call after call began with "Hi Art How are you?" He had to keep answering that ridiculous question. People are so fucking stupid.

There use to be a talk show host on KMOX (St. Louis) by the name of Jim White.  In his later years, he became something of a curmudgeon who didn't hesitate to tell callers things he found irritating.  At the top of his list was being asked the "How are you?" question to open the conversation. He also hated people who told him to "Have a good day/evening/night." to end the call.  I remember him saying once he could get at least 8-10 more callers per four hour show if people dispensed with such banalities and just made their point/asked their question.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2112 on: December 10, 2023, 09:47:58 AM »
There use to be a talk show host on KMOX (St. Louis) by the name of Jim White.  In his later years, he became something of a curmudgeon who didn't hesitate to tell callers things he found irritating.  At the top of his list was being asked the "How are you?" question to open the conversation. He also hated people who told him to "Have a good day/evening/night." to end the call.  I remember him saying once he could get at least 8-10 more callers per four hour show if people dispensed with such banalities and just made their point/asked their question.
Exactly. In one show (date unknown) I recall a caller who said to Art that he figured that callers who started the call that way ate up about 15 minutes per show. Art sighed, and said something to the effect of 'I know, but whadda ya gonna do..'

Sure enough all following callers were right back to opening their call with "Hi Art, how are you?"

Is what it is, I guess.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2113 on: December 10, 2023, 10:55:14 AM »
There is a local host who is starting to lose it, he's been nuts lately. His name is John Kentera and people call him Coach because of his local youth coaching history (he has coached Hall of Fame football and baseball players, if I recall correctly).

For everybody who says "Hi how you doing?" he goes into a 2 minute rant of something and he tried to come up with something new for each call..

I stop listening to him out of frustration, although I have to say that real deal breaker was he celebrated some high school basketball player getting off after shooting at people in a car. He's one of those people, the kid was mulatto and the son of a famous person. He only just tried to shoot a car with four people in it. Of course, nobody dare witness against him, probably because daddy is going to pay them. Oh, that was a rant.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2114 on: December 10, 2023, 10:59:05 AM »
It's what people greet each other with, and so ingrained that it's almost unreasonable to expect a nervous caller to remember not to.  Annoying though.

Maybe the host should just start the call with ''I'm fine, what's on your mind?, lol''