Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597990 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2265 on: January 20, 2020, 07:31:50 PM »
So KSM will be allowed to visit 🐱
+1
LOL
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2266 on: January 20, 2020, 07:32:55 PM »
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2267 on: January 20, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »
I've wondered how I'd react if I were mugged.  First off, I believe someone out looking for trouble gets what they get if they find it.  Fuck 'em.

My first concern would be my own safety.  The mugger's safety would be of zero concern.  If I wasn't able to get away, but then got the upper hand, well, I'd make sure they stayed down.

I was 5’3 and about 120 pounds in 8th grade.  I could take care of myself in the neighborhood because I would go batshit brawler once I got tired of being picked on, but being faced with a kid that was probably 16 with 3 adult males right behind him egging him on was really intimidating.  For some unknown reason I had a large washer in my pocket. When the kid said I wasn’t leaving until I gave him my money I pulled it out and threw it as hard as I could nailing him square in the forehead. And then I started running.

I was walking from the high school to the law office where my mother worked.  The first cop out of the car was a black cop and all I saw was another black guy yelling at me so I kept running and didn’t stop until I got to the law office.  The cop was right behind me.  Of course my mother yelled “GravitySucks! What did you do this time?”   I was totally out of breath so the cop had to explain to her that I wasn’t in trouble. 

I hope that kid needed stitches. I know that washer drew blood.  And I hope he got a scar.

If it happened today in Chicago I probably would be charged assault.
Are we having fun yet?

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2268 on: January 20, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
This holiday and April 4th always bring back a disturbing memory for me. 

I was 13 when MLK Jr was assassinated. I was visiting my father who owned 7 acres in the country about 40 miles west of Chicago.  Out in the middle of nowhere. The house was set back from the road about 400 yards. 

Within an hour of the news that MLK had been assassinated my father was taking out rifles and ammunition and placing them near windows and doors around the house. 

Then he took me out back behind the horse barn and taught me how to shoot an old Springfield 30.06 rifle. He explained that there was a VISTA job corps camp down the road and that there was sure to be a riot with blacks marching down our road to kill any white people they saw. 

This was very foreign to me.  He told me that if he had to start shooting people once they came on to our property I was to do the same.  For 2 or 3 days we “stood guard” watching day and night for any commotion on our country road. I slept on the kitchen floor near the back door.  I am glad no one walked down our road. 

I think this was much more than being prepared.  This appeared to me to be some real paranoia.  I never considered my father to be a racist. He certainly had prejudices like many whites did in the 60’s but I never saw him go out of his way to act like a racist.

This memory still troubles me to this day.  He’s dead so I can’t discuss it with him.  I’m glad I never had to shoot anyone.
Wow, Gravity. That is intense. It is always a life altering thing to see your parents laid bare whether good bad or indifferent - to see the adults in your life in their fear. Thank goodness nothing happened. *Hug*
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2269 on: January 20, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »
I was 5’3 and about 120 pounds in 8th grade.  I could take care of myself in the neighborhood because I would go batshit brawler once I got tired of being picked on, but being faced with a kid that was probably 16 with 3 adult males right behind him egging him on was really intimidating.  For some unknown reason I had a large washer in my pocket. When the kid said I wasn’t leaving until I gave him my money I pulled it out and threw it as hard as I could nailing him square in the forehead. And then I started running.

I was walking from the high school to the law office where my mother worked.  The first cop out of the car was a black cop and all I saw was another black guy yelling at me so I kept running and didn’t stop until I got to the law office.  The cop was right behind me.  Of course my mother yelled “GravitySucks! What did you do this time?”   I was totally out of breath so the cop had to explain to her that I wasn’t in trouble. 

I hope that kid needed stitches. I know that washer drew blood.  And I hope he got a scar.

If it happened today in Chicago I probably would be charged assault.

Nice shot.  Very nice.  Too bad you didn't bust his teeth out.

Why was the lard-ass cop chasing you?  Since we're not hearing about a trial, it must not have been to get your information so you could testify

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2270 on: January 20, 2020, 08:14:24 PM »
All summer there's been a growing hobo camp right where the I-80 University Avenue offramp is in Berkeley.  More tents every day, huge piles of trash and filth, grimy wasted losers stumbling about.

A couple weeks ago there was a huge column of thick black smoke I could see miles away, and as I drove in that direction it ended being there.  Firetrucks had the exit blocked off that day while who knows what burned.

Today on the way to Berkeley the cops had the offramp blocked off again.  On the way home, they had the city streets leading to the freeway blocked off.  I hope they cleared that shithole - with prejudice.  And scrapped down about 5 feet.

Nothing in the news yet that I've found.  Maybe City Hall didn't think that was the first thing people should see on the way in.  Who knows, maybe the noble ''homeless'' aren't above the law after all, or at least some of them.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2271 on: January 20, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
Nice shot.  Very nice.  Too bad you didn't bust out his teeth.

Why was the lard-ass cop chasing you?  Since we're not hearing about a trial, it must not have been to get your information so you could testify

I really don’t know why he chased me unless it was to get my side of the story.  They didn’t catch the others. They put me in the back of the squad car and drove me around trying to see if I recognized anyone.  I was worried that if I did recognize someone that my mother would be in danger.  She had to go to her job in that neighborhood every day.  I half heartedly gazed at people and just told the cops that I didn’t really get a good look at anyone.  Which was the truth.  I couldn’t describe what they were wearing and I didn’t know at the time that I have face blindness so I probably couldn’t pick anyone out in a lineup unless they had a gash in their forehead.
Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2272 on: January 21, 2020, 05:42:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/ChimpCovfefe/status/1219392118520713223

<snip>

@Chimp Covfefe you are correct. Hold out for MOAR money. You do a bang up job as a Monkey Psychic!
THE PARAUNITY EXPO CONVENTION general admission ticket is $20.00 for adults. Tickets for 'THE GALLERY READING with "Chip" is $50.00 per ticket.
I contacted the guy who created the poster. Some nitwit posted CHIP COFFEY photo and not your photo on the poster.

https://www.newjerseyparaunityexpo.com/chip-coffey-gallery-reading.html

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2273 on: January 21, 2020, 05:44:15 AM »
This holiday and April 4th always bring back a disturbing memory for me. 

I was 13 when MLK Jr was assassinated. I was visiting my father who owned 7 acres in the country about 40 miles west of Chicago.  Out in the middle of nowhere. The house was set back from the road about 400 yards. 

Within an hour of the news that MLK had been assassinated my father was taking out rifles and ammunition and placing them near windows and doors around the house. 

Then he took me out back behind the horse barn and taught me how to shoot an old Springfield 30.06 rifle. He explained that there was a VISTA job corps camp down the road and that there was sure to be a riot with blacks marching down our road to kill any white people they saw. 

This was very foreign to me.  He told me that if he had to start shooting people once they came on to our property I was to do the same.  For 2 or 3 days we “stood guard” watching day and night for any commotion on our country road. I slept on the kitchen floor near the back door.  I am glad no one walked down our road. 

I think this was much more than being prepared.  This appeared to me to be some real paranoia.  I never considered my father to be a racist. He certainly had prejudices like many whites did in the 60’s but I never saw him go out of his way to act like a racist.

This memory still troubles me to this day.  He’s dead so I can’t discuss it with him.  I’m glad I never had to shoot anyone.
@GravitySucks wow what a memory for you. I need some time to think this over...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2274 on: January 21, 2020, 05:47:51 AM »

I contacted the guy who created the poster. Some nitwit posted CHIP COFFEY photo and not your photo on the poster.

https://www.newjerseyparaunityexpo.com/

He also has DAVE SCHRADER watermarked over Steve Gonsalves (top left) and Adam Berry (mid right) on the main page poster.
https://www.newjerseyparaunityexpo.com/

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2275 on: January 23, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »
Ancient Egyptian mummy 'brought back to life' as scientists recreate his voice..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/ancient-egyptian-mummy-brought-back-21342577

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2276 on: January 23, 2020, 04:50:56 PM »
Ancient Egyptian mummy 'brought back to life' as scientists recreate his voice..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/ancient-egyptian-mummy-brought-back-21342577

Wow! People talking after they are dead! 
Well, that might not be a good thing.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2277 on: January 23, 2020, 05:08:05 PM »
Wow! People talking after they are dead! 
Well, that might not be a good thing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2278 on: January 23, 2020, 05:14:41 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That could be interesting.

Wait, why is there a shovel??

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated