Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597787 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1185 on: November 06, 2019, 11:59:34 AM »
The cat got the biggest cheer. That's good 😺

My first thought on seeing the cat was if it would turn the game around in favor of the Cowboys.  There was a closeup shot of Dak looking at the cat, and I wondered if he was thinking the same.  Turns out, he was.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1186 on: November 06, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
My first thought on seeing the cat was if it would turn the game around in favor of the Cowboys.  There was a closeup shot of Dak looking at the cat, and I wondered if he was thinking the same.  Turns out, he was.

You're right. That was when the game pretty much turned around. Dak and Black. Two cool cats
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1187 on: November 06, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »
Dear Lord. Will we need therapy after?

I think you are made of stern stuff Dot.  You'll be fine.  Just maybe one little night terror or two.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If TigerLily wants it, I'll have to put it on my To Do List sometime.   Maybe I can combine it with the time the Hillbilly sent his DNA into 23andMe.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1188 on: November 06, 2019, 09:58:42 PM »
I think you are made of stern stuff Dot.  You'll be fine.  Just maybe one little night terror or two.

If TigerLily wants it, I'll have to put it on my To Do List sometime.   Maybe I can combine it with the time the Hillbilly sent his DNA into 23andMe.

Do tell.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1189 on: November 07, 2019, 09:32:03 AM »

Hey @ShayP .  Look who's playing you in the movies. Cheers!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kinda creepy actually

@TigerLily     Ha!  I agree with you on the creepy part.  I was skeptical when Tom Hanks was given the part.  I thought that maybe the guy who played Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory could pull it off, but he doesn't have the star power.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.  By all accounts it's more about the reporter and less about Fred Rogers.  Still...I'm looking forward to it.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1190 on: November 07, 2019, 09:34:34 AM »
@TigerLily     Ha!  I agree with you on the creepy part.  I was skeptical when Tom Hanks was given the part.  I thought that maybe the guy who played Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory could pull it off, but he doesn't have the star power.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.  By all accounts it's more about the reporter and less about Fred Rogers.  Still...I'm looking forward to it.

They are showing clips in ads. Looks good and Tom Hanks never disappoints
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1191 on: November 07, 2019, 10:55:48 AM »
They should have gotten Eddie Murphy to play him.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1192 on: November 07, 2019, 11:06:13 AM »
@juan   LOL!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1193 on: November 07, 2019, 12:16:05 PM »
Kind of a sad anniversary today. November 7, 2000 was the last day that no one was killed in a traffic accident on Texas highways.  19 solid years of at least one person dying every day just from traffic accidents. We actually average about 10 per day. 

I knew two of them. 

One was killed by a drunk driver. 

One was killed when she ran into a light pole while texting. Her Explorer caught on fire and she burned to death while bystanders tried to get her out of the vehicle. She was 16.

Please don’t drink and drive. Please don’t text and drive.   

p.s.  I was at work when I heard on the radio that a high school girl was killed in a black SUV 1 mile from my daughter’s high school. It took me a frantic hour and a half before I finally figured out it wasn’t my daughter, it was one of her friends that drove a similar vehicle.
Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1194 on: November 07, 2019, 12:32:22 PM »
Cabbage head dolls!
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1195 on: November 07, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
Kind of a sad anniversary today. November 7, 2000 was the last day that no one was killed in a traffic accident on Texas highways.  19 solid years of at least one person dying every day just from traffic accidents. We actually average about 10 per day. 

I knew two of them. 

One was killed when she ran into a light pole while texting. Her Explorer caught on fire and she burned to death while bystanders tried to get her out of the vehicle. She was 16.

p.s.  I was at work when I heard on the radio that a high school girl was killed in a black SUV 1 mile from my daughter’s high school. It took me a frantic hour and a half before I finally figured out it wasn’t my daughter, it was one of her friends that drove a similar vehicle.

Very sad news, Grav. Very good advice

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1196 on: November 07, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »

I knew two of them. 

How awful. I’m so sorry.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1197 on: November 07, 2019, 03:21:20 PM »
I dropped by the old country and it appears there are only two people, using multiple names, posting there. They may not even be people.
Merry Christmas

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #1198 on: November 07, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »
I dropped by the old country and it appears there are only two people, using multiple names, posting there. They may not even be people.
Isn’t there a saying about monkeys and keyboards? Is it difficult reading one set of hands trying to post for all of the split personalities fighting?
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1199 on: November 07, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »
There is such a quote, something like “If you have 100-million monkeys pounding on 100-million typewriters you’ll eventually get the works of Shakespeare.” Unfortunately, the Internet has now proven that untrue.
Merry Christmas