Author Topic: Mysterious Disappearances and Missing Persons, the 411  (Read 10007 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Mysterious Disappearances and Missing Persons, the 411
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 12:40:48 AM »
The Dylovit pass story is one of my favorites. All sorts of craziness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
The Dylovit pass story is one of my favorites. All sorts of craziness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Yeah. Very freaky! Pretty good podcast on it.

]https://youtu.be/SLkLXMX8alc

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 05:26:16 AM »
With the Dyatlov Pass I lean towards the idea that in the middle of the night they thought there was an avalanche heading towards them. It's they they panicked, cut open their tents, and ran out into the cold in their underwear.

ACE OF CLUBS

• Nursery Resident
  • KDWN
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 04:40:44 PM »
One of the more puzzling stories, the Bart Schleyer story in the Yukon Territory, Canada. Flown in by airplane and dropped off for 2 weeks. Experienced mountain man and big game hunter. Disappeared while all his food and gear was left behind.

While not an everyday occurrence, people continue to vanish in the bush.  If you were an experienced woodsman, and wanted to disappear - start all over again, going solo on a wilderness trip could be the way to do it.  Stashed food and supplies, and a way 'out' .... Leave your gear where it'll be found, lay false leads, and have a two week + head start before anyone becomes alarmed and starts a search.  You could be in Brazil or ? before the search even starts.

In a previous life, I worked as a big game guide .... the celebrity 'hunters' that would book with us occasionally were anything but that.
A variety of things can happen.  My next door neighbor's adult son walked into the bush here, was never seen again. The RCMP contacted me and asked for help. To no avail.

Always a fascinating and very sad time for the folks 'left behind' ......

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 01:04:16 AM »
With the Dyatlov Pass I lean towards the idea that in the middle of the night they thought there was an avalanche heading towards them. It's they they panicked, cut open their tents, and ran out into the cold in their underwear.

So you're not all that familiar with the story?

Some were found on the ground frozen to death around what would have been a campfire as if they were trying to stay warm. Some individuals were found up trees, as if to escape an avalanche, or whatever.. One was found without their tongue. The tents/campsite were FOUND above ground as in no avalanche to completely wipe out the camp. It is much easier to get out the front of any tent ever built than it is to carve your way out the back or sides. The fact that the campsite was found in its entirety screams out loud, NO AVALANCHE!

..and almost all had alcohol in their system. As to be insignifigant in this particular case.

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 07:07:42 AM »
So you're not all that familiar with the story?

Some individuals were found up trees, as if to escape an avalanche,

I think you might not be as familiar with the case as you think you are. I can't find a single source that claims bodies were found UP in trees. They climbed trees, but didn't die there.
https://sonoranorte.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/dyatlov-pass-incident-pt-2-under-the-cedar-tree-and-between/
bodies found here were found under the cedar tree & close to the campfire pit; evidence suggests these two had climbed the cedar tree to get away from something or someone OR to see something in the distance
The emphasis is mine. They were probably trying to locate their tents.

I think we are mostly in agreement, so I don't understand why you're copping an attitude. There was no avalanche, but they thought there was one. They panicked, ran out of their tents in various states of undress, some tried to make an emergency shelter, some tried to go back to the campsite, they all froze to death.

It's not nearly the mystery it's made out to be.

[side note, that link has some gnarly corpse photos, fair warning]

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
The tents caught fire blocking the exits/entrance. Great pictures btw, definitely post dinner pics.

FlarpsWife

• KDWN
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 06:38:15 PM »
One of the most interesting topics to come along in the last decade.

David Paulides missing persons website.
http://www.canammissing.com/page/page/8396197.htm

David Paulides Bigfoot and Missing 411 info.
http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/home.html

The mysterious Elisa Lam video.

This case messes with my mind. One board said she was playing some elevator game that was popular at the time. You hit the buttons in a certain sequence and you wind up in another realm. Sounds bonkers but that is out there if you google it. Apparently there have been lots of creepy things happening at that hotel for decades.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 06:16:33 AM »
I really enjoy listening to shows with Paulides. I'd love to get my hands on the books, but the price is prohibitive here in the UK - stupid prices on ebay and Amazon, and the only cost effective way to ship from the US is all the books in one go and then the shipping is over 100 bucks! Sadly he seems quite stubborn about offering them on Amazon etc himself.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
Very bizarre story.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 05:36:53 PM »
Very bizarre story.

Bizarre yes, but not so mysterious.  These people were just stupider and/or crazier than they're given credit for, and had been lucky not to have met a disastrous fate sooner than this.  Friends & family usu. make out the mentally impaired to be more capable than they objectively are.

The only really interesting part was the story given by the guy who had the heart attack, and even that could easily be explained.  Lots of immature people are stupidly scared of persons in need of aid, and he may have been less understandable by these passers-by than he thought, considering how impaired he was at the time.  Or they were making out and didn't want to be witnessed doing so.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »
Pretty good show on Hulu called “Disappeared”. Season 6 ep 3, on a guy who disappeared in 2009 looking for the lost Dutchman mine. Always a good story.

A little back story.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
Ambrose Bierce's disappearance would make an interesting podcast or book.

LittleChris

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot