Author Topic: USFL  (Read 1692 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
USFL
« on: November 22, 2021, 05:09:51 PM »
I forgot that they were bringing it back.  Starts in April 2022.  Eight teams.  Looks like the original logos for the most part.  I'm surprised that Pittsburgh is having a team. Will this league even be viable?  I think we know the answer.  I also find it odd that there are no west coast teams.  Just going to be north and south divisions.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: USFL
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:09:57 AM »
I'm thinking Johnny Manziel needs to be in this league. I actually thought that the dude was dead but nope. He is alive and
still hanging on with the FCF Zappers:

Who else?  Vinny Testaverde is still under 60 - looks like he could use the cash.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:41:29 AM »
Who else?  Vinny Testaverde is still under 60 - looks like he could use the cash.

$700 for a signed Testaverde helmet!!?  :o

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 04:43:14 AM »
I forgot that they were bringing it back.  Starts in April 2022.  Eight teams.  Looks like the original logos for the most part.  I'm surprised that Pittsburgh is having a team. Will this league even be viable?  I think we know the answer.  I also find it odd that there are no west coast teams.  Just going to be north and south divisions.

Some of the logos were updated, slightly:

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
I'm thinking Johnny Manziel needs to be in this league. I actually thought that the dude was dead but nope. He is alive and
still hanging on with the FCF Zappers:

The Whut? I had to Google it.

https://www.fcf.io/how-it-works

Are you sure Johnny Football ISN’T dead?
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 08:34:49 AM »
The Whut? I had to Google it.

https://www.fcf.io/how-it-works

Are you sure Johnny Football ISN’T dead?

Well when the Wenatchee Valley Skyhawks won't call you, where else is there to go?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 09:14:07 AM »
Well when the Wenatchee Valley Skyhawks won't call you, where else is there to go?
I well remember when the Aggies worshipped him as the anointed one.  Then Cleveland happened.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 02:28:18 PM »

Back about 10 years ago, there was an indoor pro team just across the Ohio River, the Northern Kentucky River Monsters.  Former UK and NFL QB Jared Lorenzen, all 320 lbs of him, was their QB, GM, and part owner.  The football was about at the level you'd expect for a minor league indoor team, but games were an event.

For me, the highlight of the games was their dance team. They called themselves "The Bait" and was made up of strippers from the various clubs in the Newport, KY "combat zone."  What they lacked in dance talent they made up for in enthusiasm.  Members had names like Cinnamon, Blaze, Aurora, etc.  Lovely girls, the kind you'd take home to momma....assuming your Mom was Xavier Hollander.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
Back about 10 years ago, there was an indoor pro team just across the Ohio River, the Northern Kentucky River Monsters.  Former UK and NFL QB Jared Lorenzen, all 320 lbs of him, was their QB, GM, and part owner.  The football was about at the level you'd expect for a minor league indoor team, but games were an event.

For me, the highlight of the games was their dance team. They called themselves "The Bait" and was made up of strippers from the various clubs in the Newport, KY "combat zone."  What they lacked in dance talent they made up for in enthusiasm.  Members had names like Cinnamon, Blaze, Aurora, etc.  Lovely girls, the kind you'd take home to momma....assuming your Mom was Xavier Hollander.

I remember that guy. Seems he died at a really young age if I recall - very sad.  Didn't know about the dance team though.  ;)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 03:58:45 PM »
I remember that guy. Seems he died at a really young age if I recall - very sad.  Didn't know about the dance team though.  ;)

Wait a minute, that's MV!

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 04:06:05 PM »
I thought it was Tommee.  On a diet.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 04:14:17 PM »

Now that you mention it. It does sort of look like him.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 05:48:19 PM »

Can't be.  He's not wearing a poncho.

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 06:49:19 PM »

I’d put teams where there isn’t a NFL team.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 09:04:37 PM »
I’d put teams where there isn’t a NFL team.

Since this is a spring league, it won't be going head-to-head with the NFL.  Playing in a city where an NFL franchise exists gives a start up league team the advantage of playing in an area where there obviously are pro football fans, as well as access to infrastructure like a stadium.  The problem they will face, as have all other start up leagues, is finding the sweet spot between quality of play and cost to the fans.