Author Topic: Paypal  (Read 1737 times)

timebandit

• Elluminati
Paypal
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:34:11 AM »
I got a new credit card and updated my Amazon account. I decided not to update paypay..so after about a week I get an email from PayPal saying they had updated my credit card. Amazon must have gave them the info. So today I am cancelling my PayPal account.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
Re: Paypal
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:31:42 AM »
I got a new credit card and updated my Amazon account. I decided not to update paypay..so after about a week I get an email from PayPal saying they had updated my credit card. Amazon must have gave them the info. So today I am cancelling my PayPal account.

I hate PayPal with a passion! Apple Pay has been a great addition to paying.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »

I'd have asked them specifically where they got my updated card information, then filed formal complaints with the appropriate state/federal agencies against whoever provided that information to PayPal.  Attorneys general, ICC, banking commissions, FTC, etc.

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 11:31:02 AM »
I'd have asked them specifically where they got my updated card information, then filed formal complaints with the appropriate state/federal agencies against whoever provided that information to PayPal.  Attorneys general, ICC, banking commissions, FTC, etc.
if I recall correctly Amazon owns PayPal. Still isn't right

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
if I recall correctly Amazon owns PayPal. Still isn't right

PayPal was owned by Ebay, but now they are totally separate entities.  Whoever gave PayPal your card information broke the law.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
They're all pretty shady and unscrupulous. I do as little online purchasing as possible

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »
They're all pretty shady and unscrupulous. I do as little online purchasing as possible
Money in my Paypal vanished after I logged on and saw it there.  It's not even in the history or anything.  I used their Help contact to email them, because that's thievery.  It was only sitting there a week or so.  Did someone think I wouldn't notice?  Of course I noticed!  Especially since every employer seems to think a woman over 50 is a temp.