Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274775 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #705 on: April 13, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
Yeah, I take tiny sips of the vinegar (or dilute it with water) but I suppose it could be consumed as salad dressing or whatever else vinegar is used for.

The cherries / cherry juice may be specific to gout, and not beneficial for other types of arthritis, I don't really know

As far as preventing flare-ups, I haven't had a serious one in a very long time - I think it's because I go right for the cherry juice if I even think one might be coming on.

Like this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Super tart!

I mix it with fresh apple cider in season and it's a wonderful combo.

The vinegar...uh... :o

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #706 on: April 13, 2019, 10:38:18 AM »
This is absolutely, definitely a proven scientific fact.  8)

And yes I do have thoughts about Bluetooth. I don't like the idea of any radiowaves I don't have to be around buzzing around me, especially from a headset sitting next to my brain! There are a bunch of studies starting to come out that using bluetooth headsets instead of wired ones, especially those people who just wear them most of the time, can cause inflammation and possible cancerous tumors in the brain near where the headsets sat.

In general, it's better to use a wired headset with cellphones, and not to carry them on your body, either, for the same reasons... tumors are more frequent at sites where cellphones are carried a lot in contact with the body. I really worry especially about men who carry them in their back pockets all the time, or in a pouch or directly on their belts. Convenient, maybe, but not a good idea. The phone should ideally be at least a few inches away from your body (which is why you're better to use a wired headset than hold the phone to your ear a lot, also).

I'll bet you didn't expect a term paper on that now, did you? But those are my thoughts on this.

+1 and confirmed  - short wavelength RF and soft tissue is a really bad combination.

As for blue teeth, interesting as that concept is, I think I'll pass. It's too biting a concept for me to deal with at this time.  ;D

P.S. I finally just remembered the brand of the old cell phone headsets that had the earpieces that worked for me: Jabra. Probably out of business, I'm guessing?

Not at all - making plenty of good stuff yet:

https://www.jabra.com

Call centers seem to have boosted their business. :-\

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #707 on: April 13, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »
Radiowaves buzz around you whether or not something is there to receive them. The antenna in blue tooth headsets just picks up what is present. It doesn’t attract it like a magnet.

Some bluetooth headsets transmit back - they're not all passive.

https://www.rfsafe.com/bluetooth-radiation-dangerous-cell-phone-radiation/

Bluetooth radiation has been even less studied than cell phone radiation. The lack of any formal studies has enabled the ‘experts’ to claim that Bluetooth radiation is safe. This claim is based not on research proving Bluetooth radiation safe, rather on a lack of research proving it to be unsafe – but that is changing quickly.

Bluetooth radiation emitted from all Bluetooth Headsets and Technologies and is a type of wireless radio wave frequency (RF) also known as microwave radiation.

Microwave frequencies have a short wavelength and a rapid rate of oscillation (2.4 billion times per second) very well suited for data and voice communications as well as cooking your dinner at a much higher wattage.

Multiple studies have reported that as short as a single, two-hour exposure to cell phone or blue tooth radiation will result in pathological leakage of the blood-brain barrier. The effect occurs immediately and is still seen at 14 days and at 50 days post-exposure at only 0.012 W/Kg to 0.002 W/Kg.

The lowest exposure SARs are worse than the higher SAR exposures (Nittby et al, 2009).   These studies show neuron death (brain cells) at SARs of only 0.012 W/Kg.

It is reasonable to conclude that a device which radiates at a higher intensity than some cell phones are very risky in terms of your accumulated exposures.  So Bluetooth radiation may be equally or more dangerous than cell phone radiation in some cases.

More likely to get an ear infection from always having earbuds in your ears.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #708 on: April 13, 2019, 11:58:11 AM »

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #709 on: April 13, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #710 on: April 13, 2019, 12:48:10 PM »
Not sure what is Pizza Punch.
I have a bottle of Caribou in my refrigerator. So I will have a shot of Caribou for Art.

If you don't know what Pizza Punch is then you are not allowed.
#MustBeANooryFan

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #711 on: April 13, 2019, 01:12:51 PM »
Not sure what is Pizza Punch.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #712 on: April 13, 2019, 01:47:37 PM »
If Phil Hendrie is getting old this episode of classic Sirius/XM Art with Hoagie will do the trick for sure:

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #713 on: April 13, 2019, 11:04:07 PM »
Best laid plans .. I was hoping I could read this on LPTD today but couldn't work it into my schedule. I heard Art read this one late night. There I was. In bed in the dark laughing my ass off.  imagine this in Art's voice and with his legendary delivery. Really miss you, Art

Biker vs. Squirrel

I never dreamed slowly cruising through a residential neighborhood  could be so incredibly dangerous ...

I had been banging around the roads of east Texas and as I headed back into Dallas, found myself in very heavy freeway traffic. Two near misses with a couple of brain-dead drivers within seconds of each other convinced me it was time to get off the freeway.

I hit the next exit, and as I was in an area I knew pretty well, headed through a few big residential neighborhoods. I turned onto the nearly empty streets and figured some slow riding through the quiet surface streets would give me time to relax on the final leg of my ride home.

Little did I suspect…

As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it—it was that close. I barely had time to brace for the impact.

Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels can take care of themselves!

Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing my oncoming Harley with steadfast resolve in his little beady eyes. His mouth opened, and at the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, “Banzai!” or maybe, “Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!” as the leap was spectacular and he flew over the windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest.

Instantly he set upon me. If I did not know better I would have sworn he brought twenty of his little buddies along for the attack. Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light t-shirt, summer riding gloves, and jeans this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage!

Picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and leather gloves puttering maybe 25mph down a quiet residential street…and in the fight of his life with a squirrel. And losing.

I grabbed for him with my left hand and managed to snag his tail. With all my strength I flung the evil rodent off the left side of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw.

That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there. It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser.

But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary pissed-off squirrel.

This was an evil attack squirrel of death!

Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands, and with the force of the throw swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact he landed square on my back and resumed his rather anti-social and extremely distracting activities, completely removing my left glove in the process.

I was startled to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle.

The engine roared as the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel screamed in anger. The Harley screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in…well…I just plain screamed.

Now picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn t-shirt, and only one leather glove roaring at maybe 70mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street…on one wheel and with a demonic squirrel on his back. The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

With the sudden acceleration I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike. This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices.

At this point the squirrel decided that I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle and he came around my neck and got IN my opened full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed partway and he began hissing in my face I am quite sure my screaming changed tone and intensity. It seemed to have little affect on the evil rodent.

Now picture the large man on the huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a very ragged torn t-shirt, and wearing one leather glove, roaring at probably 80mph, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel’s tail sticking out his mostly closed full-face helmet. By now the screams are probably getting a little hoarse.

Finally I got the upper hand…I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked…sort-of. Spectacularly sort-of, so to speak.

Picture the scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork.

Suddenly a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a torn t-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing one leather glove, moving at probably 80mph on one wheel, and screaming bloody murder roars by and with all his strength throws a live squirrel grenade directly into your police car.

I heard screams. They weren't mine...

I managed to get the big motorcycle under directional control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign at a busy cross street.

I would have returned to fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would have. Really. But for two things. First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. One of them was on his back in the front yard of the house they had been parked in front of and was rapidly crabbing backwards away from the patrol car. The other was standing in the street and was training a riot shotgun on the police cruiser.

So the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to “let the professionals handle it” anyway. That was one thing. The other? Well, I swear I could see the squirrel, standing in the back window of the patrol car among shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery, and shaking his little fist at me. I think he was shooting me the finger…

That is one dangerous squirrel. And now he has a patrol car…

I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made an easy right turn, and sedately left the neighborhood.

As for my easy and slow drive home? Screw it. Faced with a choice of 80mph cars and inattentive drivers, or the evil, demonic, attack squirrel of death...I’ll take my chances with the freeway. Every time.

And I’ll buy myself a new pair of gloves.
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #714 on: April 14, 2019, 07:10:17 AM »
If you don't know what Pizza Punch is then you are not allowed.
#MustBeANooryFan
I am not fond of Noory.
BUT, I love pizza.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #715 on: April 14, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »
Best laid plans .. I was hoping I could read this on LPTD today but couldn't work it into my schedule. I heard Art read this one late night. There I was. In bed in the dark laughing my ass off.  imagine this in Art's voice and with his legendary delivery. Really miss you, Art

Biker vs. Squirrel

I never dreamed slowly cruising through a residential neighborhood  could be so incredibly dangerous ...

I had been banging around the roads of east Texas and as I headed back into Dallas, found myself in very heavy freeway traffic. Two near misses with a couple of brain-dead drivers within seconds of each other convinced me it was time to get off the freeway.

I hit the next exit, and as I was in an area I knew pretty well, headed through a few big residential neighborhoods. I turned onto the nearly empty streets and figured some slow riding through the quiet surface streets would give me time to relax on the final leg of my ride home.

Little did I suspect…

As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it—it was that close. I barely had time to brace for the impact.

Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing my oncoming Harley with steadfast resolve in his little beady eyes. His mouth opened, and at the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, “Banzai!” or maybe, “Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!” as the leap was spectacular and he flew over the windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest.

Instantly he set upon me. If I did not know better I would have sworn he brought twenty of his little buddies along for the attack. Snarling, hissing, and tearing at my clothes, he was a frenzy of activity. As I was dressed only in a light t-shirt, summer riding gloves, and jeans this was a bit of a cause for concern. This furry little tornado was doing some damage!

Picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and leather gloves puttering maybe 25mph down a quiet residential street…and in the fight of his life with a squirrel. And losing.

I grabbed for him with my left hand and managed to snag his tail. With all my strength I flung the evil rodent off the left side of the bike, almost running into the right curb as I recoiled from the throw.

That should have done it. The matter should have ended right there. It really should have. The squirrel could have sailed into one of the pristinely kept yards and gone on about his business, and I could have headed home. No one would have been the wiser.

But this was no ordinary squirrel. This was not even an ordinary pissed-off squirrel.

Somehow he caught my gloved finger with one of his little hands, and with the force of the throw swung around and with a resounding thump and an amazing impact he landed square on my back and resumed his rather anti-social and extremely distracting activities, completely removing my left glove in the process.

I was startled to say the least. The combination of the force of the throw, only having one hand (the throttle hand) on the handlebars, and my jerking back unfortunately put a healthy twist through my right hand and into the throttle.

The engine roared as the front wheel left the pavement. The squirrel screamed in anger. The Harley screamed in ecstasy. I screamed in…well…I just plain screamed.

Now picture a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a slightly squirrel torn t-shirt, and only one leather glove roaring at maybe 70mph and rapidly accelerating down a quiet residential street…on one wheel and with a demonic squirrel on his back. The man and the squirrel are both screaming bloody murder.

With the sudden acceleration I was forced to put my other hand back on the handlebars and try to get control of the bike. This was leaving the mutant squirrel to his own devices.

At this point the squirrel decided that I was not paying sufficient attention to this very serious battle and he came around my neck and got IN my opened full-face helmet with me. As the faceplate closed partway and he began hissing in my face I am quite sure my screaming changed tone and intensity. It seemed to have little affect on the evil rodent.

Now picture the large man on the huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a very ragged torn t-shirt, and wearing one leather glove, roaring at probably 80mph, still on one wheel, with a large puffy squirrel’s tail sticking out his mostly closed full-face helmet. By now the screams are probably getting a little hoarse.

Finally I got the upper hand…I managed to grab his tail again, pulled him out of my helmet, and slung him to the left as hard as I could. This time it worked…sort-of. Spectacularly sort-of, so to speak.

Picture the scene. You are a cop. You and your partner have pulled off on a quiet residential street and parked with your windows down to do some paperwork.

Suddenly a large man on a huge black and chrome cruiser, dressed in jeans, a torn t-shirt flapping in the breeze, and wearing one leather glove, moving at probably 80mph on one wheel, and screaming bloody murder roars by and with all his strength throws a live squirrel grenade directly into your police car.

I managed to get the big motorcycle under directional control and dropped the front wheel to the ground. I then used maximum braking and skidded to a stop in a cloud of tire smoke at the stop sign at a busy cross street.

I would have returned to fess up (and to get my glove back). I really would have. Really. But for two things. First, the cops did not seem interested or the slightest bit concerned about me at the moment. One of them was on his back in the front yard of the house they had been parked in front of and was rapidly crabbing backwards away from the patrol car. The other was standing in the street and was training a riot shotgun on the police cruiser.

So the cops were not interested in me. They often insist to “let the professionals handle it” anyway. That was one thing. The other? Well, I swear I could see the squirrel, standing in the back window of the patrol car among shredded and flying pieces of foam and upholstery, and shaking his little fist at me. I think he was shooting me the finger…

I took a deep breath, turned on my turn-signal, made an easy right turn, and sedately left the neighborhood.

As for my easy and slow drive home? Screw it. Faced with a choice of 80mph cars and inattentive drivers, or the evil, demonic, attack squirrel of death...I’ll take my chances with the freeway. Every time.

+1!!!
I only have one question about Biker vs. Squirrel. Is this species of squirrel only found in Texas? Asking for a friend ::)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #716 on: April 14, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »

Biker vs. Squirrel

Little did I suspect…

+1 for a true Darwin Awards runner up!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #717 on: April 14, 2019, 09:37:38 AM »
I am not fond of Noory.
BUT, I love pizza.

I wonder how Coaster is doing. He didn’t seem well when I last saw a post.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #718 on: April 14, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »
+1!!!
I only have one question about Biker vs. Squirrel. Is this species of squirrel only found in Texas? Asking for a friend ::)

I'm guessing there are some in Florida too

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
« Reply #719 on: April 15, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
"From the High Desert...I bid you all good evening, good morning, good afternoon, wherever you may be at this great land of ours, at whatever time you are -...I'm Art Bell, and I'm happy to be here and we've got a full night tonight...."
Lovely tip of the hat.
+1 :)
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...