Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597600 times)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1320 on: November 27, 2019, 08:29:32 PM »
I stayed at an Airbnb rental in Silver Spring, Maryland for 2 weeks.  It was a quaint apartment built in the upper level of a brick home.  I picked it because it had a washer and dryer. 

I told the woman that I rented the place from that I didn’t think the lint trap on the dryer had ever been emptied.  She kind of argued with me so I sent her a picture of the lint I pulled out.  I bet she really bitches out her maid service.

@KSM have you ever seen so much lint?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1321 on: November 27, 2019, 08:43:53 PM »
I stayed at an Airbnb rental in Silver Spring, Maryland for 2 weeks.  It was a quaint apartment built in the upper level of a brick home.  I picked it because it had a washer and dryer. 

I told the woman that I rented the place from that I didn’t think the lint trap on the dryer had ever been emptied.  She kind of argued with me so I sent her a picture of the lint I pulled out.  I bet she really bitches out her maid service.

@KSM have you ever seen so much lint?
@GravitySucks
Holy Mother Of Pearle! Looks like a deformed lint monster that didn't finish changing back to normal..  Did you write the host a review?  Sometimes hosts can be shitheads and argue with you about weird things as they are easily offended when you ask them questions. And with reviews it's like a waiting game because both host and guest will wait to get the Airbnb notification that the other has left them a review. I've written/typed at least 20 unreturned reviews. It's frustrating as hell because they'll sign the guestbook with all kinds of wonderful things to say but SOME guests can't be bothered to keep their Airbnb app alerts on to leave one for us. Reviews expire at 14 days. We're at 78  5 star reviews now but we've had well over 100 bookings in two years.

Mild filibuster. Apologies

Happy thanksgiving to you.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1322 on: November 27, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »
Yes @KSM   i always leave a review.  I didn’t mention the lint in my review because the rest of the stay was very enjoyable. I haven’t gotten one back from here yet.  I think I got reviews from everywhere I stayed in Thailand.

I had never used Airbnb but I started using it when I went to Thailand.  I got some incredible deals there.  One of the best places I stayed was a penthouse apartment in Pattaya with a rooftop pool. It cost me about $30 per night. 

Here in the states the advertised rates are artificially low.  The cleaning fees are so high at the places I checked that I would probably not rent if it was less than a week long stay. 
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1323 on: November 27, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »
Yes @KSM   i always leave a review.  I didn’t mention the lint in my review because the rest of the stay was very enjoyable. I haven’t gotten one back from here yet.  I think I got reviews from everywhere I stayed in Thailand.

I had never used Airbnb but I started using it when I went to Thailand.  I got some incredible deals there.  One of the best places I stayed was a penthouse apartment in Pattaya with a rooftop pool. It cost me about $30 per night. 

Here in the states the advertised rates are artificially low.  The cleaning fees are so high at the places I checked that I would probably not rent if it was less than a week long stay.
How many reviews are you at?  I'll bet you'd be a good guest..   Airbnb is always asking hosts to lower their prices. Some do (everything is local of course) so the lowballing begins. We stick to our price and our reviews speak for themselves.

Unfortunately   since my little retirement stint I've been the MAID!!! The cleaning service ;D I put my hair up in an old lady swimming cap like you see at the pool and I giver! Music cranked and beer flowing!! Jimmy crack corn and  I don't care how ridiculous I look.  But everything is covered in our base price. I've heard some of the best listings on the planet are in NZ.  Not surprising

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1324 on: November 27, 2019, 09:19:29 PM »
How many reviews are you at?  I'll bet you'd be a good guest..   Airbnb is always asking hosts to lower their prices. Some do (everything is local of course) so the lowballing begins. We stick to our price and our reviews speak for themselves.

Unfortunately   since my little retirement stint I've been the MAID!!! The cleaning service ;D  But everything is covered in our base price. I've heard some of the best listings on the planet are in NZ.  Not surprising

I’ve written about 10. I think I have 6 written on me, all stated they would rent to me again. Even the guy that only writes in Russian in Ko Samui Thailand that had to go buy bath towels and toilet paper. I left a mediocre review on that stay.  I didn’t want to get whacked by the Russian mob. 
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1325 on: November 27, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »
I’ve written about 10. I think I have 6 written on me, all stated they would rent to me again. Even the guy that only writes in Russian in Ko Samui Thailand that had to go buy bath towels and toilet paper. I left a mediocre review on that stay.  I didn’t want to get whacked by the Russian mob.
LOLOL  The worst thing (I write all the reviews) is when I give a guest a 3 or 4 o'5 only to see that they have left a glorious review for us with 5 stars on all fronts. I just feel horrible but sometimes.. ya know..  gotta be honest :-[

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1326 on: November 27, 2019, 09:48:32 PM »
@KSM just an example of the fees. The nightly rate for the place I just rented was $50 per night. The total cost for 14 nights was $1008.  Cleaning  fee was $95. Airbnb fee was $103.  Taxes were $110.  Still much cheaper than a hotel.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1327 on: November 27, 2019, 10:13:19 PM »
@KSM just an example of the fees. The nightly rate for the place I just rented was $50 per night. The total cost for 14 nights was $1008.  Cleaning  fee was $95. Airbnb fee was $103.  Taxes were $110.  Still much cheaper than a hotel.
Yeah the fee's fees? lol do add up. Right now we have two guys who work for a demo crew over there. They checked in last Thursday and leave December 14. Our payout is exactly $3,101.09 they are booked through a well known company but the extra $$$ charged to them that we don't know about must be really high, but they the company have the money so.. ok then.  Sometimes an out of town single nurse or Dr. will book the entire place for herself or himself for weeks on end (all paid for by medical) These guests don't cook or eat there, they're at the hospital all day. These guests rock because they use the place to shower and sleep. No wear n tear and cleaning up after them is so much easier. Even after weeks of them being there.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1328 on: November 27, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Yeah the fee's fees? lol do add up. Right now we have two guys who work for a demo crew over there. They checked in last Thursday and leave December 14. Our payout is exactly $3,101.09 they are booked through a well known company but the extra $$$ charged to them that we don't know about must be really high, but they the company have the money so.. ok then.  Sometimes an out of town single nurse or Dr. will book the entire place for herself or himself for weeks on end (all paid for by medical) These guests don't cook or eat there, they're at the hospital all day. These guests rock because they use the place to shower and sleep. No wear n tear and cleaning up after them is so much easier. Even after weeks of them being there.

How much is that in real money?
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1329 on: November 27, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
How much is that in real money?
Hehehe  Trying to get the fawk outta here but ya throw that shit at me.  When in NJ I noticed the price of everything was the same or MORE expensive than it is in BC. Groceries in particular. Beer was very inexpensive but scotch was about (or aboooot) $3.00 more per bottle.  Everything evens out (Ooooot) at the end of the day. But that's just Joisey

g'night ya big turkey

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1330 on: November 27, 2019, 10:39:49 PM »
Hehehe  Trying to get the fawk outta here but ya throw that shit at me.  When in NJ I noticed the price of everything was the same or MORE expensive than it is in BC. Groceries in particular. Beer was very inexpensive but scotch was about (or aboooot) $3.00 more per bottle.  Everything evens out (Ooooot) at the end of the day. But that's just Joisey

g'night ya big turkey

Just be glad you didn’t have to buy a bag of milk.
Are we having fun yet?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1331 on: November 28, 2019, 12:10:54 AM »
Just be glad you didn’t have to buy a bag of milk.
I, for one, prefer boxes with paper straws.
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1332 on: November 28, 2019, 09:10:30 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving you eclectic gaggle of huggable weirdos. 

You too @KSM
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1333 on: November 28, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #1334 on: November 28, 2019, 10:26:11 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You probably heard this, but Ben Franklin wanted turkey as the National Bird. I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions about what that would mean vis-a-vis Thanksgiving, I mean, Chicken and dressing is ok but it's not special. And Eagle and cornbread dressing? That sounds plain yucky. But, like I say, you decide...HAVE IT YOUR WAY IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU SEEM LIKE THE TYPE THAT WOULD EAT A BALD EAGLE! JUST SEE IF I CARE BECAUSE I DON'T!! I REALLY DON'T!!! I GIVE UP ON YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Lol on the cartoon and enjoy giving thanks today and everyday